Windows 10: Lsass using excess Memory

Discus and support Lsass using excess Memory in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It appears that I have a memory leak in Lsass.exe. Memory usage keeping getting higher until the computer no longer responds. How can I fix this in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Suezon, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Suezon Win User

Lsass using excess Memory

It appears that I have a memory leak in Lsass.exe. Memory usage keeping getting higher until the computer no longer responds. How can I fix this in Windows 11?

:)

Suezon, Jan 20, 2022

2. Sasser worm, lsass

It actually detected a lot, but i believe it was a trojan who was attacking the "lsass" (it was actually from windows, the lsass)

This trojan was located in "C:/Windows/Temp/svchost.exe", i believe it was this.

Avg also detected a Adplugin, but i dont believe it was that.

ManéCarvalhaes, Jan 20, 2022
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Excessive memory use in explorer

No excessive memory use for me. Everything works great.

BulldogXX, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Lsass using excess Memory - Similar Threads - Lsass using excess

2. lsass related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lsass related: Can anybody tell me what is lsass in windows. Is it a legit program in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-related/05410a9b-0839-461e-a6b0-195ec5528bc4
  3. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  4. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  5. Lsass using excess Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lsass using excess Memory: It appears that I have a memory leak in Lsass.exe. Memory usage keeping getting higher until the computer no longer responds. How can I fix this in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lsass-using-excess-memory/301b8a72-f983-4ce2-9ef8-6b1521b6703d
  6. System Restore Excessive memory consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore Excessive memory consumption: I have a Dell laptop with 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Recently, I have found out that my C drive is getting filled without actually storing any files/programs on it. I went to storage sense and found that the system restore is consuming nearly half of my memory. Can I reduce the...
  7. lsass.exe using excessive memory. Any fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lsass.exe using excessive memory. Any fix?: Hello, I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 8 gb ram. I am facing this problem from yesterday. This particular process named "lsass.exe" is using way too much ram. As you can see in the screenshots, it has the highest usage and a total of 66% of ram is being used whereas I used...
  8. excessive data use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excessive data use: My fairly new Asus Vivo Book uses about 2 GB per day, only access news, mails, FB gameroom and play the odd daily game, no streaming or videos at all. We get 50 GB through satellite, never had overage before. System uses almost 1 GB, Microsoft edge about 450 MB. Way more than...
  9. Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508: Hey there, I have a problem with my Ram but the thing is I don't know since when I have it. I changed my graphic card a year ago more or less so it might be it. As you can see on the following images, I have 16 go RAM installed (2 slots of 8) but it only allows me to use a...
  10. Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508

in Windows 10 Support
    Excessive Memory used - Windows 10 19041.508: Hey there, I have a problem with my Ram but the thing is I don't know since when I have it. I changed my graphic card a year ago more or less so it might be it. As you can see on the following images, I have 16 go RAM installed (2 slots of 8) but it only allows me to use a...