Windows 10: LSASS.EXE produces memory leak on Windows 10

Discus and support LSASS.EXE produces memory leak on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm experiencing a problem in the office's server since I installed Windows 10. The problem is a well-known one with LSASS.EXE, and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tassadar, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Tassadar Win User

LSASS.EXE produces memory leak on Windows 10

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a problem in the office's server since I installed Windows 10. The problem is a well-known one with LSASS.EXE, and I've found that it's docummented and there are patches for Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7: LINK

My problem is there is no information about this problem on Windows 10.

The computer works like a charm... until lsass.exe starts taking more and more RAM. When it takes the whole 16GB the computer works awful and has to be restarted.

I attach some screenshots:

LSASS.EXE produces memory leak on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Memory Usage:

CPU:

The computer is a server but has no active directory, it's a common lan with four computers and the server has (among other functions) a ERP that uses SQL 2016 with a database.

Since I saw a reference to Named Pipes I tried to disable in "cliconf.exe" but it didn't solve the problem:

I Found some information about memory leaks in windows 10 (not related to LSASS but "Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver", so I modified registry in this way:

Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu and then from the right hand section of the window double click Start in order to be able to edit the Value data setting. It will probably be 2 but changing this to 4 will disable the ndu.

Server specs:

-i7 Haswell @4,5 ghz
    -Asrock Z97 extreme4 motherboard
    -16 GB RAM DDR3 2400mhz
    -Integrated VGA
    -Raid 0 SSDs

Can anyone help me with this? I tryed Windows Performance Recorder Tool but it gave me not information to determine what is causing LSASS.EXE have this issue.

Regards and many thanks in adavance.

:)

Tassadar, Sep 7, 2016
  2. MzBr Win User

Internet Explorer 11 certificate issues

After the latest update of Windows 28.2.2016
    certificates in Internet Explorer are no longer working.
    I can choose which certificate
    you want, and then nothing happens.
    I got an error message
    System out of memory. And
    proceses lsass.exe take all the
    memory.

I try a few options about lsass memory leak, but no success.This
    happened on my both computers - 8.1 and 10.

Computers are running with Norton and Kaspersky AV.

MzBr, Sep 7, 2016
  3. lsass.exe high handles count 30k+ after 2 days

Is there an easy way to determine what is causing the handles leak under the lsass.exe? (Local Security Authority process)

easy way = not installing developers packages

JacobSaleh, Sep 7, 2016
  4. LSASS.EXE produces memory leak on Windows 10

Because lsass.exe is a crucial system file, its name is often faked by malware. The lsass.exe file used by Windows is located in the directory Windows\System32. If it is running from any other location, that lsass.exe is most likely a virus, spyware, trojan or worm. Due to the way some systems display fonts, malicious developers may name the file something like Isass.exe (capital "i" instead of a lowercase "L") in efforts to trick users into installing or executing a malicious file instead of the trusted system file.

Download and run Anti MalwareBytes.

orlbuckeye, Sep 7, 2016
  5. Tassadar Win User
    Many thanks for your answer, orlbuckeye,

What you tell is the first thing I tried and checked. I ran Malwarebytes and checked the first letter was "L" and not "I". The problem is caused by the real "LSASS.EXE".

Regards

Tassadar, Sep 8, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

LSASS.EXE produces memory leak on Windows 10

1. LSASS.EXE produces memory leak on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - LSASS EXE produces

2. Lsass using excess Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lsass using excess Memory: It appears that I have a memory leak in Lsass.exe. Memory usage keeping getting higher until the computer no longer responds. How can I fix this in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-using-excess-memory/301b8a72-f983-4ce2-9ef8-6b1521b6703d
  3. Lsass using excess Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lsass using excess Memory: It appears that I have a memory leak in Lsass.exe. Memory usage keeping getting higher until the computer no longer responds. How can I fix this in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-using-excess-memory/301b8a72-f983-4ce2-9ef8-6b1521b6703d
  4. Windows 10 - Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Memory Leaks: I'm trying to determine what is causing a memory leak on my Work PC - its an old machine running Win 10 Pro - i7-5930, 64GB ram, Gigabyte X99 motherboard. The issue has only started a few months ago, but can't for the life of me work out what the issue is. I thought it could...
  5. Windows 10 memory leak

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 memory leak: I recently purchased a new laptop and when transferring my old files from my previous one I used a new backup program and accidentally cloned my old laptop onto the new one. This gave me a whole bunch of errors and my new key was lost so I torrented a copy of windows and did...
  6. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  7. Windows Memory Leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Memory Leak: I've recently gotten a memory leak which prevented me from playing any games all together i'm not sure on whats causing this leak but I need help on how to fix this [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 - memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - memory leak: I just recently started to notice that my ram usage went up without any apparent reason and my PC started to lag and even to freeze, something that didn't happened before. So i did some digging and found out this strange behavior using RAMMap something i couldn't see with a...
  9. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  10. WIndows 10 Memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows 10 Memory leak: Good day , In the last week, my pc start presenting memory issues and i have been investigating and trying to solve them. the first one appeared was High use of memory like 98% when having nothing running, just pc in stand by. the problem of that was NonPaged Memory was...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lsass.exe crashes windows 1709

2. lsass.exe memory leak windows 2016