Windows 10: Lowering the power consumption when consuming media

Discus and support Lowering the power consumption when consuming media in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I use my PC basically for any sort of media consumption. I leave it on just to listen music while I do house errands and such. I have a mid ranged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IAmNoSherlock, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Lowering the power consumption when consuming media

Hey, I use my PC basically for any sort of media consumption. I leave it on just to listen music while I do house errands and such. I have a mid ranged PC. I was wondering if there is a proper way of lowering power consumption while I am not doing anything serious?

submitted by /u/IAmNoSherlock
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IAmNoSherlock, Aug 13, 2020

2. Lower core/mem clock => lower power consumption ?

To a point, yes, thermals at 100% GPU utilization will be lower, thus lower power consumption. However, lowering voltage and a little under clocking will be more effective.

The_DriverX, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    High Idle power consumption

Hi,

A laptop in idle still drains the battery. It can be one of the lists below are the reasons why your discharging faster.

• The power plan is on High-Performance. It consumes more energy because it maximizes the computer's usage. Toggle it as Balanced by going to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options.
    • Too many background applications running. We can check this by going to Windows Settings > System > Battery saver > Battery usage by app. You can set adjust the settings of your battery there as well. Also, please follow the tips on the window on how you
      can manage your battery.
    • You use the second graphics card as your display to an external monitor.
    • Using sleep mode instead of hibernate mode. Hibernate mode is advisable to use when stepping away from the device for very long.

In addition to this, you can run the automatic troubleshooter to
    find and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extend battery life

Feel free to post back if you need further help.

Erika Aro, Aug 13, 2020
  4. ldk8887 Win User

Lowering the power consumption when consuming media

Power Consumption

Is there Microsoft software to track my PC's power consumption?

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

ldk8887, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Lowering the power consumption when consuming media

1. Lowering the power consumption when consuming media - Similar Threads - Lowering power consumption

2. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enormous task manager power consumption: This has become very aggravating. I run Windows 10 most current version and if I DON'T load up the task manager in the background it will run at an enormous power consumption rated Very High for no reason consuming a ton of resources. It never drops. It absolutely kills any...
  3. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enormous task manager power consumption: This has become very aggravating. I run Windows 10 most current version and if I DON'T load up the task manager in the background it will run at an enormous power consumption rated Very High for no reason consuming a ton of resources. It never drops. It absolutely kills any...
  4. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power Media Player 14 for HP Consumer PCs with DVD for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Media Player 14 for HP Consumer PCs with DVD for Windows 10: how to install Power Media Player 14 for HP Consumer PCs with DVD for Windows 10the other available version is asking about internet connection for opening of powerdvd...
  6. Too much power consumption in modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much power consumption in modern standby: My laptop supports Modern Standby. The only drawback is it consumes too much power. Everything is fine in energy report. Nohwdrips.c10.unknown is active all the time. Modern standby is a very good feature. I dont want to lose it. What i have tried is 1. tried recovery but it...
  7. Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Higher Power Consumption when not logged into via RDP?: [ATTACH] Hey Guys I'm running a small home "server" PC constisting of a AMD 3400G, B450 Tomahawk and 16GB RAM. At softwareside it's running Windows 10 1903, Newest AMD driver and it's balanced Power Plan. The PC is running headless, if I need to check something I login...
  8. How to lower the power usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to lower the power usage?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BogdanSpagheta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eesin4/how_to_lower_the_power_usage/
  9. PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question: What's up ladies and gents. I have a question regarding PCIe power consumption for graphics cards. I've searched around and I get a very divided answer to this: Should I use a single power cable with x2 6+2 split on a GPU with slots over 8? or use two seperate 6+2 power...
  10. Power consumption issue with TP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power consumption issue with TP: Hello, I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage. Compared to Win 8.1 I also noticed an higher power consumption when idle (3,5W min with the TP, 2,3W on 8.1), data observed with Core Temp. Someone...