Windows 10: M.2 not detected.

Discus and support M.2 not detected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi!I recently bought an Gigabyte Ryzen M.2, it dosen't show up in diskmanagment, but shows up in every other place, and tells that it is there. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jeppe Nielsen, Aug 12, 2021.

1. M.2 not detected.

Hi!I recently bought an Gigabyte Ryzen M.2, it dosen't show up in diskmanagment, but shows up in every other place, and tells that it is there. How can I make diskmanagment detect it too?

:)

Jeppe Nielsen, Aug 12, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

Until the BIOS sees your M.2, there's nothing you can do. It does not matter if the M.2 is unformatted/unallocated, the BIOS should see it.
    1. Suggest that you take the M.2 out, clean all the contacts and re-seat it and hope this is the case.
    2. If step one fails. Connect your 250GB SSD back in using one of the SATA port to see if the BIOS recognize it. If it doen't, then it might be something wrong with the MB, if it does then boot up the Windows Installation USB, run diskpart, shrink it at least 40GB then create a partition, Leave it unallocated then install Windows there.

Also try to re-seat all other components such as Memory, Video card etc...

topgundcp, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Lagged Win User
    M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Aug 12, 2021
  4. M.2 not detected.

M.2 OS not always detected in bios

I built a pc weeks ago using:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700

MB Asus Hero VI

GTX 1080 ti

32 Ram ddr4 3000hz

M.2 Samsung Evo Nvme 500GB for OS

I installed Windows 10 home 64bit on the M.2, and everything went perfectly, but yesterday I was about to watch a video on YouTube but windows crashed and I got a blue screen saying Critical Process Died or something near that, it restarted and took me to
    the bios.

So now I only can access to bios, and the M.2 is not always detected. Either way windows won't start. I kept restarting, removing the M.2 and put it in again, I updated the bios using the EZ-update so basically is the latest version (1701)

Could you kindly advise what to do next?

KiqueCenteno, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

M.2 not detected.

1. M.2 not detected. - Similar Threads - detected

2. Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?: I have been trying for a few hours to troubleshoot and research how to fix this issue, but I have had no positive results. I have other usb inputs for my keyboard and mouse, which those work fine but when I try to plug in my phone usb cable it does not get detected....
  3. Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?: I have been trying for a few hours to troubleshoot and research how to fix this issue, but I have had no positive results. I have other usb inputs for my keyboard and mouse, which those work fine but when I try to plug in my phone usb cable it does not get detected....
  4. Why wont my laptop detect my phone usb cable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my usb mp3 player isnt detected by windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb mp3 player isnt detected by windows: i have windows 11. i connected my mp3 player with every USB port I have, but it goes undetected by windows. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-mp3-player-isnt-detected-by-windows/64abca06-61c1-474c-b076-4041c859aeb1
  6. my usb mp3 player isnt detected by windows

my usb mp3 player isnt detected by windows: i have windows 11. i connected my mp3 player with every USB port I have, but it goes undetected by windows. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-mp3-player-isnt-detected-by-windows/64abca06-61c1-474c-b076-4041c859aeb1
  7. Programs can't detect audio; opening sound settings resolves it somehow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs can't detect audio; opening sound settings resolves it somehow: Hey Microsoft Community,Lately, I've been dealing with one of the 6 to the power of 10 problems I encounter with Windows and its goddamn sound output and input on a daily basis.EVERY SINGLE SOFTWARE ON MY COMPUTER REFUSES TO RECOGNIZE ANY SOUND INPUT! But when I open the...
  8. Programs can't detect audio; opening sound settings resolves it somehow

Programs can't detect audio; opening sound settings resolves it somehow: Hey Microsoft Community,Lately, I've been dealing with one of the 6 to the power of 10 problems I encounter with Windows and its goddamn sound output and input on a daily basis.EVERY SINGLE SOFTWARE ON MY COMPUTER REFUSES TO RECOGNIZE ANY SOUND INPUT! But when I open the...
  9. PC won't detect my second monitor that was working fine just at 2AM this morning. Any help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't detect my second monitor that was working fine just at 2AM this morning. Any help?: I have tried connecting different ports, different cables, reinstalling drivers for both display and graphics card, force detecting, rolling back display drivers update, and nothing. My monitor isn't the problem; I have been able to use it to connect other computers. I've...
  10. PC won't detect my second monitor that was working fine just at 2AM this morning. Any help?

PC won't detect my second monitor that was working fine just at 2AM this morning. Any help?: I have tried connecting different ports, different cables, reinstalling drivers for both display and graphics card, force detecting, rolling back display drivers update, and nothing. My monitor isn't the problem; I have been able to use it to connect other computers. I've...