Windows 10: Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update

Discus and support Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; lumia 525 rotation lock greyed after windows 10 update how to unlock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pandiyanm, Nov 9, 2018.

1. pandiyanm Win User

Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update

lumia 525 rotation lock greyed after windows 10 update how to unlock

:)

pandiyanm, Nov 9, 2018
  2. SETAK Win User

Rotation lock is greyed out

I have a Yoga 14 which was running fine until recently

I cant find Intel virtual button (for suggested fix)

There is no YMC listed in the services (for suggested fix)

I have put sensor monitor on AUTO

Auto rotate is greyed out on toolbar and in settings.

Windows 10 is latest update as is Lenovos updates

This is a very frustrating problem that shouldn't really be a problem anymore. Windows 10 has been around long enough.

SETAK, Nov 9, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    windows 8.1 update for nokia lumia 525

The 525 is listed.

garym123, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update - Similar Threads - Lumia 525 rotation

2. Rotation Lock Option Greyed after Sleep Mode - HP Pavilion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation Lock Option Greyed after Sleep Mode - HP Pavilion: Hi all, trying to work out an issue I'm having with my HP Pavilion. The other night, it went into sleep mode whilst rotated so that the keyboard is behind in the screen. Ever since I have woken it up from sleep mode a few days ago, the rotation lock option has been greyed out...
  3. Lock rotation is greyed out on windows 10

Lock rotation is greyed out on windows 10: I couldn't unlock the rotation feature switching from pc to tablet because the lock/unlock command is greyed out. How can I solve this problem?...
  4. Acer Spin S Auto Rotate after Win Update

Acer Spin S Auto Rotate after Win Update: I've seen a lot of questions about Auto Rotate not working after the August Windows 10 Update. I've tried a lot of the written solutions but nothing works. I have an Acer Spin S. The Rotation lock button is grayed out and set to on. I tried the registry AutoRotation &...
  5. Rotation Lock greyed out

Rotation Lock greyed out: if you have this issue first put your screen in tent mode or tablet mode and see if you then can adjust that setting before doing a lot of research like I did....
  6. Rotation Lock Greyed Out In Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation Lock Greyed Out In Settings: I have seen this question more times than I think users of technology should have to ask, but once again I am asking, how can I fix this rotation lock grey out issue so that I may be able to do rotations no matter what mode I am using my Dell Inspirion 13 5000 series in?...
  7. Lumia updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lumia updates: Is there a place where I can see a list of 'Windows mobile' updates and their contents relevant to the Lumia 550 phone? Thankyou. 79549
  8. Resolution greyed at 1366x768 after win update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution greyed at 1366x768 after win update: Hi, After updating my Dell Optilex 3010 from win 7 to win 10, I cannot change the resolution. The only option I get is 1336x768. My monitor only supports 1280x1024. The image is stretched: [img] Before the update I had many resolution options including 1280x1024....
  9. Auto rotate greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto rotate greyed out: Updated my wife’s tablet today (16 Jan 2018) latest version After update the auto rotate disappears and NONE of the registry fixes to be found on-line restore it. Have had to uninstall latest update. Not good as I like tO keep her up to date. Any fixes that work or...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Firmware Updates for Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Firmware Updates for Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Feedback and firmware. Two things we know you’re passionate about. It is with these two things in mind that we bring you good news that will make your participation in the Insider Program even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not open some system app lumia 525

2. update windows 10 lumia 525