Windows 10: Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop

Discus and support Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Maybe someone here can help me. I am using my Surface Book to remote into my desktop in my house. My problem is my desktop can't keep up with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/suda50, May 22, 2020.

1. /u/suda50 Win User

Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop

Maybe someone here can help me. I am using my Surface Book to remote into my desktop in my house. My problem is my desktop can't keep up with the resolution (3000x2000). I want to force the resolution to 1920x1280 but still keep the Remote Desktop full screen.

Even if I edit the RDP file with the custom resolution, when I set the screen mode to 2 (full screen) it uses my Surface display resolution and ignores the desktop resolution settings. If I set the screen to windowed, it uses the correct resolution. Am I missing a setting or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/suda50
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/suda50, May 22, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Hello Patrece,

Remote Desktop Client is a feature designed to provide users with a graphical interface to connect to another computer using a network connection. You can use this to interact and remotely access another computer.

To rectify your concern, we suggest lowering the resolution of the screen you are using to connect your Remote Desktop session. The lower the resolution, the bigger the characters will be displayed on your screen. Once you're done with the session, you can
    change it back to the default resolution.

Let us know about the status pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 22, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, May 22, 2020
  4. Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Screen resolution

Hi Richard,

We would like to ask some questions from you to get more information and to know the best possible resolution to provide.

• Can you tell us how are you trying to change the resolution of the computer you are trying to remote desktop?
    • Have you tried changing the resolution first of the computer you are trying to remote desktop?
    • Are you getting any error message or the option is grayed out? A screenshot would be helpful.

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop

1. Lower resolution but full screen Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Lower resolution full

2. Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected: I have an application running that is scaled to match resolution of a monitor. It is written to adjust to any monitor resolution. If I establish connection using remote desktop and then start the application, it picks up the Remote Desktop's resolution its settings instead of...
  3. Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieve Desktop Resolution before Remote Desktop is Connected: I have an application running that is scaled to match resolution of a monitor. It is written to adjust to any monitor resolution. If I establish connection using remote desktop and then start the application, it picks up the Remote Desktop's resolution its settings instead of...
  4. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  5. Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution: Recently I bought a 4k monitor and tried to play Apex Legends in full HD resolution. because I want to use it as 4k for programming and 4k requires too much power to play games.But I noticed that when games go into full HD full screen mode, Windows also go into HD resolution....
  6. How can I make a screen recording of a game that runs in a lower resolution full screen on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make a screen recording of a game that runs in a lower resolution full screen on...: I took a recording of Lego Indiana Jones 2 which normally runs in full screen automatically but when I watched the video it had it in 3:4 resolution. Is there a way that I can fix this or am I stuck with it forever? submitted by /u/MysteryCat2003 [link] [comments]...
  7. Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution: I recently got a new monitor Samsung sj55w. its a 3440 x 1440p 75hz monitor. I applied an 85hz overclock to it. I noticed it was looking really grainy while programming. I went to my display settings -> advanced settings and noticed that the active signal resolution is...
  8. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting: I developed an App using Visual Basic 2010. Compiled, packaged and distributed it. The app is working well on most computers. But on some Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series notebooks with Windows 10, the moment my app launches (ONLY MY APP), the screen resolution automatically...
  9. Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...

Disable windows being resized if a full-screen application starts with lower resolution...: When using a 4K monitor (and a 1920x1080 besides it, but that most likely doesn't matter), and you start a Game for instance that runs in 1920x1080, that will force any window open in the desktop environment to be resized to 1920x1080 (and often moved to a new location)....
  10. Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection - poor resolution: When I connect from my laptop to my desktop via Remote Desktop Connection client, the resolution becomes poor - the text is not smooth (the colors look OK). I went to Remote Desktop Connection/Options/Display, colors are set to Highest Quality, all seems to be set...