Windows 10: M14xR2 windows 10 subwoofer not working

Discus and support M14xR2 windows 10 subwoofer not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, ever since windows 10 my subwoofer has stopped working. I know there is a locked thread were someone reinstalled the sound driver from a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luis.Steve, Mar 9, 2020.

1. M14xR2 windows 10 subwoofer not working

Hi,

ever since windows 10 my subwoofer has stopped working. I know there is a locked thread were someone reinstalled the sound driver from a windows 8 update, and worked. I want to know which driver was used because I’ve tried the one from Dell’s website but no luck. This is the past thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/5266955a-b258-43cb-ac61-b6e417dedb1a

first my bios is missing a lot of options that I had till version A04, my Bios now is A11. I don’t know if it has anything to do with it. I believe there was an option to turn on or off the subwoofer.

I’ve seen a lot of people with audio problems since windows 10, none till now has solved mine, I even bought a new subwoofer to replace the other one, thought I had blown.

Any thoughts?

:)

Luis.Steve, Mar 9, 2020
  2. OmarCF Win User

Asus subwoofer not working on windows 10

Same problem here. The subwoofer was working in Win8. As soon as I performed the update last week (Nov 7th), the subwoofer only emits this high pitched noise that Miryan mentions.

The device manager indicates for the audio that the latest software is installed. Any suggestions?

OmarCF, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Asus subwoofer not working on windows 10

Hi Marcus,

There might be a chance that if default audio device is not selected as external subwoofer that's the reason of no sound from external subwoofer. So, I would suggest you to check the default audio device and see if it not selected as default then try to
    set it as default. For performing these task you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Windows key + X, click Control Panel, click
      Hardware and Sound, and then click Sound.
    • Playback tab. Make sure the correct default audio device is selected. (For most users, the default audio device is
      Speakers.)
    • Playback tab, select the correct device, click Properties, click the
      Advanced tab, and make sure that Default Format is set to the value that you expect. When finished, click OK.
    • Playback tab, select the playback device, click Configure, and then make sure the configurations are set correctly.

If the sound settings are set correctly, and your speakers are already set as the default device, go to "Verify that an audio driver is installed" now.

• Set Default.
    • OK to save your settings.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 9, 2020
  4. M14xR2 windows 10 subwoofer not working

Asus subwoofer not working on windows 10

I am having the same problem and i followed all of the suggested steps. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, i removed the device and restarted the pc, I installed the manufacturers drivers, i used the trouble shooter..., I searched endless
    forums on the topic and tried every suggestion i saw. I still hear nothing through my external subwoofer. What now?

MarcusHoward152, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

M14xR2 windows 10 subwoofer not working

1. M14xR2 windows 10 subwoofer not working - Similar Threads - M14xR2 subwoofer working

2. Annoying buzz from subwoofer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying buzz from subwoofer?: I literally just got a new pair of klipsch desktop speakers the promedia 2.1 set and it appears that there is speaker buzz originating from the sub when the system is under load? This is what it sounds like. [media] 171022
  3. Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it.

Subwoofer is not used, it works only when I test it.: Hi, I have an ASUS tuf gaming plus and an 5.1 sound system. I plugged in center/subwoofer to the yellow, rear to black and the front speaker into the green. When I test the sound in the Realtek Audio Console, then everything is fine, so my subwoofer has sound. When I start...
  4. Subwoofer

Subwoofer: So I bought a subwoofer and connected it to my computer. From there I tried it out and it didn’t work. I then went into audio setting and did all the funky stuff there. In the test menu, both my left and right speakers work but not my sub. For reference, I have a 2.1 sound...
  5. after upgrading to Windows 10 I found that the Bass speakers/ subwoofer is not working anymore

after upgrading to Windows 10 I found that the Bass speakers/ subwoofer is not working anymore: I have a Logitech Wired Speakers, after upgrading to Windows 10 I found that the Bass speakers/ subwoofer is not working anymore. Also the option to control what speakers I use only allows Realtek headphones/ Audio. How can I modify this to the previous options on speakers?...
  6. Subwoofer suddenly not working / not utilised by Windows 10

Subwoofer suddenly not working / not utilised by Windows 10: I have a 5.1 system hooked up to my PC via analogue from the back of my Gigabyte Aorus 450B m/board to an AV amp, and until yesterday 17/03/20 everything was working fine. Now however there is no output to the subwoofer. The other speakers are satellites so the sub does most...
  7. Subwoofer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Subwoofer: Hej Har ljudsystem Logitech Z313. Efter uppdateringen slutar subwoofwern att fungera. Detta hände vid förra uppdateringen också. Då gjorde jag en återställning till älder verision. Samt varje gång jag skulle hör fick jag gå in och göra högtalar systemet inaktiv/ aktiv...
  8. Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart

Subwoofer no longer automatically works after a restart: Hey all, I've ran into a very obnoxious new problem as of late. It appears that, every time I restart my computer, Windows refuses to output audio to my subwoofer-- until I go into my sound card software and toggle from 5.1, to stereo, then back to 5.1 again. Seeing as...
  9. ASUS N550JV external subwoofer not work!

ASUS N550JV external subwoofer not work!: Hi My laptop Windows was updated few days ago(Windows 10 - Version 1511 - OS Build 10586.104). And now external subwoofer do not work! Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. 44348
  10. Subwoofer problems after upgrade to Windows 10 - Realtek Driver

Subwoofer problems after upgrade to Windows 10 - Realtek Driver: I have just updated from Windows 7 to 10. My Logitech 5.1 speaker system worked perfectly under W7. After upgrading to W10, the subwoofer does not work through applications. However, it DOES work through the Realtek HD Audio Manager. All five speakers work in the Audio...