Windows 10: M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

Discus and support M.2 SSD no longer being recognized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Six months or so ago I purchased an M.2 SSD and transferred windows from my old SSD to the new one. I've had no issues up until today but when I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TeamMM3, Sep 24, 2019.

1. TeamMM3 Win User

M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

Six months or so ago I purchased an M.2 SSD and transferred windows from my old SSD to the new one. I've had no issues up until today but when I tried to boot my computer, windows randomly didn't recognize my SSD. It said reboot and select proper boot device. I've tried taking it out and putting it back in again, I've swapped from UEFI to Legacy as I've read is a possible solution online but neither worked. I can't access windows so my options are pretty limited right now.

:)

TeamMM3, Sep 24, 2019
  2. mcjclc Win User

M.2 SSD card

How do I get my Gemini laptop to recognize the M.2 SSD card

mcjclc, Sep 24, 2019
  3. How to check M.2 SSD Health ?

Hi friends,

I have a problem while checking my SSD Health. The application like SSD-Life can't recognize my M.2 SSD. My Notebook is HP Spectre 13.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

M.2 SSD no longer being recognized e868cfa5-70cc-40a6-b769-c76b6e56f322.png

VincentAlim, Sep 24, 2019
  4. EdInk Win User

GPU 2 no longer recognized n BIOS

Upgraded my OS drive to the 950 Pro from an 840 Evo ( to reduce cable clutter) and installed an extra PWM fan hub. Now GPU 2 isn't recognized. What I done so far.

• Flash BIOS to latest version, reverted to previous and back to latest.
    • Swapped graphic card ( that rules out faulty gpu )
    • Swapped PCIe Connector ( less chance of faulty PSU)
    • Booted with 1 RAM stick
    • Booted with M.2 slot disabled
    What else can i try? Specs Maximus 7 Ranger i7-4790K R9 290X CF

EdInk, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. M.2 SSD no longer being recognized - Similar Threads - SSD longer being

2. M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD no longer being recognized: Six months or so ago I purchased an M.2 SSD and transferred windows from my old SSD to the new one. I've had no issues up until today but when I tried to boot my computer, windows randomly didn't recognize my SSD. It said reboot and select proper boot device. I've tried...
  3. M.2 SSD Recommendation?

M.2 SSD Recommendation?: Have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop. It originally had a 1tb 2.5 inch 7200 rpm hard drive and 32gb m.2 ssd that came a long with it. I went to repair shop years ago and had them remove the 1tb 2.5 inch hard drive and put in an old 250gb 2.5 inch samsung ssd in it. I want to...
  4. M.2 SSD Partitioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M.2 SSD Partitioning: My OS is installed on an 128GB SATA SSD, All other applications, when ever possible I used to install on another 60 SATA SSD. I am very happy with the performance. It is pretty fast, better than if it were on the same disk. I have tested the difference. Now I have a new...
  5. SSD Drive not being recognized

SSD Drive not being recognized: Hello. I recently reinstalled Windows after my laptop completely stopped working correctly (got the Automatic Repair loop and accidentally messed up Windows). Anyways, I got my laptop fixed and reinstalled Windows, but the only drive being recognized is my HDD (as the C:...
  6. M.2 SSD's

M.2 SSD's: Does anyone here run their OS on an M.2 SSD? And if so, do you notice any difference in speed than a regular SSD? 114991
  7. M.2 ssd's

M.2 ssd's: Hi all just to ask I have a asus z170ar I have a intell 520 ssd and just wanted to upgrade to a m.2 and was looking at a samsung nvme m.2 960 evo 500gig or a pro, my mob say it is a m.2 pcie m type. would it fit? 105095
  8. m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    m.2 ssd: Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive? 68728
  9. M.2 or sata ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 or sata ssd: Hi all i need to ask i have a z170ar motherboard . ok here it is i have 6 sata port 5 are used sata 1 is the c drive sata 2 empty 3 4 5 6 are other drives they say the m.2 uses sata so if i install the m.2 i well lose sata 1 and 2 ports because its shared. so my question...
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...