Windows 10: M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update

Discus and support M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My SSD became a lost partition after a windows update, M.2 SSD is lost after the update of May 10, 2022-KB5013624 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HarrysBanks, May 17, 2022.

1. M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update

My SSD became a lost partition after a windows update, M.2 SSD is lost after the update of May 10, 2022-KB5013624 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5April 12, 2022—KB5012599 OS Builds 19042.1645, 19043.1645, and 19044.1645. After that my M.2 SSD is lost and not even on DIsk Management shows. I thout was destroyed but when I try to other PC was working fine

:)

HarrysBanks, May 17, 2022

2. M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update

My SSD became a lost partition after a windows update, heading into the windows 2004 update it decided to show back up, I then decided to do a quality update on my pc just to find out that my ssd is now lost again. If anyone has a clue whats going on much
    would be appreciated.

GianniVelardi, May 17, 2022
  3. Jefrison Win User
    M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, May 17, 2022
  4. Lagged Win User

M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, May 17, 2022
Thema:

M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update

1. M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update - Similar Threads - SSD removed itself

2. Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd: dear microsoft,i am encountering bluesreen after installing a transcend 830s 256gb m.2 ssd on unit HP Probook 430 G4 and HP Probook 440 G4 after doing a systam update with windows 10.regards,...
  3. M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update: My SSD became a lost partition after a windows update, M.2 SSD is lost after the update of May 10, 2022-KB5013624 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5April 12, 2022—KB5012599 OS Builds 19042.1645, 19043.1645, and 19044.1645. After that my M.2 SSD is lost and not even on...
  4. M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update: My SSD became a lost partition after a windows update, M.2 SSD is lost after the update of May 10, 2022-KB5013624 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5April 12, 2022—KB5012599 OS Builds 19042.1645, 19043.1645, and 19044.1645. After that my M.2 SSD is lost and not even on...
  5. M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 SSD removed itself after windows quality update: My SSD became a lost partition after a windows update, heading into the windows 2004 update it decided to show back up, I then decided to do a quality update on my pc just to find out that my ssd is now lost again. If anyone has a clue whats going on much would be...
  6. ?M.2 or ssd

?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  7. M.2 SSD's

M.2 SSD's: Does anyone here run their OS on an M.2 SSD? And if so, do you notice any difference in speed than a regular SSD? 114991
  8. M.2 ssd's

M.2 ssd's: Hi all just to ask I have a asus z170ar I have a intell 520 ssd and just wanted to upgrade to a m.2 and was looking at a samsung nvme m.2 960 evo 500gig or a pro, my mob say it is a m.2 pcie m type. would it fit? 105095
  9. m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    m.2 ssd: Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive? 68728
  10. M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...