Windows 10: lowering brightness

Discus and support lowering brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, i can't lower brightness from the notification bar and when I go in settings. i also went in the device manager and nothing was wrong, but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shuarmaluv, Feb 12, 2021.

1. lowering brightness

hi, i can't lower brightness from the notification bar and when I go in settings. i also went in the device manager and nothing was wrong, but my brightness stays high I also cant lower it if I use the brightness keys on the keyboard. it just seems stuck on the high level. How can I lower it?

:)

shuarmaluv, Feb 12, 2021

2. How to lower Screen brightness?

Hi Santino,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Display.
    • In the right pane, click on Advanced Display Settings.
    • Click on Color Calibration under Related Settings.
    • Provide password (if any) for the UAC prompt and click on OK.
    • Click on next and follow the on screen prompts to adjust the brightness and contrast.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Feb 12, 2021
  4. lowering brightness

Can't lower the brightness

I recently updated my Lenovo v570 from windows 7 to windows 10, and for some reason I can't lower the brightness. I hit fn + down, but it doesn't lower the brightness. Also my screen looks kind of blurry. It's on 1024x768 but it just looks really bad.
    Any help?

Tamanna Akther, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

lowering brightness

1. lowering brightness - Similar Threads - lowering brightness

2. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button once, my screen goes black immediately; if I...
  3. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button once, my screen goes black immediately; if I...
  4. How do you lower the brightness below minimum on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you lower the brightness below minimum on Windows 11?: On windows 10 you could click personalize display setting and be brought to a menu which allowed you to lower the brightness below normal, personalize now opens the generic display menu. I don't know who decided this was a good idea but I want to lower the display below...
  5. How do you lower the brightness below minimum on Windows 11?

How do you lower the brightness below minimum on Windows 11?: On windows 10 you could click personalize display setting and be brought to a menu which allowed you to lower the brightness below normal, personalize now opens the generic display menu. I don't know who decided this was a good idea but I want to lower the display below...
  6. My brightness is not getting lowered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  7. My brightness is not getting lowered

My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  8. Brightness extremely lowers down when charging plugged out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brightness extremely lowers down when charging plugged out: The brightness of the laptop screen extremely dulls down when the power supply was plugged off.On disabling the Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery option , this issue is resolved. Is it fine to keep Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery disabled for...
  9. Brightness extremely lowers down when charging plugged out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness extremely lowers down when charging plugged out: The brightness of the laptop screen extremely dulls down when the power supply was plugged off.On disabling the Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery option , this issue is resolved. Is it fine to keep Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery disabled for...
  10. Brightness extremely lowers down when charging plugged out