Windows 10: LSI embedded MegaRAID has stopped working

Discus and support LSI embedded MegaRAID has stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 upgrade has stopped recognising my raid disks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnLewis154, Oct 4, 2019.

1. LSI embedded MegaRAID has stopped working

Windows 10 upgrade has stopped recognising my raid disks

:)

JohnLewis154, Oct 4, 2019

2. LSI MegaRAID driver for Windows 10

I have an LSI MegaRAID 9266-4i controller card. I'm trying to find the corresponding WHQL driver for the 64-bit version of Windows 10 Professional. I need this driver at Windows 10 installation time. The latest driver package available on the LSI web
    site is MR_WINDOWS_DRIVER_6.9-6.709.12.00-WHQL and this package DOES NOT include a driver for Windows 10; it only goes up to Windows 8.1 and this driver (megasas2.sys) has a creation time stamp of 2015-10-02 8:35 AM.

Is it possible to install and use the Windows 8.1 version of this driver on Windows 10? If so, any tips or guidance would be tremendously appreciated.

For what it's worth, I have found LSI (now owned by Avago Technologies) to be unhelpful in answering this question.

RobertRaicer, Oct 4, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    LSI Announces Nytro MegaRAID Acceleration Cards

LSI Corporation today announced worldwide channel availability of the PCIe flash LSI Nytro MegaRAID cards, providing simple, transparent and cost-effective application acceleration for direct-attached storage (DAS). Nytro MegaRAID cards uniquely integrate PCIe flash technology and intelligent caching software with enterprise RAID data protection using leading LSI dual-core RAID-on-Chip (ROC) technology.

The increased availability of the LSI Nytro MegaRAID product family coincides with a growing data deluge that is challenging data center managers to reassess ways to balance application performance, storage and data protection requirements in the most cost-effective way possible.

LSI embedded MegaRAID has stopped working 16a_thm.jpg

Nytro MegaRAID cards offer strong user benefits:
    • Reduce latencies by up to 47x for faster application response time
    • Enterprise-class flash performance and reliability from LSI SandForce flash storage processors with DuraClass technology
    • Enterprise-class data protection from LSI dual-core ROC technology
    • Lower administrative overhead and significant TCO savings
    • Broad compatibility with existing infrastructure through use of LSI SAS and MegaRAID drivers featuring extensive operating system and management support
    “Our worldwide Channel partners are seeing pent-up demand for affordable application acceleration solutions given the daunting amount of data stressing the capacity and data protection capabilities of storage infrastructures,” said Brent Blanchard, director, worldwide channel sales and marketing, LSI. “With its unique integration of technology on a single card and sub-$2K price point, we believe the Nytro MegaRAID family is a game-changer that can make the dramatic application acceleration benefits of PCIe flash solutions accessible and economical for all types of datacenters.”

Nytro MegaRAID cards use intelligent caching algorithms to identify application “hot spots” of frequently accessed data and automatically move the data between integrated flash storage and hard drives to blend high-performance and high-capacity storage, resulting in improved cost per gigabyte and cost per transaction.

Nytro MegaRAID cards are built upon the industry’s de facto standard RAID controller technology drivers and management support, enabling broad compatibility with existing storage infrastructures and delivering simple transparent application acceleration.

"Nytro MegaRAID cards provide the performance of flash with proven RAID data protection and intelligent caching software," said Ken Hostetler, director of product management with Silicon Mechanics. "This is an ideal solution for customer applications that require performance, capacity and reduced operational costs. The extensive compatibility and driver support out-of-the-box make it a solution I can offer to all my customers.”

Pricing and Availability:
    • LSI Nytro MegaRAID NMR 8100-4i $1,795
      (4 internal ports; 100GB eMLC flash capacity)
    • LSI Nytro MegaRAID NMR 8110-4i $2,795
      (4 internal ports; 200GB eMLC flash capacity)
    • LSI Nytro MegaRAID NMR 8120-4i $6,995
      (4 internal ports; 800GB eMLC flash capacity)
    Nytro MegaRAID cards feature a low-profile MD2 form factor, PCIe 3.0 compliance and support 6Gb/s SAS or SATA devices. The products are immediately available through the LSI worldwide network of distributors, integrators and VARs.

The Nytro MegaRAID product family extends the comprehensive LSI portfolio of enterprise RAID and application acceleration storage solutions available in the channel, including MegaRAID and 3ware RAID controllers, host bus adapters, the Nytro WarpDrive™ and Nytro XD product family, and advanced software and data protection options.

btarunr, Oct 4, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

LSI embedded MegaRAID has stopped working

LSI Extends MegaRAID Controller and HBA Families with PCI Express 3.0

LSI Corporation today introduced its latest MegaRAID 6 Gb/s SAS+SATA controllers and host bus adapters (HBAs) featuring the PCI Express 3.0 interface.

Seven new LSI MegaRAID controllers are offered with four or eight ports and provide a powerful combination of intelligent performance, enterprise RAID data protection and proven interoperability. Three new LSI HBA models provide state-of-the-art connectivity for servers and appliances in a variety of enterprise-level environments including corporate datacenters, the cloud and high-performance computing.

