Windows 10: LTSB/LTSC licensing question

Discus and support LTSB/LTSC licensing question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a scenario where I believe that an error of judgment has been made around licensing and want to confirm that what I think is going on isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KevinSale1, Mar 6, 2019.

1. LTSB/LTSC licensing question

Hi, I have a scenario where I believe that an error of judgment has been made around licensing and want to confirm that what I think is going on isn't right.

We currently have a Microsoft licensing program (not sure of the current one as I no longer have access) but we were on a VL product of some sort.

Whatever the program is it still allows us access to LTSB/LTSC as we are using it internally.

We are in the UK and have European partners that do contract work for us. We have a need for LTSB/LTSC (isolated, mission critical workstations with no internet access). I am aware of the ability to add other organisations to our agreement using the affiliate program and that it covers the EU/EFTA.

The reason I have been given for not being able to use LTSB/LTSC is that the equipment is leaving the UK (by the person managing our licensing within the organization).

My question is, are there any possible Volume Licensing program scenario's where you would have access to LTSB/LTSC and not be able to use the functionality of the affiliate program?

Thanks in Advance.

:)

KevinSale1, Mar 6, 2019

2. LTSB > LTSC

Hi there Boban, heres a short explanation from Microsoft:

Windows 10 LTSC/LTSB: Due to naming changes, product versions that display Windows 10 LTSB will be replaced with Windows 10 LTSC in subsequent feature updates. The term LTSC is used here to refer to all long term servicing versions.

It looks like itll automatically upgrade for you over the course of updates.

SonGoku'sSon, Mar 6, 2019
  3. LTSB > LTSC

Hello,

Can I upgrade my LTSB 2016 to LTSC with the same Key?

Boban_Ilić, Mar 6, 2019
  4. xguo Win User

LTSB/LTSC licensing question

Windows 10 LTSC Upgrade - Missing Photo App

Hello,

We recently started to deploy Windows 10 LTSC as it addressed the indexing issues that resided in 2016 LTSB. I discovered today that the Windows 10 LTSC 2019 build (version 1809) is missing the default photo app. It is opening all JPEGs in paint. This issue
    didn't exist in the previous build as the app was still there. A quick search around the forum showed up with no results.

Xiao

xguo, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

LTSB/LTSC licensing question

1. LTSB/LTSC licensing question - Similar Threads - LTSB LTSC licensing

2. Is LTSB KB Patches applied to LTSC? Are they the same?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is LTSB KB Patches applied to LTSC? Are they the same?: I have PC with Win10 LTSC v1809.I wonder if LTSB monthly KB applied to LTSC system? Are they the same?As I only found KB for LTSB from Microsoft Catalog.Thank you....
  3. Is LTSB KB Patches applied to LTSC? Are they the same?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is LTSB KB Patches applied to LTSC? Are they the same?: I have PC with Win10 LTSC v1809.I wonder if LTSB monthly KB applied to LTSC system? Are they the same?As I only found KB for LTSB from Microsoft Catalog.Thank you....
  4. Is LTSB KB Patches applied to LTSC? Are they the same?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 LTSC 2021 License Downgrade to 2019 LTSC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 LTSC 2021 License Downgrade to 2019 LTSC: Does the Windows 10 LTSC 2021 has the license downgrade right to Windows 10 LTSC 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-ltsc-2021-license-downgrade-to-2019/cf80f2b7-fcab-41c5-97ef-76326e5cd19f
  6. Windows 10 LTSC 2021 License Downgrade to 2019 LTSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 LTSC 2021 License Downgrade to 2019 LTSC: Does the Windows 10 LTSC 2021 has the license downgrade right to Windows 10 LTSC 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-ltsc-2021-license-downgrade-to-2019/cf80f2b7-fcab-41c5-97ef-76326e5cd19f
  7. Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2: Hello all,I have an offline system running LTSB 1607 2016 and it needs to upgrade to LTSC 21H2This is the same channel and I have a licensed .ISO of 21H2 LTSC I mount the dvd and execute the setup.exe as admin. It appears to accept the image for an update and grinds through...
  8. Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2: Hello all,I have an offline system running LTSB 1607 2016 and it needs to upgrade to LTSC 21H2This is the same channel and I have a licensed .ISO of 21H2 LTSC I mount the dvd and execute the setup.exe as admin. It appears to accept the image for an update and grinds through...
  9. Upgrading from LTSB 1607 to LTSC 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Upgrading LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 any issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 any issues?: I have a laptop currently running LTSB 1607 which I would like to upgrade to LTSC 1809. I wanted to ask if anyone here has done this before and is the process fairly straightforward and painless, or are there oddities, things breaking, settings reset, etc which often happens?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check if support licensing for LTSB or LTSC

2. vlk windows 10 ltsb ltsc windows licencing

3. ltsc licensing agreement