Windows 10: LT2P VPN & xbox live network services

Discus and support LT2P VPN & xbox live network services in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 upgrade I have lost L2TP/IPsec with certificate VPN connectivity. I found something online that suggested disabling the xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Racer-X, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Racer-X Win User

LT2P VPN & xbox live network services

After a recent Windows 10 upgrade I have lost L2TP/IPsec with certificate VPN connectivity. I found something online that suggested disabling the xbox live networking service, and it did seem to get me further along, but I still get error 789.

Initial error was:

The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established because the remote server is not responding. This could be because one of the network devices e.g. firewalls, NAT, routers, etc between your computer and the remote server is not configured to allow VPN connections. Please contact your Administrator or your service provider to determine which device may be causing the problem.

Now I get this error, reported as error 789 in event manager:

Error 789: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remove computer.

NOT interested in generic responses from MS. Looking for user feedback, only.

This issue was originally reported here, but that thread is locked -- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/l2tp-vpn-connection-fails-on-new-windows-10/6a3a9225-b33a-4dc8-b8d8-1698e44f8fc7

:)

Racer-X, Dec 10, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Xbox 360 Live Update

A new update for the Xbox 360 has been released over Xbox Live. The update, available upon signing on to the Xbox Live service with a 360, offers a few minor bug fixes, as well as a seal over a minor security hole that would-be system hackers had been experimenting with. Here's the update list:
    • Improvements to the Xbox Guide.
    • Option to retain your saved games when you delete a profile.
    • Increased accuracy of "last time played."
    • Network configuration improvements for Xbox Live® members in the Netherlands.
    • More detailed messaging for unreadable disk or region errors.
    Source: XBOXIC

malware, Dec 10, 2020
  3. L2TP VPN connection fails on new Windows 10 install due to Xbox Live Networking Service

I just wanted to share my experience trying to diagnose my L2TP connection issues with a brand new computer with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro to hopefully save others the hours of trouble shooting this cost me.

I have a newly built machine that I use for work, and to access my work recourses I use an L2TP VPN. Immediately after installing Windows 10 and updating the drivers for the various components of the system, my VPN was working. However, after installing
    all my software and the subsequent reboots, the VPN failed to connect with the following error:

The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established because the remote server is not responding. This could be because one of the network devices (e.g. firewalls, NAT, routers, etc) between your
    computer and the remote server is not configured to allow VPN connections. Please contact your Administrator or your service provider to determine which device may be causing the problem.

In between it working and then not working, I had installed Office 365, turned on all features of Developer Tools, sideloaded some custom applications, and installed some windows updates, as well as installing Steam and Xbox (Beta). A lot to troubleshoot.

I had tried the registry key fix mentioned many places on the web, recreated the VPN connection, and tried a number of other suggested fixes from the web. I was finally completely fed up with everything and decided to completely wipe the system and start
    over.

Again, the VPN worked straight out of the gate, so I installed each piece of software and drivers one at a time, rebooted, and tested the VPN connection.

Turns out, if the Xbox Live Networking Service is running the VPN will not work. If you disable this server, the VPN connects right back up again. I haven't found anything that the Xbox Live Networking Services is required for, but it will be easy to turn
    on if needed.

I hope this helps others who have strange phantom VPN issues.

Empresto45479, Dec 10, 2020
  4. LT2P VPN & xbox live network services

VPN connection

Hi

I have a weird issue using a VPN, for some reason it wont work on my main machine ( version 2004 build 19041.423 )

The things I have tested :

• At first I thought it was a network issue , so i trued the set up the vpn with the same credentials on my crapy laptop and guess what , the vpn worked!!
    • enable ports TCP 1723 , UDP 500 , 4500, still no luck.
    • Find "Xbox Live Networking Services" and disable that service. still no luck.
    • regedit, go to Equipo\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PolicyAgent, change AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule value to 2. No luck.

MCardona81, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

LT2P VPN & xbox live network services

1. LT2P VPN & xbox live network services - Similar Threads - LT2P VPN xbox

2. LT2P/IPsec VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LT2P/IPsec VPN: I want to use LT2P/IPsec to connect a Windows 10 client over the internet to a Windows 2019 server. After connecting, the client should still be able to browse the internet. The client needs access to the server's disks Drive mappings and to a service running on a port.So...
  3. LT2P/IPsec VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LT2P/IPsec VPN: I want to use LT2P/IPsec to connect a Windows 10 client over the internet to a Windows 2019 server. After connecting, the client should still be able to browse the internet. The client needs access to the server's disks Drive mappings and to a service running on a port.So...
  4. LT2P/IPsec VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Error with Games with Gaming Services/Xbox Live Integration

Error with Games with Gaming Services/Xbox Live Integration: Hi all,I have a weird error regarding the Xbox account integration with some games purchasable via the Microsoft Store, the Microsoft Store itself, and the Gaming Services app. Let me get my system specs out of the way:Framework LaptopIntel Core i5-1135G716GB RAM @ 2666...
  6. Error with Games with Gaming Services/Xbox Live Integration

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error with Games with Gaming Services/Xbox Live Integration: Hi all,I have a weird error regarding the Xbox account integration with some games purchasable via the Microsoft Store, the Microsoft Store itself, and the Gaming Services app. Let me get my system specs out of the way:Framework LaptopIntel Core i5-1135G716GB RAM @ 2666...
  7. xbox live network conectivity issue

xbox live network conectivity issue: this is a solution for a very big problem , the server conictivity is blocked and i tried all the solutions but with some luck i have found that if you turned of windows updates like the 7 days one the server conictivity will be open looks like there is a problem with the...
  8. xbox live cant sign me in without vpn

xbox live cant sign me in without vpn: HI i use xbox consle companion app on windows 10 but when i open it it says : we cant sign you in to xbox live but when i use a vpn it works .... idont want to use vpn to sign in to xbox can you find me a solution�. but when i enter xbox website i can sign in very...
  9. L2TP VPN connection fails on new Windows 10 install due to Xbox Live Networking Service

L2TP VPN connection fails on new Windows 10 install due to Xbox Live Networking Service: I just wanted to share my experience trying to diagnose my L2TP connection issues with a brand new computer with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro to hopefully save others the hours of trouble shooting this cost me. I have a newly built machine that I use for work, and to...
  10. Xbox live missing services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox live missing services: Hey, I’m missing 2 of the Xbox live services I’ve tried to do that .reg download thing but it just says that it’s not allowed because you don’t have that high permission when my account is administrator and I don’t wanna reset my computer so yea pls help it worked before...