Windows 10: M.2 Drives ae no longer being recognized after most recent update

Discus and support M.2 Drives ae no longer being recognized after most recent update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I updated and shutdown my PC last night and now today my 2 NVME drives do not appear in windows. my boot Sata ssd is still fine. Both of the Drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jfalc50, May 8, 2021.

1. Jfalc50 Win User

M.2 Drives ae no longer being recognized after most recent update

I updated and shutdown my PC last night and now today my 2 NVME drives do not appear in windows. my boot Sata ssd is still fine. Both of the Drives still appear in my Bios in the M.2 section, so I do not think they both died at the same time. they do not appear in the disk manager, hardware manager, or anything that I can try to use to look at my drives in windows, so I am unable to try and update their drivers. I have tried re seating, running the memory diagnostic, uninstalling the windows update, Updated my Bios, Nothing seem to work. Did a windows update just cost me 3

:)

Jfalc50, May 8, 2021
  2. Megahertz Win User

M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

Is the M.2 disk recognized on BIOS?
    If it isn't, it's probably a hardware problem and you should as for a new in warranty.

If it's recognized on BIOS it's probably a corrupted software.
    Boot from a Win 10 installation disk, launch a cmd window (Shift+F10) and type:
    diskpart
    list volume (take note of the letter assigned to your windows in the M.2 drive)
    exit
    sfc /scannow /offwindir=X:\windows /offbootdir=X:\ (replace X with the drive letter found with list volume)

My recommendation is to create a utilities disk Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Megahertz, May 8, 2021
  3. EdInk Win User
    GPU 2 no longer recognized n BIOS

Upgraded my OS drive to the 950 Pro from an 840 Evo ( to reduce cable clutter) and installed an extra PWM fan hub. Now GPU 2 isn't recognized. What I done so far.

• Flash BIOS to latest version, reverted to previous and back to latest.
    • Swapped graphic card ( that rules out faulty gpu )
    • Swapped PCIe Connector ( less chance of faulty PSU)
    • Booted with 1 RAM stick
    • Booted with M.2 slot disabled
    What else can i try? Specs Maximus 7 Ranger i7-4790K R9 290X CF

EdInk, May 8, 2021
  4. bro67 Win User

M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

Yep. It would disable the m.2 since some motherboards have the SATA bus tied to the m.2 port.

bro67, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. M.2 Drives ae no longer being recognized after most recent update - Similar Threads - Drives longer being

2. Help on M.2 SSD No Longer Being Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help on M.2 SSD No Longer Being Recognised: PC Spec -Windows 11AMD Ryzen 5 26002x Corsair Vengeance 8GBMSI B450M MortarSamsung 980 SSD - OS/Files etcSandisk SSD - Spare don't know model numberNo idea what has happened. I've been going round in circles all evening trying to fix the issue. I usually put my PC on sleep...
  3. Help on M.2 SSD No Longer Being Recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help on M.2 SSD No Longer Being Recognised: PC Spec -Windows 11AMD Ryzen 5 26002x Corsair Vengeance 8GBMSI B450M MortarSamsung 980 SSD - OS/Files etcSandisk SSD - Spare don't know model numberNo idea what has happened. I've been going round in circles all evening trying to fix the issue. I usually put my PC on sleep...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  6. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Installed M.2 drive is not recognized

Installed M.2 drive is not recognized: I installed a new WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III -WDS100T2B0B onto a GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170. Windows doesn't recognize the drive but it does appear in my BIOS. so far what troubleshooting I've done through the MB data...
  8. M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

M.2 SSD no longer being recognized: Six months or so ago I purchased an M.2 SSD and transferred windows from my old SSD to the new one. I've had no issues up until today but when I tried to boot my computer, windows randomly didn't recognize my SSD. It said reboot and select proper boot device. I've tried...
  9. M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    M.2 SSD no longer being recognized: Six months or so ago I purchased an M.2 SSD and transferred windows from my old SSD to the new one. I've had no issues up until today but when I tried to boot my computer, windows randomly didn't recognize my SSD. It said reboot and select proper boot device. I've tried...
  10. External Drive No Longer Being Recognized

External Drive No Longer Being Recognized: I have been using an external drive with my computer for a while now, but lately my computer has been having difficulty recognizing that it is plugged in. I know for a fact that power is being given to the external drive because it lights up and I can feel it running....