Windows 10: Lower performance since 3-4 weeks.

Discus and support Lower performance since 3-4 weeks. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have a dual boot system on Asus X55C whose primary OS is Windows 10 pro and secondary OS is Ubuntu 20.04 . I have installed the other OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PiyushMhatre, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Lower performance since 3-4 weeks.

Hello

I have a dual boot system on Asus X55C whose primary OS is Windows 10 pro and secondary OS is Ubuntu 20.04 . I have installed the other OS Ubuntu almost one month ago. So my laptop takes almost 2min and 30 sec to boot up and its ok as the laptop is old but when I start the laptop in Windows its very slow, and I have to wait 4-5 minutes to do something and get a response. I monitored task manager and saw that my disk is always 100% usage and I see the process named system utilizing its maximum of it and always using the hdd most.

I have reinstalled windows almost 2 months ago. However In the secondary OS my hdd utilization is always less then 5% and I get a fast response every time . I remember that I updated my bios but nothing was changed as I compared all the settings with the previous bios. But somehow the SATA configuration was changed from IDE to ACHI and my windows crashed so I reverted it and its fine now.

I noticed that every time I boot in there is a windows logo and a loading sign after that it dissapears and text with please wait is displayed every time ,but when my laptop was normal it was not supposed to show it.

I am in the other OS and do not remember Windows build version but I remember that I installed the NET and cumulative update which was realesed on 2nd or 3rd Feb 2021.

Note :- Windows is always updated and also the drivers are up-to-date .

:)

PiyushMhatre, Feb 4, 2021

2. Lower performance on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Lets follow the below methods and check.

Method 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2: Try to login to safe mode and check If the issue persists, if not perform Clean boot.

How to login to Safe mode steps.

• From login screen, press Shift key and click on the
      Power button and click restart to enter Advanced Boot Options.
    • In this page select troubleshoot
      option.
    • And click on Advance option.
    • Select Startup setting from advance option.
    • Here you will find Restart button, just click on it. It will restart PC with safe mode.
    • Once you login with safe mode, update the graphics card driver in this mode.

Method 3: Clean boot

Check if the issue persists, in safe mode.

If the issue does not persist in safe mode, then perform a clean boot to from safe mode to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note:

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 4, 2021
  3. PC not loading at start since Windows update about 3-4 weeks ago

Even if you didn't update your device, the steps recommended above are also applicable. We suggest performing all the steps provided and get back to us with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Lower performance since 3-4 weeks.

Reccurring Meeting 3 of the 4 weeks in Month

Good Morning...

I am trying to Schedule a Reoccurring Meeting 3 out the 4 weeks in a month.

The first Wednesday of every month is a Combined Conf Call with everyone on call.

For the remaining weeks of the month, there are 2 Weekly Scheduled Conference Calls - From 1:00 - 2:00
    and the second one is from 2:00 - 3:00

How do I create this.

BarbaraF 07062018, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Lower performance since 3-4 weeks.

1. Lower performance since 3-4 weeks. - Similar Threads - Lower performance since

2. How do i get rid of these "Today 3 "Last week 4 and "Earlier this year 3"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of these "Today 3 "Last week 4 and "Earlier this year 3"?: i managed to change the downloads folder back to default, but i cant seem to remove these.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-today-3-last-week-4-and/44d1a478-0e94-40a6-a96c-866066512edb
  3. How do i get rid of these "Today 3 "Last week 4 and "Earlier this year 3"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of these "Today 3 "Last week 4 and "Earlier this year 3"?: i managed to change the downloads folder back to default, but i cant seem to remove these.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-these-today-3-last-week-4-and/44d1a478-0e94-40a6-a96c-866066512edb
  4. How do i get rid of these "Today 3 "Last week 4 and "Earlier this year 3"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hotmail email account locked since 3/4/2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail email account locked since 3/4/2023: Hello,My Hotmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has been locked since 3/4/23. I tried talking to Microsoft support but they told me that the unlocking is being handled by another team and they had no way to contact them. I also asked typically how it...
  6. Hotmail email account locked since 3/4/2023

Hotmail email account locked since 3/4/2023: Hello,My Hotmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has been locked since 3/4/23. I tried talking to Microsoft support but they told me that the unlocking is being handled by another team and they had no way to contact them. I also asked typically how it...
  7. Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrible game performance since Windows Update two weeks ago: Ever since Windows 10 installed updates when I shut down my PC two weeks ago, games have had very poor performance. I mean they are unplayable. All games run like garbage. Very slow, lots of major lag, and many things do not even load in the games since the Windows Update two...
  8. Mouse 3 and 4 since December 15 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse 3 and 4 since December 15 Update: Hi everybody, Since KB4592449 installed, my mouse has ceased to function properly. It's just a generic based on an Anker model vertical mouse, but since the update button 3 typically "back", Mouse 3 has been reassigned to "ALT + UNK92 + NUMPAD 4", and button 4 typically...
  9. Reccurring Meeting 3 of the 4 weeks in Month

Reccurring Meeting 3 of the 4 weeks in Month: Good Morning... I am trying to Schedule a Reoccurring Meeting 3 out the 4 weeks in a month. The first Wednesday of every month is a Combined Conf Call with everyone on call. For the remaining weeks of the month, there are 2 Weekly Scheduled Conference Calls - From...
  10. Windows not updating since a week.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not updating since a week.: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit Home standalone computer (no domain or anything) [img] This is whats coming up every time I try to update or even if when windows tries to update itself. Happening since past 10 days now. [img] But funny part is if I select the...