Windows 10: M.2 slot .

Discus and support M.2 slot . in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1-Is there any m.2 sata or nvme slot available in HP Pavilion AU620tx laptop? 2-Is the DVD slot is slower than the HDD slot ? I want to add an HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MD Danish Khan, Jun 5, 2020.

1. M.2 slot .

1-Is there any m.2 sata or nvme slot available in HP Pavilion AU620tx laptop?

2-Is the DVD slot is slower than the HDD slot ? I want to add an HDD there so I don't know

about is there any speed difference between HDD slot and DVD slot.

:)

MD Danish Khan, Jun 5, 2020
  2. DoItJust Win User

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Jun 5, 2020
  3. garuda Win User
    M.2 PCIe drives may be in wrong slots

Version: 10.0.18363 build 18363
    This is a very small issue, but because the boot disk is usually named “Disk 0” under the Disk Manager, I must pay extra attention to disk names when doing full-disk O/S backups. And since the contents of the cloned Backup disk are supposedly identical to that of the boot disk – how to tell which version is be used at start-up.

When Sager built this notebook, they may have installed the O/S M.2 PCIe disk in the wrong slot. Then after receiving notebook, I installed a second (and identical) M.2 drive in the other M.2 PCIe slot. When I checked the Disk Mgr screen, the factory installed M.2 showed up labeled as “Disk 1” while the one I later installed was labeled “Disk 0” – which led me to believe that M.2 slots may be hard-wired to specific addresses known to the POST, registry, et al protocols -- so that the physical slot location determines the assignment of the disk number: 0,1,2,3………

Since both M.2 drives are now populated, is there any risk of messing up the protocols (POST, Registry, BIOS, etc) by switching the M.2 drive slot positions? I fear that somehow upon factory initiation/activation, M.2 slot number “Disk-1” was designated to the system as the boot drive. So that maybe at start-up the system will boot from the clone Backup copy instead of the original boot disk, if I switch the drives slots.

Caveat: I know just enough about the technical aspects of system to be dangerous. Anybody with knowledge of this disk assignments? Although I am comfortable leaving them as is, but more comfortable if the boot drive was Disk-0.
    See attachments for details.

M.2 slot . [​IMG]

garuda, Jun 5, 2020
  4. M.2 slot .

M.2 PCIe drives may be in wrong slots

There is no issue there. Your disk are just being presented in order they are detected. I would leave it alone.

My lone M.2 is detected as Disk 3.

M.2 slot . [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

M.2 slot .

1. M.2 slot . - Similar Threads - slot

2. my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...: so my task manager said 1 of 2 ram slots used, when i hover it saidslot 1: emptyslot 2: 4,0GB, 1600mhzbut it show 8gb of ram just finemy bro's laptop have both slot used and it said 2 of 4 slot usedis this the same case just my task manager only managed to detect 2 slot and...
  3. my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...: so my task manager said 1 of 2 ram slots used, when i hover it saidslot 1: emptyslot 2: 4,0GB, 1600mhzbut it show 8gb of ram just finemy bro's laptop have both slot used and it said 2 of 4 slot usedis this the same case just my task manager only managed to detect 2 slot and...
  4. my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PCIe5 Slot Black Screen-Reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCIe5 Slot Black Screen-Reboot loop: First of all, all components were bought brand new.During the Nvidia driver installation, my screen goes black and Windows reboots. In the event log I see the entry 1001 BugCheck. Error code 0x00000116 and 0x00000124, as well as WHEA-Logger 16The system works without a...
  6. PCIe5 Slot Black Screen-Reboot loop

PCIe5 Slot Black Screen-Reboot loop: First of all, all components were bought brand new.During the Nvidia driver installation, my screen goes black and Windows reboots. In the event log I see the entry 1001 BugCheck. Error code 0x00000116 and 0x00000124, as well as WHEA-Logger 16The system works without a...
  7. Is there a slot for a usb card on a HP Stream 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a slot for a usb card on a HP Stream 11: I have a HP stream 11 laptop. I want to save work externally. I notice that there is a micro slot in the side is that for a micro card. I want to order something but do not know what to ask for online !...
  8. Is there a slot for a usb card on a HP Stream 11

Is there a slot for a usb card on a HP Stream 11: I have a HP stream 11 laptop. I want to save work externally. I notice that there is a micro slot in the side is that for a micro card. I want to order something but do not know what to ask for online !...
  9. Please BLOCK all payments to Slots ERA, they are a total rip off,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please BLOCK all payments to Slots ERA, they are a total rip off,: Please BLOCK all payments to Slots ERA, they are a total rip off, I have spend $1,500AUD in 2 days for little to no return and over $30,000AUD over time.If you don't block ERA for me I will take to the Australian Gambling Commission for Microsoft games to be blocked in...
  10. Please BLOCK all payments to Slots ERA, they are a total rip off,

Please BLOCK all payments to Slots ERA, they are a total rip off,: Please BLOCK all payments to Slots ERA, they are a total rip off, I have spend $1,500AUD in 2 days for little to no return and over $30,000AUD over time.If you don't block ERA for me I will take to the Australian Gambling Commission for Microsoft games to be blocked in...