Windows 10: Lowering my resolution creates black bars around the screen instead of stretching it.

Discus and support Lowering my resolution creates black bars around the screen instead of stretching it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I play games like Counter-Strike where I prefer to play on a stretched resolution 1280x960 as opposed to the standard 1920x1080, but my gaming laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by barosielle, May 12, 2021.

1. Lowering my resolution creates black bars around the screen instead of stretching it.

I play games like Counter-Strike where I prefer to play on a stretched resolution 1280x960 as opposed to the standard 1920x1080, but my gaming laptop is typically hooked up to a monitor. However, when it's not hooked up, most of the Nvidia graphic settings are gone for whatever reason, but this includes the settings to change my resolution down, so I have to change the resolution with windows display settings. When turning down the resolution it makes black bars, but I know that theres a way to stretch the resolution because I've done it before but forgot. Please help, and thank you in adv

:)

barosielle, May 12, 2021

2. Screen Resolution Stretched

One evening my monitor went black and came back up immediately but the screen was stretched and icons large. I was able to adjust the icons but the screen was stretched. None of the screen resolution options have any affect on correcting the problem. Looking
    for suggestions, thank you.

SueFisher3, May 12, 2021
  3. How to lower resolution and keep display size

Hello, I have a 4k display on a laptop. (Asus zenbook pro. windows 10). I'm trying to lower the resolution. When I do this, the display shrinks and there's a black border around the smaller screen size. I would like to keep this lower resolution and stretch
    the display to the whole screen. How can I do this?? Thanks

IVeuromancer, May 12, 2021
  4. Jim56813 Win User

Lowering my resolution creates black bars around the screen instead of stretching it.

Screen Resolution

Recently overnight my screen resolution changed. The original recommended resolution was 1600 by 900. That resolution is not listed in the display resolution list, and what is currently recommended stretches the screen and anything displayed. Is there a
    way to add the correct resolution?

Thanks

Jim56813, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Lowering my resolution creates black bars around the screen instead of stretching it.

1. Lowering my resolution creates black bars around the screen instead of stretching it. - Similar Threads - Lowering resolution creates

2. My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...: My whole screen is black with blue and red vertical lines. I can still hear the password startup sound but can’t see it, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-went-black-after-i-tried-doing-a-stretch/262f7e7c-ee4c-4b25-bcfe-7c124d63aa66
  3. My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...: My whole screen is black with blue and red vertical lines. I can still hear the password startup sound but can’t see it, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-went-black-after-i-tried-doing-a-stretch/262f7e7c-ee4c-4b25-bcfe-7c124d63aa66
  4. How to remove black bars when lowering resolution/How to Make screen stretch instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove black bars when lowering resolution/How to Make screen stretch instead of...: Lowering my resolution in-game and normally adds black bars instead of stretching, I didn't mess with any setting or anything, it just does it now, it never used to do this how do i fix it?...
  5. How to remove black bars when lowering resolution/How to Make screen stretch instead of...

How to remove black bars when lowering resolution/How to Make screen stretch instead of...: Lowering my resolution in-game and normally adds black bars instead of stretching, I didn't mess with any setting or anything, it just does it now, it never used to do this how do i fix it?...
  6. How to remove black bars when lowering resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove black bars when lowering resolution?: Lowering my resolution in-game and normally adds black bars instead of stretching, I didn't mess with any setting or anything, it just does it now, it never used to do this how do i fix it?...
  7. How to remove black bars when lowering resolution?

How to remove black bars when lowering resolution?: Lowering my resolution in-game and normally adds black bars instead of stretching, I didn't mess with any setting or anything, it just does it now, it never used to do this how do i fix it?...
  8. Screen Resolution Vertically Stretched

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Resolution Vertically Stretched: hey, so recently I decided to switch my computer resolution to 1440x1080 to get stretched resolution on a game, and I decided to keep it as my normal computer resolution for a week because I played the game a lot. after this week, I tried to switch back to 1920x1080 my...
  9. I cant stretch my resolution? I dont want those black bars :( HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant stretch my resolution? I dont want those black bars :( HELP!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lFAANl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1l17z/i_cant_stretch_my_resolution_i_dont_want_those/
  10. Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Resolution Changing to Lower Setting: I developed an App using Visual Basic 2010. Compiled, packaged and distributed it. The app is working well on most computers. But on some Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series notebooks with Windows 10, the moment my app launches (ONLY MY APP), the screen resolution automatically...