Windows 10: Lumia phones with W10 20H1 update might support cellular again

Discus and support Lumia phones with W10 20H1 update might support cellular again in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is planning to end support for Windows 10 Mobile in December and the majority of apps will stop working in 2020. The dream of Windows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 30, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Lumia phones with W10 20H1 update might support cellular again

Microsoft is planning to end support for Windows 10 Mobile in December and the majority of apps will stop working in 2020. The dream of Windows on phone has so far lived on thanks to the community-maintained Windows 10 ARM for Lumia 950 and 950 XL.

Windows 10 ARM for Lumia has reached a point where nearly everything is working, including WiFi, sensors, and Bluetooth. Windows 10 ARM also supports cellular data and calling, but the functionality is limited to older versions of Windows 10.

In June, Microsoft shipped new preview builds of Windows 10 20H1 without the cellular networking stack, which means calling and cellular data wouldn’t work on devices with Windows 10 20H1.

However, the lead French developer Gustave has managed to enable modem support on Lumia 950 XL hacked to run the full version of Windows 10, bypassing the restrictions imposed by Microsoft. This could mean that we will finally get a Windows phone running Windows 10 20H1 update with cellular connectivity support.

Lumia phones with W10 20H1 update might support cellular again Lumia-with-Windows-10-ARM.jpg

“Got the modem fully initialized on a 950 XL running 20H1. There’s one downside to this: the OS can’t seem to communicate with RILs anymore so it is not aware a modem is connected, if you use RMNET as shown here and use the cellular connection on a connected PC, it does work,” the dev noted.

The phone is also able to get a list of available networks.

The post Lumia phones with W10 20H1 update might support cellular again appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 30, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Guide to download Windows 10 Mobile on supported phones

Guide to download Windows 10 Mobile on supported phones

Cluster Head, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Lumia phones with W10 20H1 update might support cellular again - Similar Threads - Lumia phones W10

2. Emergency Lumia Pin Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emergency Lumia Pin Support: i had upgraded my lumia 435 to windows 10, with a pin connected to it. however, when it upgraded, thepin keyboard disappeared, and im assuming all others did aswell. i cannot hard reset, as i have valuable info. what do i do?...
  3. Emergency Lumia Pin Support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Emergency Lumia Pin Support: i had upgraded my lumia 435 to windows 10, with a pin connected to it. however, when it upgraded, thepin keyboard disappeared, and im assuming all others did aswell. i cannot hard reset, as i have valuable info. what do i do?...
  4. Can’t reset Lumia phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t reset Lumia phone: When attempting to reset my Lumia 950, l get"Oops! Looks like we ran into a problem trying to turn off Reset Protection. Make sure you have a network connection and try again later."So, I did a hard reset using the button sequence found...
  5. W10 update from 1803 to 20H1 fails

W10 update from 1803 to 20H1 fails: I have tried all the measures described in the various topics and cannot get the upgrade to work The last attempt was via ISO downloaded from MS. Final option option is to wipe and reinstall but I'd like a solution if possible I have the required logs Full install failed...
  6. update problem in windows phone in lumia 540

update problem in windows phone in lumia 540: currently trying to update my lumia 540 to window 10 from 8.1.... in the update option does not providing update,some error pops saying please what to do ,,, give me solution.. i know you are signing off from windows phone,,,,...
  7. Photos on Lumia phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos on Lumia phone: I used to be able to select a photo on my Windows 10 phone, click on share, and then share by e-mail or messaging. Now when I click on share it takes me to the list of sharing sources but whichever I select nothing happens....
  8. Probem with Windows Lumia Phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Probem with Windows Lumia Phone: My almost problem free Lumia 435 Phone has a problem now when making a phone call. The moment I try to connect, the screen goes blank (black) and remains blank --- this makes it difficult to tell if a connection has been established. Not having had problems with the phone in...
  9. lumia phone support

in Windows 10 Customization
    lumia phone support: Guys, I need your support my contacts at my Lumia mobile dont appear after I erase Hotmail (I reset it back although ). The problem started when I couldn't send or receive sms....
  10. Lumia 'phone.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lumia 'phone.: I can't find a link to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/lumia-phone/71a464f7-e991-4f2d-9104-6c98dceae007

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 20h1 on Lumia 950