Windows 10: M/S Edge browser does not have 'Advanced Setting'

Discus and support M/S Edge browser does not have 'Advanced Setting' in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We are encountering sites such as Comcast that require Adobe Flash and require a one time install because Win-10 Pro has it turned OFF and blocks all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatReysen1, Dec 1, 2019.

1. M/S Edge browser does not have 'Advanced Setting'

We are encountering sites such as Comcast that require Adobe Flash and require a one time install because Win-10 Pro has it turned OFF and blocks all attempts to permanently accomplish that. Instructions say use the '…' and select 'advanced settings'. I have used a magnifying glass but it seems to elude me. Our impression was that Win-10 Pro was the Cat's Pajamas, and had all the Bell's and Whistles. How come Chrome and many other browsers have licked that problem?

:)

PatReysen1, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Edge browser problem

Hi Roy,

Changes in the configuration settings of your browser can be one of the possible causes why you're getting the error message on Microsoft Edge. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the Edge browser using the Internet Explorer since both browsers
    are integrated with each other. Here are the steps to do this:

• Type inetcpl in the Search box, then press
      Enter
      to open the Internet Properties.
    • Click on the Advanced tab, then click Reset under the
      Reset Internet Explorer settings section.
    • Make sure to put a check mark on the Delete personal settings, then click
      Reset.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Restart your computer to apply the changes.
    Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also, re-enable the add-ons.

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Louie Del, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge hesitatation

Hi,

Thank you for providing answers.

The issue could be occurring because some third party cookies are conflicting. I suggest you try the below steps and check.

• Open Edge browser
    • Click on (…) found at the right top corner.
    • Click on Advance settings.
    • Scroll down and under Cookies select “Block third party cookies”
    • Close and open Edge browser
    • Check if the issue still occurs.
    Let us know the status.

Vinod Archak, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

M/S Edge browser does not have 'Advanced Setting'

EDGE Browser issue with secured login (HTTPS)

Hi Ram,

It is possible that the issue is due to compatibility or the browser components causing this matter to occur. We
    suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 and Edge
    and check if there are any changes. To reset these browsers, refer and follow these links and guide:

Edge:

Kindly refer to this
    link from TechNet.

Internet Explorer 11:

To reset Internet
    Explorer 11, follow these steps:

• On the upper-right corner, click the
      Gear icon
      beside the
      Smiley icon.

• Choose
      Internet Options.

• Under
      Advanced
      tab, click on
      Reset.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

M/S Edge browser does not have 'Advanced Setting'

1. M/S Edge browser does not have 'Advanced Setting' - Similar Threads - Edge browser does

2. Windows 11 cannot find Advanced in Browser settings??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot find Advanced in Browser settings??: I have a recently got a new laptop that has Windows 11 installed on it, and am trying to use Chrome browser, but all information I find online to correct problems with internet sites seem to direct me to go to Settings>Advanced, except there is no such option in Settings??It...
  3. Windows 11 cannot find Advanced in Browser settings??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cannot find Advanced in Browser settings??: I have a recently got a new laptop that has Windows 11 installed on it, and am trying to use Chrome browser, but all information I find online to correct problems with internet sites seem to direct me to go to Settings>Advanced, except there is no such option in Settings??It...
  4. Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings: I am not IT savvy. I have an HP laptop using Windows security features. I recently found a number of open ports on my laptop after a security scan. I read how to go to advanced settings to set rules to close ports. When I went to advanced settings I found tons of rules that...
  5. Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings: I am not IT savvy. I have a HP laptop using Windows security features. I recently found a number of open ports on my laptop after a security scan. I read how to go to advanced settings to set rules to close ports. When I went to advanced settings I found tons of rules that...
  6. Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings: I am not IT savvy. I have a HP laptop using Windows security features. I recently found a number of open ports on my laptop after a security scan. I read how to go to advanced settings to set rules to close ports. When I went to advanced settings I found tons of rules that...
  7. Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account?: Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account? Too long to explain, but none of the reset pw options work for me. If M/S can reset, does anyone contact number or email or phone number. I do not care if data is lost....
  8. MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.: The latest changes to the basic settings in MS Edge are just a joke. How did anyone think that what has been implemented could be acceptable in any way? Frankly, I am starting to wonder what 99% of the so-called enhancements are worth. Most of them are just a distraction. Or,...
  9. Edge Advanced Settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Advanced Settings: I have a quick question about the "Open sites in apps" setting: [img] Currently, mine is switched off; but I don't understand what changes when I turn it on. I thought "open sites in apps" only applied to IOS devices because of limited browser support on phones. Can...
  10. How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Set Homepage on Edge Browser?: Hi, I want to set custom homepage on Microsoft Edge without using GPO (As it works only on Domain-Joined Machine). i have tried through below registry but it didn't work for me. [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local...