Windows 10: LTSC changed motherboard and now it is not activating with any key at all. Glitch?

Discus and support LTSC changed motherboard and now it is not activating with any key at all. Glitch? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I know LTSC is not something common among people but I hope someone can help with it. I have a small business and needed something that would not come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by chicano93, Jan 13, 2019.

1. chicano93 Win User

LTSC changed motherboard and now it is not activating with any key at all. Glitch?

I know LTSC is not something common among people but I hope someone can help with it. I have a small business and needed something that would not come with all the bloat ware that normally comes with all other windows 10 versions. I tried to purchase the version through Microsoft but they would not let me for some reason or another. I had to purchase the key elsewhere and bought them at bulk. One of my machines had to get a new motherboard due to a fix by the manufacture. I now cant activate windows even with one of the newer keys. Can someone please help me? I don;t know if it is because i was using the same hard drive and just tried to run it without a fresh install to save on time or if it is another issue. Thank you.

:)

chicano93, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 Pro's license completely glitched out after changing motherboard and CPU

We appreciate your reply. For us to know more about the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you manage to deactivate Windows 10 Pro first before replacing your motherboard?
    • Do you still have the written copy of your product key?
    • Are you using the same hard disk where your Windows 10 Pro product key has been activated? If not, where is this hard disk?
    • Did you replace your hard disk along with your motherboard and CPU?
    • What is the edition of Windows activated on your computer? To know, press Windows + S. Type About, and click it.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you deactivate and uninstall your Windows 10 Pro license from your old motherboard and reinstall it back on your machine using the steps below:

Step 1: Check your your Windows 10 Pro product key using Windows Powershell or Command prompt. Follow the steps below and note down your product key:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (admin).
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and press Enter:
    • The product key will be revealed, copy the product key.

Step 2: Deactivate and uninstall the Windows 10 Pro Product Key from the old motherboard since it has your license. Follow the steps below:

• To know the Activation ID of your Windows installation. Open a command prompt using the Windows search box and type in
      slmgr.vbs /dlv and press Enter. This will display the detailed license information for the installed operating system.
    • A window will open up and will give you details about your Windows licensing and activation status. Look for
      Activation ID and note it down.
    • On the same command prompt window, type in slmgr /upk <your Activation ID> and press
      Enter. This uninstalls the product key of the current Windows edition. After a restart, the system will be in an Unlicensed state unless a new product key is installed.

Step 3: Activate your Windows 10 Pro to your machine after uninstalling it due to a hardware change, follow the steps below:

• Open a command prompt using the Windows search box and type in
      slmgr /ipk <Windows Product Key> and press Enter.
    • If the key is valid and applicable, the key is installed. If a key is already installed, it is silently replaced. If the key is invalid, an error is returned.
    • Open your Control Panel you will see Windows is activated message.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

LTSC changed motherboard and now it is not activating with any key at all. Glitch?

Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. LTSC changed motherboard and now it is not activating with any key at all. Glitch? - Similar Threads - LTSC changed motherboard

2. Motherboard change → The activation Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard change → The activation Issue: My Sony Vaio Motherboard has changed. It had the OEM license, How can I activate window 10 now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-change-the-activation-issue/a841eae6-5b69-48b2-a7bc-9506db4445fb
  3. Motherboard change → The activation Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Motherboard change → The activation Issue: My Sony Vaio Motherboard has changed. It had the OEM license, How can I activate window 10 now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-change-the-activation-issue/a841eae6-5b69-48b2-a7bc-9506db4445fb
  4. Changing Motherboard - Windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Motherboard - Windows Key: So I have an old Lenovo H430 that came with windows 8 and I upgraded to windows 10. Over time, I upgraded everything on the computer, lastly with a new motherboard/ram/case. Now there is basically nothing left of the Lenovo. Is there any way to move the windows key over...
  5. Activation After changing motherboard

Activation After changing motherboard: Hi So I just changed motherboards and my license isn't activating. I have tried using my microsoft account to sign in and activate the license with no luck. Please let me know if there is a way I can reset the license as its rather annoying that I got the license and...
  6. Changed motherboard, can't activate Windows now

Changed motherboard, can't activate Windows now: I just bought a brand new copy of Windows 10 Home from the Windows Microsoft Store last week. Today I had to swap my motherboard and now my copy of Windows is no longer activated, despite being logged into my Microsoft account. I went to the activation screen>troubleshoot>"I...
  7. Changed motherboard, now i cant activate

Changed motherboard, now i cant activate: Hello and thanks for any help I changed my motherboard the day before yesterday and I didn't know I should have taken measures beforehand. The problem is that I don't remember my account. I tried my regular mail but the code was wrong. But then my wife's mail popped up as a...
  8. Activation after motherboard change.

Activation after motherboard change.: I have three computers running Windows 10 in the house. I have just replaced the motherboard in my desktop and now it says it needs activation. I have not replaced the hard disks so it is exactly the same version of windows 10 that has run fine since doing a free upgrade from...
  9. Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed motherboard and now windows isnt activated: Hi, I just recently changed my motherboard and cpu out for an upgrade and now windows is not activated, and I don't have my old motherboard anymore. I also tried transferring the key but it is not working...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...