Windows 10: M.2 Drives running slow

Discus and support M.2 Drives running slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 2 m.2 drives both should be around 400mb/s but ever since i added the second one. I get my disk usage capped at 1% usage. Any help would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stevenpurcell2, May 1, 2021.

1. M.2 Drives running slow

I have 2 m.2 drives both should be around 400mb/s but ever since i added the second one. I get my disk usage capped at 1% usage. Any help would be awesome i couldnt find the answers

:)

stevenpurcell2, May 1, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User

Adapter for M.2 Drive

The adapter "steve108" listed is of the correct type.

You need one that supports a SATA M.2 drive, and the B+M slots. M.2 - Wikipedia

bobkn, May 1, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

Until the BIOS sees your M.2, there's nothing you can do. It does not matter if the M.2 is unformatted/unallocated, the BIOS should see it.
    1. Suggest that you take the M.2 out, clean all the contacts and re-seat it and hope this is the case.
    2. If step one fails. Connect your 250GB SSD back in using one of the SATA port to see if the BIOS recognize it. If it doen't, then it might be something wrong with the MB, if it does then boot up the Windows Installation USB, run diskpart, shrink it at least 40GB then create a partition, Leave it unallocated then install Windows there.

Also try to re-seat all other components such as Memory, Video card etc...

topgundcp, May 1, 2021
  4. Lagged Win User

M.2 Drives running slow

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, May 1, 2021
Thema:

M.2 Drives running slow

1. M.2 Drives running slow - Similar Threads - Drives running slow

2. M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 DRIVE PROBLEMS: sometimes it doesn't and I tried to install a new operating system after the installation m laptop goes to bios as if the is not drive in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/m2-drive-problems/5b214040-b5ac-4c1e-bb6c-df57104c971e
  3. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  4. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  5. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  7. How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone SATA m.2 drive to NVMe m.2 drive?: My Del l 7370 came with a SATA M.2 dirve and I want to upgrade it with a larger NVMe M.2 drive. Using Acronis True Image to clone the drive with all partitions stay as is without any resizing. The resulted drive can not be booted. The system tried to do automatic repair but...
  8. Slow startup with NVMe M.2!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup with NVMe M.2!: Hi Windows 10 I have slow on startup Even though I use Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe Startup takes 35 seconds to desktop! All of these solutions have been made to no avail: Enable / disable fast startup in power options Enable / disable fastboot in the BIOS Disable all...
  9. Slow(ish) boot up from M.2 drive...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow(ish) boot up from M.2 drive...: Hello, I recently fitted an Adata SX8200Pro M.2 drive in my Dell Optiplex. The main C drive is a Liteon SSD. I’ve used Casper to create a bootable clone of the C to the M.2 (the E drive) and by changing the boot up order in the BIOS the Optiplex boots from the M.2 drive....
  10. Slow(ish) boot up from M.2 drive...

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow(ish) boot up from M.2 drive...: Hello, I recently fitted an Adata SX8200Pro M.2 drive in my Dell Optiplex. The main C drive is a Liteon SSD. I’ve used Casper to create a bootable clone of the C to the M.2 (the E drive) and by changing the boot up order in the BIOS the Optiplex boots from the M.2 drive....