Windows 10: Lumia Phones and Windows 10

Discus and support Lumia Phones and Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Windows 10 ushers in a new generation of more personal computing across the broadest range of devices, from big screens to small screens, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Lumia Phones and Windows 10

Source: The Lumia you love gets even better with Windows 10 - Lumia Conversations

Brink, Jan 21, 2015
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Interesting that the bit in red says "not every phone will upgrade". I wonder what their criteria is, as that differs from what they previously said?

On a side note, I hope Microsoft will allow users to change all tile colours in Windows 10 if they wish. Some of us are OCD and don't like multi-coloured unicorn vomit Start Screens. Adding say Skype or MixRadio to the Start Screen screws with my uniform red icons, so I just keep them in the all apps list instead.

No joke: *Biggrin

Lumia Phones and Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

ARC1020, Jan 21, 2015
  3. phones Win User
    activesync via bluetooth for imate PDAL

Hello,

I discovered your post in search of a solution to the EXACT same problem, you have described. I too, have a Sprint Mogul running Windows Mobile 6 and ActiveSync 4.5. I was able to use Blutooth ActiveSync successful with my Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505 notebook,
    which had a built-in Toshiba Bluetooth module and used the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. However there were conflicts with a particular bluetooth barcode scanner I wanted to use and the Toshiba bluetooth stack. The manufacturer stated that I would have to uninstall
    the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack and install the Win XP embedded Bluetooth Stack or another more compatible stack. So, I purchased a Zoom bluetooth dongle and installed the IVT
    BlueSoleil version 3.2.2.8 stack manager that came with the dongle. I was able to get two other devices to work in bluetooth mode, but could no longer use ActiveSnyc to syncronize my Sprint PPC-6800
    Mogul Pocket PC with bluetooth.

I liked the BlueSoleil software and after much trial and error have determined that the PDA finds BlueSoeil (serial port), which only shaows the available sevices as "Personal Area Networking" and "Object Push", which is like ActiveSync. There is no serial
    port service listed as available. It appears that the PDA finds Bluesoleil, but is not translated to an ActiveSync serial port, even if both ports match.

I uninstalled IVT BlueSoleil 3228 and have now installed their
    newest version BlueSoleil 5.05. As before all other bluetooth devices work fine, but not ActiveSync. I have tried and re-tried the many scenarios that were listed in other posts, but remain unsuccessful.

Please reply with any progress you may have accomplished in making an AvtiveSync bluetooth connection.

Thank You,

Tony

phones, Jan 21, 2015
  4. LCRT Win User

releasing date of windows 10 for lumia phones and apps issue

bro, your post makes no sense.

5. azasadny Win User
    I had to ditch my Lumia 920 when I switched to Verizon a few months ago and now I have the HTC One M8 Windows phone. I really hope we get the same connectivity and integration as the Lumia Windows phones....

azasadny, Jan 21, 2015
  6. pigpenz Win User
    I have enjoyed my lumia windows phone
    actually it helped for the transition to windows 8

pigpenz, Jan 22, 2015
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    I apologise for answering my own post, however it appears that it's OEMs and carriers that could be the problem, rather than a technical reason why not all Windows 8 handsets may be upgradeble to Windows 10.

Source: Every Windows Phone 8 phone will get Windows 10, except the ones that won

ARC1020, Jan 23, 2015
  8. rmonroe36 Win User

I recently bought a Lumia 635 and am so pleased, especially with the integration. With my Windows 8.1 Phone, I can operate my home computer via the Teamviewer app. My OneNote files are synced, have access to OneDrive, and can access MyCloud. I like my new girl friend, Cortana, also.

One can upgrade from a dumb phone to a Windows smartphone with little cost with some "smart" shopping.
    Example: Walmart had a special and I bought the phone for $39.99. I am an AT&T GoPhone customer. My dumb phone cost me $10/month average. It still costs me the same with my Lumia (no contract/data plan).
    There are plenty of WiFi hot spots in my area if I need to connect when away from home.

rmonroe36, Jan 23, 2015
  9. Well I've been quite surprised by how well I've been able to upgrade my Lumia, it's only the first entry level phone they made the 520. It now runs Denim and I have Cortana working, mind you I'm due to upgrade in the next couple of months.

My carrier is Vodafone and the phone didn't cost me anything, got it free for taking out a contract which only cost a couple of pounds more a month than I was paying for PAYG. I've been very pleased with it and will definitely get another Lumia. *Biggrin

Joan Archer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lumia Phones and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lumia Phones

2. I have a Lumia 435. When the battery hits 0% the phone stops receiving charge, I tried 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Lumia 435. When the battery hits 0% the phone stops receiving charge, I tried 2...: I have a Lumia 435. When the battery hits 0% the phone stops receiving charge, I tried 2 batteries which the same issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-lumia-435-when-the-battery-hits-0-the/034bb7ce-b1f6-419e-852f-b43a7a10fb57
  3. I have a Lumia 435. When the battery hits 0% the phone stops receiving charge, I tried 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Lumia 435. When the battery hits 0% the phone stops receiving charge, I tried 2...: I have a Lumia 435. When the battery hits 0% the phone stops receiving charge, I tried 2 batteries which the same issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-lumia-435-when-the-battery-hits-0-the/034bb7ce-b1f6-419e-852f-b43a7a10fb57
  4. Yes , I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone and would like to unlock it .

Yes , I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone and would like to unlock it .: Therefore I am attempting to locate the 4 digit unlock code , AT&T and Nokia no longer provide support for this device and referred me to you Windows 8.1 , My second Nokia device as my First one was broken in a bicycle accident.......and I prefer the Windows software......I...
  5. Yes , I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone and would like to unlock it .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yes , I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone and would like to unlock it .: Therefore I am attempting to locate the 4 digit unlock code , AT&T and Nokia no longer provide support for this device and referred me to you Windows 8.1 , My second Nokia device as my First one was broken in a bicycle accident.......and I prefer the Windows software......I...
  6. Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone to use windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone to use windows 10: My Microsoft phone store not working and Microsoft not account not sign in what I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-lumia-640xl-phone-to-use-windows-10/08d74ab2-8c3a-4cd7-bb75-6d7205e18290
  7. Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone to use windows 10

Microsoft Lumia 640XL phone to use windows 10: My Microsoft phone store not working and Microsoft not account not sign in what I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-lumia-640xl-phone-to-use-windows-10/08d74ab2-8c3a-4cd7-bb75-6d7205e18290
  8. Windows Nokia lumia mobile phone microsoft store not opening, want to access the web..

Windows Nokia lumia mobile phone microsoft store not opening, want to access the web..: I have the Windows Nokia lumia mobile phone and i know it has been discontinued at version 8.1 or something. but I want to use the internet on it, how can i do that? Do i use my windows computer and then get an app to move it to the phone's storage?...
  9. Windows Nokia lumia mobile phone microsoft store not opening, want to access the web..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Nokia lumia mobile phone microsoft store not opening, want to access the web..: I have the Windows Nokia lumia mobile phone and i know it has been discontinued at version 8.1 or something. but I want to use the internet on it, how can i do that? Do i use my windows computer and then get an app to move it to the phone's storage?...
  10. Can’t reset Lumia phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t reset Lumia phone: When attempting to reset my Lumia 950, l get"Oops! Looks like we ran into a problem trying to turn off Reset Protection. Make sure you have a network connection and try again later."So, I did a hard reset using the button sequence found...