Windows 10: M.2 SSD's

Discus and support M.2 SSD's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does anyone here run their OS on an M.2 SSD? And if so, do you notice any difference in speed than a regular SSD? 114991 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

M.2 SSD's

Does anyone here run their OS on an M.2 SSD? And if so, do you notice any difference in speed than a regular SSD?

:)

vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018

2. How to check M.2 SSD Health ?

Hi friends,

I have a problem while checking my SSD Health. The application like SSD-Life can't recognize my M.2 SSD. My Notebook is HP Spectre 13.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

M.2 SSD's e868cfa5-70cc-40a6-b769-c76b6e56f322.png

VincentAlim, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Lagged Win User
    M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Jul 29, 2018
  4. ocir Win User

M.2 SSD's

m.2 ssd

Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive?

Thema:

M.2 SSD's

1. M.2 SSD's - Similar Threads - SSD's

2. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  3. Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing document files from SSD hooked to a USB attachment?: I've been using this SSD for some time now and I have over 300GB of important documents, videos, and photos I need access to but it will show me contents in any other folder. I've tried to every other way, even trying to boot from it even when it used to boot it wouldn't...
  4. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  5. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  6. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  7. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  8. How to run OS from SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  9. How to run OS from SSD?

How to run OS from SSD?: The issue I have is that my operating system is on my C hard drive, while the EFI that boots my computer is on my SSD. My goal is just to move everything to the SSD so it boots the operating system from there I just want to speed up my computer. But, I can't simply migrate...
  10. Windows ssd to Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ssd to Mac: Hi, I'm Justin and have a stressful problem.Recently my old laptop was broken which was operating in Windows and to save my data I took ssd m.2 nvme out of it. And what I want to do now is to transfer all my data to my new Mac so I'm thinking about buying an external case for...