Windows 10: M.2 disappeared from windows but drive is fine.

Discus and support M.2 disappeared from windows but drive is fine. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I moved my preexisting system onto the new motherboard and had continuous BSOD issues. Using Event Viewer I determined that it was my m.2 SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christian_123_073, Jun 22, 2021.

1. M.2 disappeared from windows but drive is fine.

Hello, I moved my preexisting system onto the new motherboard and had continuous BSOD issues. Using Event Viewer I determined that it was my m.2 SSD causing the crashing issues "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0". Since then, my SSD has disappeared from my windows in disk management and device manager. I thought that my SSD had died and that this was the issue but I have tried another m.2 SSD and the same problem persists. I have confirmed that my original SSD is fine by testing it on another pc. Despite this, when I rebuilt my pc back onto my old motherboard the same issue happened. This

:)

Christian_123_073, Jun 22, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User

Adapter for M.2 Drive

The adapter "steve108" listed is of the correct type.

You need one that supports a SATA M.2 drive, and the B+M slots. M.2 - Wikipedia

bobkn, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Lagged Win User
    M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Hood Win User

M.2 disappeared from windows but drive is fine.

Disappearing SSD Syndrome

I have the original Asus Z97 Deluxe board, and I'm also running a Plextor M6e in the M.2 slot. I also had problems with that drive, which was having weird latency issues when it had the original firmware, 1.03 I think. Then I updated the firmware to 1.04 and it had booting problems, which is when I took Windows off and started using the M.2 drive to install games only, booting Windows from a Samsung 850 Pro. Finally Plextor released firmware 1.05, which I suppose fixed the booting problem, but I never trusted it enough after that to use it as my boot drive. Besides, the 850 Pro had better random 4k performance and felt snappier. The M6e 256 is still my game drive, and loads them all very quickly. It's also still on firmware 1.05, although Plextor has released 1.06 and 1.07 since then (I don't trust their firmware updates - leaving it alone while it works fine). So I don't know if the new ones have problems, 1.05 works great though, hasn't disappeared again...yet!

Thema:

M.2 disappeared from windows but drive is fine.

1. M.2 disappeared from windows but drive is fine. - Similar Threads - disappeared drive fine

2. Struggling to Install Windows to an M.2 Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Struggling to Install Windows to an M.2 Drive: MOBO: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFICPU: 5600XRAM: 16GB 3600MHZ DDR4GPU: PALIT 980BIOS VERSION: E7C95AMS.2D0M.2 DRIVE: Crucial P3 Plus 2TBOTHER DRIVES: NoneI am currently trying to install windows on my MIL's new m.2 drive in her desktop PC.When in UEFI mode the bios does not...
  3. M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS: sometimes it doesn't and I tried to install a new operating system after the installation m laptop goes to bios as if the is not drive in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-drive-problems/5b214040-b5ac-4c1e-bb6c-df57104c971e
  4. M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS: sometimes it doesn't and I tried to install a new operating system after the installation m laptop goes to bios as if the is not drive in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-drive-problems/5b214040-b5ac-4c1e-bb6c-df57104c971e
  5. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  6. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  7. Can't boot from M.2 drive in Computer A, boots fine from same drive in Computer B Error:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot from M.2 drive in Computer A, boots fine from same drive in Computer B Error:...: I just finished building myself a brand new gaming computer, and have been really happy with it. My brother wanted one, so we ordered the parts for essentially the same machine only difference is 9600k vs 10600k for his, and mobo gen update for proper socket, got the second...
  8. Adapter for M.2 Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adapter for M.2 Drive: I need an adapter to check the condition of a Kingston 128gb SSD NGFF M.2. I need to be able to plug it into a card that can then connect via USB to another PC. I've got a few adapters but not one for this drive. Any idea which adapter I need? This is the drive Kingston...
  9. Windows from SSD to M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows from SSD to M.2: I got a m.2 Corsair MP510 480GB fore Christmas and i want to transfer the windows os from the ssd to the m.2... Some tips on yt tutorials or programs?? submitted by /u/Fiffty_five [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewqm64/windows_from_ssd_to_m2/
  10. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...