Windows 10: Lync Addon Notice

Discus and support Lync Addon Notice in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Has anyone seen this? I didn't install it so it must have been installed by Windows. This is a bare bones installation without any apps installed by... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wynona, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Lync Addon Notice

Has anyone seen this? I didn't install it so it must have been installed by Windows. This is a bare bones installation without any apps installed by me.

Lync Addon Notice [​IMG]

:)

Wynona, Mar 24, 2015
  2. vsteele Win User

Win8 Phone + Lync 2013 + Bluetooth static

I have noticed static on my Bluetooth device when using Lync 2013 for a call. I experience no issues with the Bluetooth when NOT on a lync call, so I believe the issue is with Lync. I've also noticed, if I switch from Bluetooth to Speakerphone and back
    to Bluetooth, the audio is fine again.

In each case, the audio is fine to start, then degrades after about 15 minutes.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

vsteele, Mar 24, 2015
  3. Lync 2010

Same problem here.

We were using and installing the LYNC client for WP7.5 for quite awhile now.

Just got 50 new NOKIA LUMIA 900s in and noticed, that LYNC is not available for installation on the Marketplace anymore (when you are logged in with your Live ID).

When you are not logged in LYNC appears in the search, though.

I got an update for LYNC yesterday on my LUMIA 900 which installed fine.

On another 900, i had to uninstall LYNC and now I can't get it on there anymore since it's not available.

Please let us know when this is fixed - This is business critical.

Thank you.

mp.richter, Mar 24, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Lync Addon Notice

5. Wynona Win User
    Thanks, Dude. I don't know why I didn't think of that right off. I've disabled addons before. *Smile

Wynona, Mar 24, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    No worries, I do that all the time. I do not have that addon. I'm wondering why you got it.

7. Cliff S New Member
    It comes with Office, I got it when I installed OneNote 2013(the desktop version, not the modern app)

Edit: It's supposed to be fazed out soon for Skype I believe.

Cliff S, Mar 24, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

Lync Addon Notice

Not exactly, Lync is being renamed to Skype for Business.

Mystere, Mar 24, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    Hmmmmmmm, I just installed Office 365 this morning (after a clean install of the "official" Preview). And, coincidentally, my first glimpse of this was this morning!

Did this ever pop up in Windows 7 or 8.1 when installing OneNote 2013?

Yes, an announcement was made approximately a month ago that Skype will replace Lync. Right now, the apps are in transition and are causing all kinds of havoc among business users. For consumers not so much. *Smile

And . . . wait for it . . . there's a Skype addon in the folder along with Lync. I didn't bother it yet, because I may decide to use Skype at some point, if for no reason other than to test it.

Thanks, Cliff! I am now off to complain! *Smile

Wynona, Mar 24, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    My 8.1 machine Attachment 15395

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lync Addon Notice

1. Lync Addon Notice - Similar Threads - Lync Addon Notice

2. What is going on with VSIX Addons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is going on with VSIX Addons?: Lots and lots of ground to cover before the thread title is covered. Not sure where to start anymore. This post has been building up for months, since I first installed VS 2022 Community Edition. I previously thought I posted to an MSDN subset for VS2022 but that turned out...
  3. Addons in excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Addons in excel: I am unable to add on an app to microsoft excel. So when I complete the spreadsheet I can just add it to Rubex. Rubex said my excel product needs to be reinstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/addons-in-excel/fb03303e-41ba-4f16-b1d7-dfae547914b8
  4. Mincraft addons

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mincraft addons: How do I get minecraft addons on my PC windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mincraft-addons/fc60a8ca-38b5-40b6-9362-570254e4d251
  5. Lync Audio Device at restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lync Audio Device at restart: Hi, Often, after restarting my Windows 10, it changed my default audio device by this one : Lync Audio Device. Yes, I can change to the good one but it's awful to have this every day and to start the pc and having no sound because it's not the right one by default. Do...
  6. Addon's in Forza 6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Addon's in Forza 6: Now that Forza have come to an end is there any way to download DLC car packs in Forza 6 with xbox one I joined xbox game pass ultimate but that didn't work any help would be appreciated...
  7. remove addons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remove addons: How to remove addons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-addons/bb215369-6261-4ef3-bf82-c2ea8cb9b3ec
  8. edge addons ?.

in Browsers and Email
    edge addons ?.: Hi. Is edge allowing install addons ?. if yes how ?. Thanks. 14210
  9. Firefox Addon

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Addon: I have a machine with Firefox that has an addon that you can no longer get from the addon library. Is there anyway to transfer just the addon to a freshly installed firefox on a 64 bit Win 10? 40311
  10. Lync Room System feature updates

in Windows 10 News
    Lync Room System feature updates: We are excited to announce feature updates to the Lync Room System (LRS) as a part of our continued effort to offer valuable Lync video experiences in the conference room. These feature updates are delivered through our LRS partners—Crestron, Polycom and SMART....