Windows 10: LPR - The specified printer does not exist on this computer - EventID 4009

Discus and support LPR - The specified printer does not exist on this computer - EventID 4009 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, I got a strange problem that I dont know how to figure out. I used to print through LPD, and of a sudden it stopped to work. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MicheleBar, May 5, 2021.

1. LPR - The specified printer does not exist on this computer - EventID 4009

Hello there, I got a strange problem that I dont know how to figure out. I used to print through LPD, and of a sudden it stopped to work. I have attached some pics of printer settings, the port that I have created. It's strange that looks like Windows doesn't recognize the printer that works perfectly on the PC where its connected. Furthermore I got new entry on windows event log for every page that I try to print so I think is a windows problem. Error detail:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event&quot;>- <System> <Provider

:)

MicheleBar, May 5, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

Printer question

To print to default from command line:

lpr <filename>

To print to specific printer:

lpr <filename> -Pprintername

also try lpr <tab><tab> for list of lpr commands

IggSter, May 5, 2021
  3. majnus Win User
    E52 LPR printing

Hello!

I can't print from my E52 through WIFI LPR... I have Samsung CLP-315W printer, it's in my wireless network, not connected to any pc. I'm trying to set up my nokia, but it doesn't seem to work.

When I'm printing from phone, it says "connecting" for 3 seconds, and then "document printed", but nothing really happens....

My settings:

Driver: General

Bearer: LPR

Access point: (my network name)

Host: (Printer's IP)

User: E52

Queue: SAMSUNGPRINTER (same as printer's name on the routers DHCP client list)

Orientation: Portrait

Paper size: A4

Help greatly appreciated... thanks!

majnus, May 5, 2021
  4. Lou Reed Win User

LPR - The specified printer does not exist on this computer - EventID 4009

Changing the EPSON printer protocol from LPR to RAW in WIN 10 Pro

I am using an EPSON printer on WIN 10 Pro. How do I change the printer port protocol from
    LPR to RAW.

It seems to be better to use RAW not LPR.

Just changing the protocol as shown in the attached graphic will not work. It stops with an error.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in adavnce.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, May 5, 2021
Thema:

LPR - The specified printer does not exist on this computer - EventID 4009

1. LPR - The specified printer does not exist on this computer - EventID 4009 - Similar Threads - LPR specified printer

2. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified path does not exist.: Trying to download installition Cannon Pixma TS3450 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-path-does-not-exist/2b22d94f-4ec7-4751-b95c-57b286af6a20
  3. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The specified path does not exist.: Trying to download installition Cannon Pixma TS3450 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-path-does-not-exist/2b22d94f-4ec7-4751-b95c-57b286af6a20
  4. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  6. "The specified path does not exist."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The specified path does not exist.": I cannot download anything onto my computer. I've tried with several things including NOX Player. Everytime something finishes downloading and i open it i am always prompted with the same messages saying the path doesn't exist. Can someone please provide a solution? I'm not...
  7. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  8. "The specified path does not exist"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "The specified path does not exist": Yesterday, I changed the registry for ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 from C:\ to F:\, and now today when I try opening any application such as CMD Adminstrator, Regedit, Task Manager, even Microsoft Word, or try to recover my Bitlocker Key, when I try to decrypt my...
  9. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: z[IMG] I tried installing Mojave Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron PC and it got installed, after I tried restarting my laptop, it stuck on a boot loop. Then, I got upset and tried installing Ubuntu which then showed the error like "Kernel Panic". Then, I tried installing...
  10. Error: The Specified Path Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: The Specified Path Does Not Exist: Hi, Having an annoying program error every time I land on my desktop upon start up. any idea how to get rid of this? Searched on the web a couple of times, but no recommendation I found and tried have really worked. [ATTACH]...