“In the face of massive data growth, system builders and resellers are racing to meet increasing demand for larger, more scalable systems that deliver reliability and high performance,” said Brent Blanchard, director of worldwide channel sales and marketing, LSI. “The addition of PCIe 3.0 on the new MegaRAID controllers and HBAs brings dramatically higher levels of performance and allows greater system design flexibility, with proven LSI product quality and reliability.”

The MegaRAID controllers announced today increase performance and protection for business and mission-critical data stored on high-performance SAS hard drives, high-capacity SATA hard drives or application-accelerating solid state drives (SSDs). Each controller is powered by the LSI SAS 2208/2308 RAID-on-Chip using 6Gb/s SAS technology and includes dual 800MHz PowerPC Processor cores with 1GB cache memory.

“LSI MegaRAID controllers and HBAs have been trusted core building blocks for EchoStreams server and storage systems, delivering performance and reliability while also being easy to qualify and integrate,” said Gene Lee, president and CEO, EchoStreams Innovative Solutions. “The latest LSI PCIe 3.0-based 6Gb/s SAS controllers and HBAs allow us to take advantage of the unprecedented memory and I/O bandwidths of the latest Intel Romley platform and offer our customers the ultimate throughput and I/O per dollar ratio that no one has been able to achieve before.”

The PCIe 3.0 interface delivers a bit rate of 8 gigatransfers per second (GT/s), roughly twice the bandwidth of the prior generation, and incorporates a number of key new features to improve data transmission and protection as well, including transmitter and receiver equalization, PLL improvements and clock data recovery.

The 9271-8iCC and 9286CV-8eCC MegaRAID cards come in easy-to-order prepackaged configurations that include the LSI CacheCade Pro 2.0 application acceleration software that optimizes SSD caching performance. Additional models include the onboard LSI flash-based CacheVault data protection option for even greater system protection.

Pricing and Availability
    LSI MegaRAID SAS+SATA Controllers:
    • MegaRAID SAS 9270-8i single/kit: $780/$835
    • MegaRAID SAS 9271-4i single/kit: $540/$575
    • MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i single/kit: $780/$835
    • MegaRAID SAS 9271-8iCC single: $1,050
    • MegaRAID SAS 9286-8e single: $995
    • MegaRAID SAS 9286CV-8e single: $1,255
    • MegaRAID SAS 9286CV-8eCC single: $1,525
    LSI SAS+SATA HBAs:
    • SAS 9207-4i4e single/kit: $335/$415
    • SAS 9207-8i single/kit: $305/$385
    • SAS 9207-8e single: $510
    The new LSI HBAs listed above are available immediately. The MegaRAID products are sampling now with general availability expected during Q3 2012. The products are supplied through the LSI worldwide network of distributors, integrators and VARs.

The new controllers and HBAs extend the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of enterprise RAID and application acceleration storage solutions available in the channel, including MegaRAID and 3ware RAID controllers, host bus adapters, Nytro WarpDrive family, and advanced software caching and data protection options.

btarunr, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

LSI embedded MegaRAID has stopped working

1. LSI embedded MegaRAID has stopped working - Similar Threads - LSI embedded MegaRAID

2. IGCCTray has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IGCCTray has stopped working: I have IntelR HD Graphics 520 as my display driver adapter. The driver is now updated to 9/5/2020 and yet it was installed earlier to 2021 year. I have installed the IntelR Graphics Command Center. Whenever I try to open that, it loads couple of seconds then a message appears...
  3. _______ has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    _______ has stopped working.: So for the past few weeks, I have seemed to lose more and more functionality of my computer. I use a full-sized desktop, and recently more and more, I would open an application and all except a small minority would close after a few seconds of being open if that. I've...
  4. Taskbar has stopped working

Taskbar has stopped working: Taskbar has stopped working on windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-has-stopped-working/bf90c9d1-fcb0-4960-9a4a-9c415e9dedbb
  5. Bluetooth has stopped working.

Bluetooth has stopped working.: I used my wireless bluetooth earbuds before turning my laptop off.After turning it on again, bluetooth couldn't be turned on again. In device manager I got error 43. I restarted my laptop, turned it on and off again, tried updating the drivers and after that didn't work i...
  6. fifawc.exe has stopped working ?

fifawc.exe has stopped working ?: hello there is something I wonder fifa world cup 2002 game system running windows xp Why does this game not work on windows 10? fifawc.exe has stopped working ? windows is checking for a solution to the problem...
  7. Bluetooth Has Stopped Working

Bluetooth Has Stopped Working: Bluetooth had worked fine since I got my laptop in January until today. It no longer comes up in the action center and there is no option to turn it on in control panel. In device manager there isn't a Bluetooth option. Troubleshooting hasn't worked and I have no clue how to...
  8. Mail has stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail has stopped working: my mail has stopped working and I need some help getting it back to working. it receives email but I cannot send email. I have worked with my email provider and they have determined that it is a windows 10 issue? please help....
  9. gswin32c.exe has stopped working

gswin32c.exe has stopped working: Got this message while building and sending emails using Outlook as OLE process. What does this mean? How is it corrected or dealt with?...
  10. touchpad has stopped working

touchpad has stopped working: Hi, I have got a Lenovo G50 laptop and my touch pad has just stopped working, has anyone got any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/touchpad-has-stopped-working/652e0d18-f543-4a46-bdeb-3dae23236958

Users found this page by searching for:

1. megasas2.sys update 9266