Windows 10: M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios

Discus and support M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 drive and when I install it into my system the bios does not find it. Windows 10 PRO finds it and I am able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alkaufmann, Jul 9, 2019.

1. M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios

I bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 drive and when I install it into my system the bios does not find it. Windows 10 PRO finds it and I am able to format and use it. I think it is a motherboard bios issue because my old Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 drive is found by the bios and I am able to boot from it. I don't expect Asus to provide a bios update for my old Maximus Hero VI.

Time to go shopping for a new motherboard? *Biggrin*Biggrin

Ak

:)

alkaufmann, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Lagged Win User

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Jul 9, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Bryan Win User

M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios

M.2 SSD doesn't show up in BIOS, Windows Installer and Disk Management

This depends on where in the bios you are looking. I have a Gigabyte X470 board and in the drive list I only see my CDROM, but in my boot order I can select either of my two M.2 drives. Keep in mind that some M.2 will show up as they are SATA drives but most are NVMe drives. If you are still unable to select your M.2 drive as a boot option then you need to look into updating the BIOS of the board as some M.2 drives are not recognized in the early firmware for the X470 boards.

It is also worth noting that on most of the X470 boards the second M.2 slot is shared with the adjacent PCIe slot and if something is in the PCIe slot the M.2 port is inactive. As well some BIOS wont see an M.2 drive in the second slot if noting is in the first slot. Some BIOS updates have fixed this problem.

Bryan, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios

1. M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios - Similar Threads - Drive Found Bios

2. M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS: sometimes it doesn't and I tried to install a new operating system after the installation m laptop goes to bios as if the is not drive in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-drive-problems/5b214040-b5ac-4c1e-bb6c-df57104c971e
  3. M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS: sometimes it doesn't and I tried to install a new operating system after the installation m laptop goes to bios as if the is not drive in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-drive-problems/5b214040-b5ac-4c1e-bb6c-df57104c971e
  4. BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS

BIOS can't detect m.2 on ASUS: Hello,I recently bought a laptop for college, and I cant install Windows because there is no recognized disk to install, but when I go to ASUS BIOS, it appears in storage that I have a NVMe SSD with 476.9GB but no option to boot or install the OS in it.My laptop is a Asus...
  5. Bios not detecting m.2 drive on 8th gen cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios not detecting m.2 drive on 8th gen cpu: Short storyAcer aspire 315-54 8th gen m.2 drive not showing in bios.Long StoryWhile I was using my laptop the other day, it just froze and shut down. I then tried rebooting it and it came up with a No Bootable device notice.I then decided to create a bootable drive in hopes...
  6. Bios not detecting m.2 drive on 8th gen cpu

Bios not detecting m.2 drive on 8th gen cpu: Short storyAcer aspire 315-54 8th gen m.2 drive not showing in bios.Long StoryWhile I was using my laptop the other day, it just froze and shut down. I then tried rebooting it and it came up with a No Bootable device notice.I then decided to create a bootable drive in hopes...
  7. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  8. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  9. Adapter for M.2 Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adapter for M.2 Drive: I need an adapter to check the condition of a Kingston 128gb SSD NGFF M.2. I need to be able to plug it into a card that can then connect via USB to another PC. I've got a few adapters but not one for this drive. Any idea which adapter I need? This is the drive Kingston...
  10. M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios: I bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 drive and when I install it into my system the bios does not find it. Windows 10 PRO finds it and I am able to format and use it. I think it is a motherboard bios issue because my old Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 drive is found by the bios...