Windows 10: M$ Hurrying 8.1 Abandonment project

Discus and support M$ Hurrying 8.1 Abandonment project in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Guess Micro$oft couldn't wait until announced Jan.10th date to abandon Windows 8.1Windows Restore/Repair tools all fell on their face; M$ server even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sookie2, Jan 6, 2023.

1. sookie2 Win User

M$ Hurrying 8.1 Abandonment project

Guess Micro$oft couldn't wait until announced Jan.10th date to abandon Windows 8.1Windows Restore/Repair tools all fell on their face; M$ server even Rejected ISO - AND my credentials on PC!?!! After wasting an afternoon with so-called Chat Support, he reverted to original non-support demand:"you need to do a fresh install of 8.1" along with a link to install instructions & ISO downloadSo ... WHY was I NOT surprised when said install instructions offered a link* to "USB/DVD Download Tool" which, when clicked, took me to "We're sorry, this download is no lon

:)

sookie2, Jan 6, 2023

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 6, 2023
  3. Project to this PC Password setting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are unable to cast your android device to Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Android version installed on the device?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to cast the device.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System and then click Projecting to this PC.
    3. Under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it’s OK select the drop down to
      Available everywhere.
    4. Now under Ask to project to this PC select First time only.
    5. Under Require PIN for pairing select Never.
    6. Now under This PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source toggle the switch to On/Off.
    Once you set these settings follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      Connect.
    2. Now open Settings on your Phone and click on
      Connected devices.
    3. Then select Cast and choose the PC
      name
    Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 6, 2023
  4. Zaki_j Win User

Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Saidy,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not able to project the PC screen to TV. It would be great if you can answer these questions to assist you in a better way.

1. What is the make and model of the PC and TV?
    2. What happens when you try to project to TV?
    3. Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?

Miracast is a wireless technology your PC can use to project your screen to TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use this to share what you’re doing on your
    PC, present a slide show, or even play your favorite game on a larger screen.

I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions from
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

Additional Information:

Project to a wireless display with Miracast.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Jan 6, 2023
Thema:

1. M$ Hurrying 8.1 Abandonment project - Similar Threads - Hurrying Abandonment project

2. M$ Hurrying 8.1 Abandonment project

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M$ Hurrying 8.1 Abandonment project: Guess Micro$oft couldn't wait until announced Jan.10th date to abandon Windows 8.1Windows Restore/Repair tools all fell on their face; M$ server even Rejected ISO - AND my credentials on PC!?!! After wasting an afternoon with so-called Chat Support, he reverted to original...
  3. Windows defender virus abandoned

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender virus abandoned: my computer got infected "Trojan:Win32/Trickbot!ml" and it says abandoned what do i do how i remove that virusi need some help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-abandoned/ae154b85-2100-4626-97b8-86af45aa96a2
  4. Abandoned company laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abandoned company laptop: The company I left last August and gave all my information to so they could get their laptop back has abandoned it. I have been able to login and use it ever since until today. They finally removed my credentials from their database. This laptop is not stolen. When I was let...
  5. Abandoned company laptop

Abandoned company laptop: The company I left last August and gave all my information to so they could get their laptop back has abandoned it. I have been able to login and use it ever since until today. They finally removed my credentials from their database. This laptop is not stolen. When I was let...
  6. Abandoned company laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  8. Error code: 1-8

Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  9. "One Plus 8 is trying to project"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "One Plus 8 is trying to project": I've just had a pop-up twice saying that "One Plus 8 is trying to project" with the option to allow or block. I don't, and have never, owned a One Plus phone. What is happening? submitted by /u/R_12345678910 [link] [comments]...
  10. setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1.: win 10 home-ves 1803-os build 17134.345 The following copied from cghacks.int martin brickmann: Here is what you need to do to enable Windows Defender Antivirus sandboxing right now: Open the Start menu. Type powershell.exe to display PowerShell as one of the results....