Windows 10: M.2 SSD Partitioning

Discus and support M.2 SSD Partitioning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My OS is installed on an 128GB SATA SSD, All other applications, when ever possible I used to install on another 60 SATA SSD. I am very happy with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Jul 14, 2019.

1. M.2 SSD Partitioning

My OS is installed on an 128GB SATA SSD,

All other applications, when ever possible I used to install on another 60 SATA SSD.

I am very happy with the performance. It is pretty fast, better than if it were on the same disk. I have tested the difference.

Now I have a new ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard with Two M.2 slots.

I am going to buy a 512 GB M.2 SSD.

As I have under stood the SSD consists of 4 Nos of NAND Chis.

Therefore on each NAND chip, I presume will have capacity of 64 GBs.

My question is are they really independent ?

Can they behave as independent Hard disks?

If yes,

Can I partition my new M.2 SSD into an 198GB and 64GB partitions -that means 3 NAND chips and one NAND Chip?

and enjoy the same or better speed than before that I had with the SATA SSD?

Dr Abdul Rasheed

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Jul 14, 2019

2. dual boot on m.2 ssd

thanks .

i will install windows 7 first then windows 10, so that newest boot maanager will add older version boot entry for win 7 .

now any bios tweaking like uefi settings in bios? i heard installation is triky in m.2 ssd.

MD ABIDALI, Jul 14, 2019
  3. dual boot on m.2 ssd

Yes, The process would be the same on an M.2 SSD as it was on a traditional HDD. Wien installing Windows 7 or windows 10 you would select "Custom" installation and create two "partitions" one for each windows version and proceed with install of one version
    of windows on the first partition and the other on the second.

CharlesKeisler, Jul 14, 2019
  4. M.2 SSD Partitioning

dual boot on m.2 ssd

i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with

core i5 6th gen

8 gb ddr4 ram

1 TB hdd 5400rpm.

currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions.

i am going to install a

860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD
    on this laptop and want to use this ssd as windows partition.

i want to install dual os both windows 7 and windows 10 on this ssd.

want to know is it possible? experts gives opinion and also microsoft.

thanks in advance.

MD ABIDALI, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

M.2 SSD Partitioning

1. M.2 SSD Partitioning - Similar Threads - SSD Partitioning

2. how do i increase drive C on SSD with RAW primary partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i increase drive C on SSD with RAW primary partition?: hello. i recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 using SSD. my SSD was 240GB but the new drive that added to my disk is just 97GB. also my C driveSSD is almost full. after searching on internet for my problem i found that in disk managment, i have a 125GB RAW basic data...
  3. Windows Update 0x80070643 Error Fix -- Screwed up WinRE partition size due to SSD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update 0x80070643 Error Fix -- Screwed up WinRE partition size due to SSD...: After using the microsoft recommended method to manually resize/shrink the primary OS partition by 250 MB in order to increase WinRE partition size so that you can finally install the new windows update 0x80070643 ERROR. This method completely messed up the new WinRE...
  4. Windows Update 0x80070643 Error Fix -- Screwed up WinRE partition size due to SSD...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 0x80070643 Error Fix -- Screwed up WinRE partition size due to SSD...: After using the microsoft recommended method to manually resize/shrink the primary OS partition by 250 MB in order to increase WinRE partition size so that you can finally install the new windows update 0x80070643 ERROR. This method completely messed up the new WinRE...
  5. Windows Update 0x80070643 Error Fix -- Screwed up WinRE partition size due to SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to un-hide a SSD partition ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to un-hide a SSD partition ?: Like many others I'm having a problem installing update KB5034441 on Windows 10.Thought I'd take a look at the size of my recovery partition but didn't see any partition labeled as such in Disk Management. The lower section did show a 527MB partition without a label.I found a...
  7. How to un-hide a SSD partition ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to un-hide a SSD partition ?: Like many others I'm having a problem installing update KB5034441 on Windows 10.Thought I'd take a look at the size of my recovery partition but didn't see any partition labeled as such in Disk Management. The lower section did show a 527MB partition without a label.I found a...
  8. How to un-hide a SSD partition ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. SSD partition missing not even found in disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD partition missing not even found in disk management: Background: I bought this laptop a few years back, came with 1x 1TB SSD. I went ahead and split the SSD up into 2 parts, C drive for the windows essential items and D drive for everything else. Computer some times shows "location is not available" pop up at startup but a...
  10. SSD partition missing not even found in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD partition missing not even found in disk management: Background: I bought this laptop a few years back, came with 1x 1TB SSD. I went ahead and split the SSD up into 2 parts, C drive for the windows essential items and D drive for everything else. Computer some times shows "location is not available" pop up at startup but a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. m.2 partitioning