Windows 10: lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram

Discus and support lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i fixed a net 3.5 downloading error and once it was done, now lsass kicked into overdrive, i had a virus in the past but i believe it was removed, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by upcomingITpro, Dec 2, 2021.

1. lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram

i fixed a net 3.5 downloading error and once it was done, now lsass kicked into overdrive, i had a virus in the past but i believe it was removed, is there a fix for it?

:)

upcomingITpro, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 2, 2021
  3. bumgarb42 Win User
    Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram [​IMG]

lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram [​IMG]

bumgarb42, Dec 2, 2021
  4. lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram

Sasser worm, lsass

It actually detected a lot, but i believe it was a trojan who was attacking the "lsass" (it was actually from windows, the lsass)

This trojan was located in "C:/Windows/Temp/svchost.exe", i believe it was this.

Avg also detected a Adplugin, but i dont believe it was that.

ManéCarvalhaes, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram

1. lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram - Similar Threads - lsass exe taking

2. lsass related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lsass related: Can anybody tell me what is lsass in windows. Is it a legit program in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-related/05410a9b-0839-461e-a6b0-195ec5528bc4
  3. lsass related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lsass related: Can anybody tell me what is lsass in windows. Is it a legit program in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-related/05410a9b-0839-461e-a6b0-195ec5528bc4
  4. explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    explorer.exe takes up 1.8GB RAM: Anyone else noticed this? Happens automatically with time, desktop still usable but slow. After killing explorer.exe and rerun it goes back to 45MB RAM which is expected. I rarely restart the PC. Looks like memory overflow, who wrote this shit?! Windows 7 never had this...
  5. lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram: i fixed a net 3.5 downloading error and once it was done, now lsass kicked into overdrive, i had a virus in the past but i believe it was removed, is there a fix for it?...
  6. lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lsass.exe is taking up 80% of my ram: i fixed a net 3.5 downloading error and once it was done, now lsass kicked into overdrive, i had a virus in the past but i believe it was removed, is there a fix for it?...
  7. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  8. Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?: Hi, My Windows 10 has been different today, unlike before. I used to have around 6GB+ total RAM on my computer. After Windows Update, the available ram was cut half at a low 3.42GB total. CPU-Z detected my memory correctly, but Windows and Control Panel didn't. I have 8GB of...
  9. my computer is using 80% of RAM memory with no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my computer is using 80% of RAM memory with no reason: [ATTACH] I have an i59400f GTX1660TI with 8gbRAM. I saw that in desktop with no apps openned my RAM is going up to 80%. so i go to see the services and i saw this, i know that is an w10 hoster, but theese all services are necessary ?????...
  10. Something is taking up RAM?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is taking up RAM?: Hi!! Im having a problem that something is steadily using up more and more of my computers memory as I use it. I haven't even been using it for more than an hour today before having to restart it because 90%+ is being used on something that I just cannot find. Just now...