Windows 10: M2 SSD Crashed - How to re-install windows Pro 64B without having to purchase it again?

Discus and support M2 SSD Crashed - How to re-install windows Pro 64B without having to purchase it again? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS Desktop and the M2 SSD it boots from is dead. I have an unused 250G SSD I can put in, but how will I install Windows and get my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlesAlexander, Feb 18, 2020.

1. M2 SSD Crashed - How to re-install windows Pro 64B without having to purchase it again?

I have a Dell XPS Desktop and the M2 SSD it boots from is dead.

I have an unused 250G SSD I can put in, but how will I install Windows and get my same Pro Version?

I made a Medai Creation USB to install from - I am just not sure how to get Windows 10 Pro Back and Activated

:)

CharlesAlexander, Feb 18, 2020

2. Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Topbarn Win User
    Clean Install after upgrade, 32b Windows 10 pro to 64b Windows 10 Pro

I've upgraded 4 x PCs to Windows 10 Pro - OK. 2 were 32b, 2 were 64b.

Can I now do a 64b clean install to the 32b Windows Pro upgraded PCs, reformat etc. under the terms of the upgrade?

I have made the 64b DVD ready ;-)

Thanks.

John

Topbarn, Feb 18, 2020
  4. T Monahan Win User

M2 SSD Crashed - How to re-install windows Pro 64B without having to purchase it again?

Switch HDD to SSD + Add m2 2280 SSD then Activation? Or Activate then swap all the HDD/SSDs around?

Good Afternoon,

Just purchased a brand new desktop PC (it still in the box). Its preinstalled with Windows 10 Professional (awaiting activation) on the a single drive which is a 2.5" HDD. I don't' want that drive in the computer and I've purchased two new SSD's to upgrade
    the system. Once I remove the HDD, its no longer part of my equation.

Current out of the box setup:

2.5" HDD with Windows 10 Pro awaiting first startup / initiation and activation.

Where I want to go:

M.2 2280 SSD as Primary drive with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated here

2.5" SSD as secondary drive for my files/documents/data.

How do I get the preinstalled Win10Pro off the HDD, and activate it on the M2 SSD as the primary OS boot drive? Should I activate windows before making all these hardware changes? Or should I clone/reinstall Windows 10 Pro to the M.2 SSD then activate?
    Last step is adding the additional SSD for data, but that's not a priority … or is it? Add it before activation?

This is the headache I get for buying an pre-built system that wasn't originally spec'd the way I wanted. Oh well.

Do the HDD/SSD changes make a diff to the activation process? or is it all hardware encoded to the motherboard which remains unchanged?

Advice?

T Monahan, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

M2 SSD Crashed - How to re-install windows Pro 64B without having to purchase it again?

1. M2 SSD Crashed - How to re-install windows Pro 64B without having to purchase it again? - Similar Threads - SSD Crashed install

2. update will not install- code 0x80070643 in windows 10 pro 64b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update will not install- code 0x80070643 in windows 10 pro 64b: helpupdate will not install . error code 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-will-not-install-code-0x80070643-in-windows/30a65e47-6c6a-4722-b538-9c78a864a2eb
  3. update will not install- code 0x80070643 in windows 10 pro 64b

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update will not install- code 0x80070643 in windows 10 pro 64b: helpupdate will not install . error code 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-will-not-install-code-0x80070643-in-windows/30a65e47-6c6a-4722-b538-9c78a864a2eb
  4. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  5. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  6. Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to a bigger Windows M2 SSD without losing data: Hello dear Windows10 Reddit-community, I am seeking for your help and advices. I do want to upgrade my "(C:)" M2 SSD to a new one with more storage. Sadly I do not have a second M2 slot. What is the best, less annoying or fastest way to upgrade without losing my data on that...
  7. M2 NVME SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M2 NVME SSD: How much exactly does Windows 10 benefit from being installed on an M2 NVME SSD compared to a SATA-600 SSD ? Other than a faster boot time, how exactly does windows benefit from the direct connection to the cpu that an NVME SSD offers?...
  8. Upgrading an M2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an M2 SSD: My laptop has a Kingston 128GB M2 drive, also a 1T HDD I'm looking to upgrade the 128Gb drive as you can tell, it's starting to get full, thats with me directing most downloads, saving etc to my D drive. so all i need is a M2 converter to USB and use a disc clone program to...
  9. Is It Possible to Change To An SSD Without Purchasing Windows Again?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is It Possible to Change To An SSD Without Purchasing Windows Again?: Hello everyone! I'm here today to ask if I was to buy a new SSD without backing up anything on my current hard drive, am I able to get Windows again for free? I have a digital license linked to this Microsoft account. Is there anything else I need, specifically? (using a USB...
  10. Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd: I am replacing my ASUS GL552 laptops SSD C drive with a larger one and want to make sure I am doing it correctly I have made a macriun image of the old ssd that I will restore on the new replacement When I boot from the ASUS rescue thumb drive will the laptop start normally...