Windows 10: M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section

Discus and support M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had this problem for a while now and I have never seemed to figure it out. My C drive shows up in file explorer and I have saved multiple games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MahNamJaff, Jun 10, 2020.

1. M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section

I have had this problem for a while now and I have never seemed to figure it out. My C drive shows up in file explorer and I have saved multiple games and big files and such. And I checked my SSD with Crystal disk info and it said it was in good condition. But whenever I go to my manufacturers care center I have the option to check my battery, RAM, and network with a "Check Now" button but whenever I look at my SSD it has no "Check Now" button and says the model name which I thought seemed odd since none of the others did. I then went into the BIOS and under the Boot section all it says is:
    Secure Boot [Enabled]

Boot priority order:
    1. Windows Boot Manager

That's all it says there is no SSD that shows up at all and whenever I exit the BIOS and restart it pulls up a blue screen and says: User profile not recognized." with a "OK" button I then press it and log in and half of all my data is gone with my wallpaper changed. I then restart again and all my data is restored. Whats wrong with my laptop?

Microsoft Version 2004

Please feel free to ask model of
    - CPU
    - GPU
    - Motherboard
    - SSD
    - BIOS
    - Manufacturer
    - Other

:)

MahNamJaff, Jun 10, 2020

2. Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

I purchased a crucial nvme m.2 ssd for my MSI GT73 Titan - It shows in the PCIE section of the BIOS but does not show in disk management - Also does not show up in Crucial's Storage Executive Application.

My BIOS is the latest version.

Any ideas?

RICKDR1973, Jun 10, 2020
  3. dual boot on m.2 ssd

thanks .

i will install windows 7 first then windows 10, so that newest boot maanager will add older version boot entry for win 7 .

now any bios tweaking like uefi settings in bios? i heard installation is triky in m.2 ssd.

MD ABIDALI, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section

PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios

Ok I just went into my Maximus X's BIOS and F12 screenshot these.

M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section [​IMG]

M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section

1. M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section - Similar Threads - SSD showing BIOS

2. m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios: Hey, I have the b550 aorus elite and Im attempting to install windows onto an m.2 ssd. when installing windows, it recognises the m.2 however after installing, it is not recognised in boot sequence. also, In boot sequence, the Windows boot manager is not showing up at all. I...
  3. m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios: Hey, I have the b550 aorus elite and Im attempting to install windows onto an m.2 ssd. when installing windows, it recognises the m.2 however after installing, it is not recognised in boot sequence. also, In boot sequence, the Windows boot manager is not showing up at all. I...
  4. m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2: I got an SSD M.2 and set Windows 10 there. The second disk is HDD. During startup, the PC throws it into the BIOS. I don't change anything there, I press "save and exit", and then Windows starts up. And if you turn off the computer and turn it on after 1 minute, everything...
  6. M.2 SSD Not Showing Up In Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    M.2 SSD Not Showing Up In Disk Management: So my Inland Premium 512GB M.2 SSD will show up in the BIOS menu but not in disk management and I have taken it out and put it back in to see if it was an installation problem but no luck. Help!...
  7. M.2 SSD isn’t showing as boot option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M.2 SSD isn’t showing as boot option: Here’s the problem. Last night I installed the WD BLUE SN550 NVMe SSD and installed windows on it and I launched the computer, reinstalled things and everything was great. However, I am looking to remove my other SSD which was my windows previously, as it is causing a lot of...
  8. PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios

PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios: I bought a Samsung 970 EVO nvme m.2 1TB SSD that i connected to a PCIe adapter and then plugged into he pcie slot. by follow a tutorial on you tube i got windows 10 installed on the SSD but the SSD does not show up in bios so i can boot from it. When i plug my old SSD in and...
  9. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  10. Boot up problem M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot up problem M.2 SSD: Hello. I recently had an issue with my Windows 10 on my Samsung SSD, it basically just stopped working, and nothing that I did helped, not any repairs from the "Repair your computer" option from an installation media. So to cut the story short, I reinstalled Windows 10...