Windows 10: M.2 shows on Device manager but not on disk management

Discus and support M.2 shows on Device manager but not on disk management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So I finally built my computer and it works well and every part was detected in the BIOS when it posted. However when I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Patathor, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Patathor Win User

M.2 shows on Device manager but not on disk management

Hello everyone,

So I finally built my computer and it works well and every part was detected in the BIOS when it posted.

However when I installed windows 10 (Version 20H2) Education on it, the second drive M.2 (the first one is where I installed Win 10) doesn't show in peripherals.

I watched in the disk management and could not find it either but it appears in Device manager.

Can anyone help me solve this problem??

Thank you

:)

Patathor, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Patathor Win User

Hello everyone,

So I finally built my computer and it works well and every part was detected in the BIOS when it posted.

However when I installed windows 10 (Version 20H2) Education on it, the second drive M.2 (the first one is where I installed Win 10) doesn't show in peripherals.

I watched in the disk management and could not find it either but it appears in Device manager.

Can anyone help me solve this problem??

Thank you

Patathor, Nov 22, 2020
  3. seejp Win User
    external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Jefrison Win User

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. M.2 shows on Device manager but not on disk management - Similar Threads - shows Device manager

2. M.2 shows on Device manager but not on disk management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 shows on Device manager but not on disk management: Hello everyone, So I finally built my computer and it works well and every part was detected in the BIOS when it posted. However when I installed windows 10 (Version 20H2) Education on it, the second drive M.2 (the first one is where I installed Win 10) doesn't show in...
  3. Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management: The floppy disk controller shows in Device Manager, but not the drive. The BIOS sees the drive and the drive was chosen in the BIOS and the controller was turned on in the BIOS. I tried to install the floppy drive manually in Add Hardware, but there isn't a listing for it....
  4. External HD's showing in device manager, and disk manager, can't access files

External HD's showing in device manager, and disk manager, can't access files: Apparently this has been a problem for a long time; why there's no fix is confounding and very disappointing. No, I can't allocate a letter drive to the disks. Right clicking on them in disk management reveals no clickable menu items except delete volume or help. This...
  5. Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager

Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager: Hi all, and thanks in advance for your help! I installed a new additional hard drive into my computer. I used the right sata drive and plugged in the power. The BIOS shows it under disk drives. Device manager shows it listed, but not named. When I go to the disk manager to...
  6. Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management: I have a few months old Seagate 2tb HDD that just today began to not show up in my drives in file explorer. After screwing with SATA and power cables (to no prevail). It was previously assigned a letter and didn't show any sign of failure, any help?...
  7. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  8. M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,: Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD. Can anybody help me resolve this, please?...
  9. Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...

Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...: I recently bought a pc with a 1tb hard drive and 120gb ssd. I'm able to see my hard drive in storage spaces and device manager but I cannot able to access it in the bios or the devices and drives or in disk management. How can I fix this issue and get the hard drive to...
  10. Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk

Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk: Hello everyone, A friend of mine bought a 3TB Seagate SATA drive off eBay about a week ago. He has been having trouble with it since. He said at first the disk showed up in disk management but after a while stopped showing up all together. It wont show up in the BIOS,...