Windows 10: Lowering monitor brightness

Discus and support Lowering monitor brightness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Dell monitor had a good brightness range but I'm stuck with my HP laptop now and I can't make it dim enough at night. I tried an app from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BohanBohan, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Lowering monitor brightness

My Dell monitor had a good brightness range but I'm stuck with my HP laptop now and I can't make it dim enough at night. I tried an app from the Microsoft Store but it has the same brightness range as my laptop. Is there a registry hack or something that can let me lower screen brightness all the way down to zero?

:)

BohanBohan, Mar 14, 2021

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Lowering monitor brightness

Screen brightness unadjustable

Hello,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Lowering monitor brightness

1. Lowering monitor brightness - Similar Threads - Lowering monitor brightness

2. My brightness is not getting lowered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  3. My brightness is not getting lowered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  4. The brightness is automatically lowered

in Windows 10 Customization
    The brightness is automatically lowered: Hello, good morning, afternoon or evening, recently my laptop has been completely formatted and a problem that has arisen is that currently every time I play a video in full screen on youtube or in windows player, as soon as the cursor disappears, the video automatically...
  5. The brightness is automatically lowered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The brightness is automatically lowered: Hello, good morning, afternoon or evening, recently my laptop has been completely formatted and a problem that has arisen is that currently every time I play a video in full screen on youtube or in windows player, as soon as the cursor disappears, the video automatically...
  6. The brightness is automatically lowered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. lowering brightness

lowering brightness: hi, i can't lower brightness from the notification bar and when I go in settings. i also went in the device manager and nothing was wrong, but my brightness stays high I also cant lower it if I use the brightness keys on the keyboard. it just seems stuck on the high level....
  8. Monitor Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Brightness: Back in win7 from which I updated to wint 10 I could change the brightness of my external monitor with no issue in-system. For whatever reason, that option is now gone in Win 10....
  9. How to Reduce windows screen Brightness lower than usual brightness slider lower limit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Reduce windows screen Brightness lower than usual brightness slider lower limit: I'm a Windows & Mac user, While I use windows facing eye irritation problem due to the over brightness but I use the lowermost most value available in the brightness slider, I feel even that is too high for me, tried using third party apps they're applying screen filter not...
  10. how to lower brightness for laptop screen

how to lower brightness for laptop screen: how to lower brightness for laptop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-lower-brightness-for-laptop-screen/567d1b03-9098-4469-96c2-662464223a1d