Windows 10: lower wifi speed in my windows laptop

Discus and support lower wifi speed in my windows laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am getting 25 mbps speed and sometimes very less on my laptop but on the same router I am getting a full of 55-60 mbps speed on my mobile at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sudeep santra, Mar 17, 2020.

1. lower wifi speed in my windows laptop

I am getting 25 mbps speed and sometimes very less on my laptop but on the same router I am getting a full of 55-60 mbps speed on my mobile at the same distance.

what could be the possible fix?

some extra details

1.wifi plan: 60mbbs

2.router : tplink archer c6 2.4ghz/5ghz

3. windows 10: 1909 - 18363.657

4. laptop: hp-i3-6th-gen /12 gb ram

:)

sudeep santra, Mar 17, 2020
  2. xendistar Win User

Wifi speed on Lenovo laptop

I have a Lenovo laptop with a Broadcom wifi adapter, the upload and download speed has fallen through the floor along with network drops outs.

The laptop is running Windows 10 1909, the laptop is currently running Microsoft wifi adapter drivers, I have downloaded drivers direct from Broadcom but the performance was even worse using the Broadcom drivers. I have checked with the Lenovo web site and according to the driver support I have upto date drivers.

I have checked wifi performance using speedtest.net on my phone sat next to my laptop and I am getting the expected broadband speed. My son has also tested the wifi speed on his PC upstairs and it is only slightly less than expected broadband speed ( to be expected based on distance from the router etc.). My broadband speed is 100+Mbps on average, the laptop is giving just 10Mbps.

Can anybody make any suggestions on what I can do to get the laptops wifi performance back to wear it should be please.

xendistar, Mar 17, 2020
  3. tripleG Win User
    CPU speed much lower than base speed

My computer has been slow for quite a while now even while performing basic tasks such as web browsing (to the point where simply typing into a search bar can take several seconds before the computer shows me that I've typed anything) and I've finally gotten around to trying to search for a solution. I noticed that the speed listed on the performance tab of task manager is significantly lower than the base speed listed there (0.78GHz vs 2.59GHz) See here I suspect that this may be largely what is causing my problems.

I have tried the following things to bring this speed closer to my base speed:

• Moving the power management slider to "Best performance" See here
    • Increased the minimum processor state when plugged in to 100% See here
    • Turned off Speedstep in my Bios (which is described in the BIOS as forcing my CPU into its maximum performance mode
    • Turned off C-states in my BIOS which is described in the BIOS as allowing the processor to be put in other performance modes

Notably I have been trying the fixes recommended in this thread: Maximum Processor Speed Lower Than It Should Be

Any advice on steps I can take short of reinstalling Windows is greatly appreciated!

System details:
    Dell Latitude E7450
    Intel Core i5-4310U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.59GHz
    8.00GB RAM
    64-bit OS and processor

tripleG, Mar 17, 2020
  4. lower wifi speed in my windows laptop

wifi speed degradation in win 10 laptop

I am more confused now. I have 100/100 Mbps fios. the laptop achieves a speed of 101/118 when it is restarted. that to me means my settings are proper. Within 24 hours the upload speed drops to near 35-40 Mbps. At that point a simple restart of the laptop
    brings the speed back to 100/118 Mbps range. That to me suggests that some processes within the computer are limiting the upload speed. all other computers are working at the specified FIOS speeds. I have tried using Ethernet as well as wifi.

AllenMertig, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

lower wifi speed in my windows laptop

1. lower wifi speed in my windows laptop - Similar Threads - lower wifi speed

2. WiFi suddenly lower speeds at 0.08mbps. Need urgent help!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi suddenly lower speeds at 0.08mbps. Need urgent help!!: As the title says, sometime last week, my WiFi went from 60mbps download, 20mbps upload average speeds to between 20-30mbps download, 5-0.08mbps upload. I am not sure what has caused this or any idea how to fix it, which is why I am reaching out here. I am using a USB WiFi...
  3. WiFi suddenly lower speeds at 0.08mbps. Need urgent help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi suddenly lower speeds at 0.08mbps. Need urgent help!!: As the title says, sometime last week, my WiFi went from 60mbps download, 20mbps upload average speeds to between 20-30mbps download, 5-0.08mbps upload. I am not sure what has caused this or any idea how to fix it, which is why I am reaching out here. I am using a USB WiFi...
  4. WiFi suddenly lower speeds at 0.08mbps. Need urgent help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is the speed lower then my base speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the speed lower then my base speed?: It's 0.11 lower, can I overvolt it back to 1.90?Win11 Pro for Workstations 22000.376 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-speed-lower-then-my-base-speed/f1c7c04c-88b1-4005-8444-21249a88babd
  6. Why is the speed lower then my base speed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the speed lower then my base speed?: It's 0.11 lower, can I overvolt it back to 1.90?Win11 Pro for Workstations 22000.376 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-speed-lower-then-my-base-speed/f1c7c04c-88b1-4005-8444-21249a88babd
  7. Windows 11 download speed lower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 download speed lower: Hi, yesterday i update my windows to 11 to 2 pc and 1 laptop, the only have having a problem is my principal PC, the download speed went from 950MB/S to 300MB/s on test websites like speedtest, on steam i reach the maximum speed of download 55Mb/s on the laptop or other pc i...
  8. Wifi speed on Lenovo laptop

Wifi speed on Lenovo laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop with a Broadcom wifi adapter, the upload and download speed has fallen through the floor along with network drops outs. The laptop is running Windows 10 1909, the laptop is currently running Microsoft wifi adapter drivers, I have downloaded drivers...
  9. Internet speed gets lower when Laptop is plugged-in

Internet speed gets lower when Laptop is plugged-in: I have a Lenovo Y520 laptop with 8gb ram, GTX 1050ti and i5 7300-HQ. Recently I noticed that I get high ping when I'm playing games. I tried to do speed test on speedtest.net and found out that my internet speed drops down to half when my laptop is charging(I got ca 200mb/s...
  10. Win10 (1803) WiFi download speed twice lower

Win10 (1803) WiFi download speed twice lower: Hello, I have a bw of 30 mbps, but when i use my laptop, i have download speed of only 15 mbps, And upload speed of 30 mbps. When i use smartphone in the same wifi network, it is 30/30. Where on windows side is that limitation for dowload speed?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lower wifi speed on windows