Windows 10: M<igrating User accounts form SSD to HDD

Discus and support M in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I upgraded from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Pro 64 bit about 8 months ago. Its installed on a SSD as per attached info. I want the procedure for migrating... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Graybeard43, Nov 3, 2018.

1. M

I upgraded from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Pro 64 bit about 8 months ago. Its installed on a SSD as per attached info. I want the procedure for migrating my libraries/downloads to a HDD. this would include altering the path to ensure that when using the setup the information is stored in the new location. I'm a low level intermediate computer user so will need detailed instruction. If further info needed please contact me. Thanks

:)

Graybeard43, Nov 3, 2018

2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 3, 2018
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    M.2 SSD's

I agree. I recently purchased a Dell I7 laptop. I had the choice of 2 options, a 1TB HDD or a 512 GB SSD. I chose the 512 GB SSD version because I already had a 1 TB HDD that I figured I would install as the secondary HDD. When I opened the computer, I was surprised that the 512 GB SSD intalled was in the SATA III drive port and there was an empty M.2 slot. UGGGGH! So I went ahead and put a Toshiba M.2 NVMe drive and left the SATA III SSD installed. I do not notice any large speed improvement from the SATA III SSD to the M.2 NVMe SSD.

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2018
  4. M
    Lost User Account

Hi Louis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with user accounts, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that there can be only one Microsoft user account on one device, and that might be the reason you are unable to change the email address for the user account.

I suggest you to create a new account (Local account) on your computer and transfer the content to newly created user account.

Step 1: Creating a new user account

• Type cmd in the Search bar form the desktop.
    • Now, Right-click on cmd.exe from the result and select Run As Administrator.
    • User Account Control or UAC dialog box will appear, click on Yes.
    • Type net user username password /add

[Replace ‘username’ and ‘password’ with your desired username and password]

Step 2. Copying old files to newly created User Profile

• Go to C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)\ (L: file:///C:/Users/(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)/)
    • Copy all files except three files:

• NtUser.dat

• NtUser.ini

• NtUser.log
    3. Go to C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-name)\ (L: file:///C:/Users/(New-User-Profile-name)/)

4. Paste all those copied files here.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 3, 2018

Thema:

M

1. M

2. ASUS Vivobook 14 HDD/SSD/M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Vivobook 14 HDD/SSD/M.2: i want to expand my storage/memory on my ASUS Vivobook14. It currently has an NVMe 320Gb stick in it and 1 x 4Gb RAM installed. There appears to be an open space for a 2.5" HDD connecting with a small ribbon cable. What options are there for this space and what is the best...
  3. ASUS Vivobook 14 HDD/SSD/M.2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Vivobook 14 HDD/SSD/M.2: i want to expand my storage/memory on my ASUS Vivobook14. It currently has an NVMe 320Gb stick in it and 1 x 4Gb RAM installed. There appears to be an open space for a 2.5" HDD connecting with a small ribbon cable. What options are there for this space and what is the best...
  4. Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD: Recently I bought m.2 SSD and want to install in my laptop. I don't know the exact procedure of it. I want to make m.2 SSD a system drive or drive c without losing any data. How can i shift windows 10 operating system from HDD to m.2 SSD safely with all files?...
  5. Boot drive on SSD, user account on HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot drive on SSD, user account on HDD: Hello, I have an existing user account on a hard drive which currently also has a windows install on it. This is my primary drive. However, I recently installed an SSD which can be used as my boot drive but it is not big enough to host my user account as well. Is there a way...
  6. Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD: Hey everyone. I recently bought an M.2 SSD to use alongside my older HDD. My plan was to have the games I play the most and Windows on the M.2 and all the other stuff on the HDD. I have already moved some games to the M.2. But I'm not sure how to only move Windows without...
  7. Windows 10 hdd to m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hdd to m.2 ssd: Hi guys, I’m just wondering if I can or how hard / easy it is to move windows 10 from a hard drive to an m.2 ssd. Thanks in advance for any help :) submitted by /u/oscarfowes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhz2r2/windows_10_hdd_to_m2_ssd/
  8. Accessing previous user account after hdd to ssd migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing previous user account after hdd to ssd migration: Hi, I was unable to update win 10 despite repeated attempts over many months so decided to move everything from the HDD to a new SSD, which seems to help the update "stick". I used the samsung cloning software but the new SSD would not boot and when I went back to the...
  9. Installing Windows on m.2 ssd keeping old hdd

Installing Windows on m.2 ssd keeping old hdd: Hi I purchased a new m.2 ssd .I want to install windows 10 on it.But i also want to keep my old hdd for storage (which currently has win 10) .How can I format the old and install win 10 on new ssd? Also link the necessary resources and links please.My dell laptop is...
  10. Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD: I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on it brings up support...