Windows 10: Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update

Discus and support Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; lumia 525 rotation lock greyed after windows 10 update how to unlock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pandiyanm, Nov 9, 2018.

1. pandiyanm Win User

Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update

lumia 525 rotation lock greyed after windows 10 update how to unlock

:)

pandiyanm, Nov 9, 2018
  2. SETAK Win User

Rotation lock is greyed out

I have a Yoga 14 which was running fine until recently

I cant find Intel virtual button (for suggested fix)

There is no YMC listed in the services (for suggested fix)

I have put sensor monitor on AUTO

Auto rotate is greyed out on toolbar and in settings.

Windows 10 is latest update as is Lenovos updates

This is a very frustrating problem that shouldn't really be a problem anymore. Windows 10 has been around long enough.

SETAK, Nov 9, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    windows 8.1 update for nokia lumia 525

The 525 is listed.

garym123, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Lumia 525 rotation greyed after windows update - Similar Threads - Lumia 525 rotation

2. Rotation Lock is greyed out after last Windows updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock is greyed out after last Windows updates.: I have a Lenovo Flex 5-14ARE05 Laptop IdeaPad, and it used to automatically rotate up until the last Windows updates. This has happened before, but I ended up solving it. But this time, I have tried everything and nothing works. I have tried Safe Mode. Restarting it numerous...
  3. Rotation Lock is greyed out after last Windows updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation Lock is greyed out after last Windows updates.: I have a Lenovo Flex 5-14ARE05 Laptop IdeaPad, and it used to automatically rotate up until the last Windows updates. This has happened before, but I ended up solving it. But this time, I have tried everything and nothing works. I have tried Safe Mode. Restarting it numerous...
  4. Rotation lock is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation lock is greyed out: I enabled rotation lock last night for the first time and now it is greyed out and I have to manually change rotation. I have a HP Envy, windows 11. Manually changing the rotation or tent mode won't change it. I have tried a recommendation from another tread:Press Windows+R...
  5. Rotation Lock greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation Lock greyed out: I haven't been able to rotate my screen whenever I flip it or put it in tent mode, nor does it go into tablet mode when I flip the screen, I have a 2 in 1 Asus Vivobook, I have tried everything to get the rotation lock to workI have tried putting it in portrait mode and it...
  6. rotation lock greyed out

rotation lock greyed out: After update, my display changed to portrait. I have changed it to landscape but the rotation lock is greyed out, so that it will not automatically change to portrait if I rotate the screen....
  7. Rotation Lock Greyed Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotation Lock Greyed Out: I'm on an ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA and the rotation lock button is greyed out in the right side panel and in the settings, which also means that the keyboard isn't working I'm using the on-screen keyboard. I've tried a fair bit but anything that can be suggested would be...
  8. rotation lock greyed out

rotation lock greyed out: I have an acer spin 1 with windows 10 and my rotation lock screen is greyed out and my screen will not rotate automatically anymore. how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-greyed-out/23ffc815-5629-46b4-91ce-55996c428b4c
  9. Rotation lock greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation lock greyed out: [ATTACH] how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-greyed-out/e057c298-2b31-4062-9d2e-a606525f224a
  10. Auto rotate greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto rotate greyed out: Updated my wife’s tablet today (16 Jan 2018) latest version After update the auto rotate disappears and NONE of the registry fixes to be found on-line restore it. Have had to uninstall latest update. Not good as I like tO keep her up to date. Any fixes that work or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn on auto rotate on lumia using cmd

2. can not open some system app lumia 525

3. update windows 10 lumia 525