Windows 10: M.2 keep disconnecting when PC go sleep

Discus and support M.2 keep disconnecting when PC go sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; CPU - AMD 2990XW Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus 7 Windows 10 Pro I have two m.2 disks. One for windows (Samsung 1tb) , and one for Data (Toshiba)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jajebiegw, May 31, 2020.

1. M.2 keep disconnecting when PC go sleep

CPU - AMD 2990XW

Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus 7

Windows 10 Pro

I have two m.2 disks. One for windows (Samsung 1tb) , and one for Data (Toshiba)

Toshiba keeps disconnecting after pc goes to sleep mode. I need to restart the PC each time to reconnecting this drive.

I tried to connect to different m.2 socket on my motherboard as well as to m.2 PCI adapter. No luck.

My power setting is set for Highest Performance

`Turn of the hard disk after...` is set on 0.

Any ideas what is going on? Thank you

submitted by /u/jajebiegw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jajebiegw, May 31, 2020

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, May 31, 2020
  3. PC goes to sleep after a few minutes

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below to change your system's sleep settings.

1. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Change your desired sleep timing in this Tab.

2. Now, click on Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings.

3. Expand Sleep and give the appropriate time.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Power. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 31, 2020
  4. Lagged Win User

M.2 keep disconnecting when PC go sleep

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, May 31, 2020
Thema:

M.2 keep disconnecting when PC go sleep

1. M.2 keep disconnecting when PC go sleep - Similar Threads - keep disconnecting sleep

2. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  3. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  4. PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?: My computer turns the screens black after about 5 - 10 minutes of being idle with no mouse movement and after about 30 minutes it will go into sleep mode even though i have my computer set to never do that in settings. any help would be great thank you.Processor - AMD Ryzen 7...
  5. PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?

PC keeps going black and into sleep mode?: My computer turns the screens black after about 5 - 10 minutes of being idle with no mouse movement and after about 30 minutes it will go into sleep mode even though i have my computer set to never do that in settings. any help would be great thank you.Processor - AMD Ryzen 7...
  6. PC not going to sleep

PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  7. Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.: I've already read a lot of responses but my problem is I dont have a power manager tab to control the driver. I attached a picture of what I see. If someone could tell me which icon to click on or if I am just doing something wrong that would be great! I am using a Surface...
  8. Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Authentication is required when this pc wakes from sleep - MY COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP...: Windows 10 HOME My Computer keeps going to sleep mode after 1 MIN. I have to re-enter my password etc. I DON'T mind placing password in to login. I JUST DONT WANT IT GOING TO SLEEP AFTER 1 MIN. I understand computers pretty well. I've done TONS of research online to...
  9. Internet keeps disconnecting on sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting on sleep: Hi No matter what I do and define, the internet connection still breaks when the computer gets into sleep mode. I changed in the power plan settings and even the group policy (see attached). The latter made the power settings to be disabled on "enabled" meaning it...
  10. PC keeps going on to a sleep cycle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps going on to a sleep cycle: I have never ever decided to go to a forum to ask a problem by myself about pc’s troubleshooting. However that changes now. The problem that I have with my pc is that it keeps going to sleep within seconds after I turn it on. I got no time t even type my password to log...