Windows 10: M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Discus and support M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management, in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jefrison, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Jefrison Win User

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

:)

Jefrison, Jan 17, 2019

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management, :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jan 17, 2019
  4. M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

SSD not being shown in disk management

Western Digital got back to me and this solved my problem:

Thank you for your continued response.

Please perform the steps mentioned below to run Diskpart. Please note that following steps will erase all the data on the SSD including partitions and boot sector.

1. Open Command Prompt, Click on Start - Run - Type cmd and hit Enter.

2. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.

3. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.

4. Type sel disk #number, and then press ENTER. Number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.

5. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.

6. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.

7. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close

FLY LIK A MUG, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

1. M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management, - Similar Threads - SSD Drive Listed

2. m.2 not showing up in disk manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    m.2 not showing up in disk manager: Hello. I had quite recently gotten a second m.2 nvme ssd for christmas. I have put it in the computer correctly and it even shows up in device manager and BIOS, but when I open disk manager to configure it, it never shows up. There is always only my primary m.2 booting ssd....
  3. m.2 not showing up in disk manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    m.2 not showing up in disk manager: Hello. I had quite recently gotten a second m.2 nvme ssd for christmas. I have put it in the computer correctly and it even shows up in device manager and BIOS, but when I open disk manager to configure it, it never shows up. There is always only my primary m.2 booting ssd....
  4. M.2 NVMI SSD not found in Disk List cmd but in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 NVMI SSD not found in Disk List cmd but in Device Manager: Okey, so I bought a new laptop yesterday and decided to order a M.2 2TB SSD at the same time so that I would be able to have a little more space.Installed the SSD today but cannot find it anywhere except for in Device manager or when creating a pool. i've tried finding it in...
  5. M.2 NVMI SSD not found in Disk List cmd but in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 NVMI SSD not found in Disk List cmd but in Device Manager: Okey, so I bought a new laptop yesterday and decided to order a M.2 2TB SSD at the same time so that I would be able to have a little more space.Installed the SSD today but cannot find it anywhere except for in Device manager or when creating a pool. i've tried finding it in...
  6. 1 SSD showing 2 "disks"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 SSD showing 2 "disks": I only have 1, 250 GB SSD on my laptop. After installing then uninstalling Linux, I now have DISK 0 and DISK 1, DISK 0 is around 13.5 GB's. How do I remove DISK 0 and reclaim the space to DISK 1.. Here is an image from "Disk Manager".. I have also created a virtual HDD in...
  7. M.2 SSD Not Showing Up In Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    M.2 SSD Not Showing Up In Disk Management: So my Inland Premium 512GB M.2 SSD will show up in the BIOS menu but not in disk management and I have taken it out and put it back in to see if it was an installation problem but no luck. Help!...
  8. M.2 shows on Device manager but not on disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 shows on Device manager but not on disk management: Hello everyone, So I finally built my computer and it works well and every part was detected in the BIOS when it posted. However when I installed windows 10 (Version 20H2) Education on it, the second drive M.2 (the first one is where I installed Win 10) doesn't show in...
  9. Disk Management: Why does my second hard drive, SSD display as Disk 2 instead of Disk 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management: Why does my second hard drive, SSD display as Disk 2 instead of Disk 1?: My 3 hard drives first appeared as the following, Disk 0 = 6TB WD Disk 1 = 2TB Samsung SSD Disk 2 = 512GB Samsung M.2 I am on a mission for, Disk 0 = 512GB Samsung M.2 C: Windows/Programs Disk 1 = 2TB Samsung SSD D: Games Disk 2 = 6TB WD E:...
  10. Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining Disk 1 and 2 on windows disk management?: Hello guys i wanted to see if there was a way i could combine my two ssd drives into 1 disk.. it originally came with only 1tb of hhd and 1tb of ssd... i had an issue with the system32 and sent it to geeksquad for repairs, when i got it back i had 4 disks, 500gb ssd x2, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disk management ssd

2. ssd listed as disk 1

3. m.2 listed as disk drive

4. my m.2 ssd is listed as disk drive,
  5. ssd listed on remove devices,
  6. witching disk 0 and 1 in windows 10,
  7. windows 10 disk management has my M.2 C drive as disk 3