Windows 10: M365 E3 under EA agreement

Discus and support M365 E3 under EA agreement in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have 500 users, and we got M365 E3 licenses under Enterprise Agreement. as before Microsoft had something call Home Use Rights .. where you can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mohammed Omar Mubarak Ba, Oct 15, 2020.

1. M365 E3 under EA agreement

i have 500 users, and we got M365 E3 licenses under Enterprise Agreement.

as before Microsoft had something call Home Use Rights .. where you can use Microsoft product for private use.

my question: can i use activate win 10 for personal use?

do i have Home Use Right or Program for Win 10 for personal use.?

if yes : how to activate it ? is it for all M365 E3 Users?

or this only for my organization and can't be used for personal laptop or desktop?

Thanks

:)

Mohammed Omar Mubarak Ba, Oct 15, 2020

2. Does M365 E3 license (trough EA/Volume licensing) also give right to Win 10 Enterprise LTSC (IOT)?

If your company has M365 E3 subscriptions, this includes the right to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise.

Does this also mean that it includes the right to upgrade to Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSB/LTSC
    editions, rather than to Win 10 Enterprise?

If yes, where can I find this explicitly in the terms?

The text is unclear.

The Product Terms only mention that M365 F1 and M365 Business have limited Windows 10 use rights, and they exclude Win 10 Enterprise LTSC.

What is the situation for M365 E3?

And IF M365 E3 does not give this right to use Win 10 IOT Enterprise, and these have to be acquired seperately, in that case:

- Where/under what program to obtain these seperate licenses?

- What does that mean for the E3 licenses previously assigned to these devices ('s users)?

Airbender88, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Does M365 E3 license (trough EA/Volume licensing) also give right to Win 10 Enterprise LTSC (IOT)?

Thanks Carl!

Diving deeper on this, I come to the following:

1. Having M365 E3 at itself gives right to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise.
    2. The Product terms clearly exclude lower editions like Win 10 Ent LTSB/LTSC (which is apparently the same as the IOT) when it comes to certain M365 Suites like the F and the Business suite. No such exclusions are present for the E3 or the E5. Knowing the
      IOT is a bit "dressed down" version of the Win 10 ENT, the Win 10 Enterprise should give you the right to opt for the Win 10 IOT Ent. edition, if you do not have a plan that specifically excludes this.
    3. The right to upgrade using the Win 10 Enterprise Upgrade option in your E3 suite, assumes there is an underlying OEM/qualifying license for your OS.
    4. The Win10 Qualifying OS guidelines state:

The following operating systems qualify for the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade and/or
      Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade through Microsoft Volume Licensing
      :
    5. Followed by a list of OS' that are required and give right to perform an upgrade via the Win 10 Enterprise Upgrade option in your suite (in this case the M365 E3 suite).

So I would say based on this that it is possible to upgrade to Win 10 IOT Enterprise/LTSC if you also comply with the Qualifying OS list.

So for example:

- if you have Windows 7 Embedded POSReady devices, then you cannot upgrade these via the the E3 to either Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 IOT Enterprise, as it is not a qualifying OS.

- if you have Windows Embedded 8.1 Pro, you should be able to upgrade to either Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 IOT Enterprise, as it is a qualifying OS.

Or I am completely wrong and missing something essential here...

Airbender88, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Jensr_ Win User

M365 E3 under EA agreement

Can't activate Win10 Enterprise with M365 E3 license

I am not able to activate my Win10 Enterprise though I have a M365 E3 license.

My device is connected to Azure AD and online. I get error code 0xC004C003.

My Win10 is up to date.

Does anyone have a clue what to do?

Best,

Jens

Jensr_, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

M365 E3 under EA agreement

1. M365 E3 under EA agreement - Similar Threads - M365 under agreement

2. How To Upgrade Win 11 Home to Win 11 Pro w/ M365 E3 Subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Upgrade Win 11 Home to Win 11 Pro w/ M365 E3 Subscription: I recently purchased a new laptop, and it came with Win 11 Home. I wouldn't normally buy a new machine with the Home edition, however, I knew my M365 E3 subscription includes Win 10/11 Pro, so I thought I'd be able to upgrade it. No so, at least not yet.My impression was once...
  3. How To Upgrade Win 11 Home to Win 11 Pro w/ M365 E3 Subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Upgrade Win 11 Home to Win 11 Pro w/ M365 E3 Subscription: I recently purchased a new laptop, and it came with Win 11 Home. I wouldn't normally buy a new machine with the Home edition, however, I knew my M365 E3 subscription includes Win 10/11 Pro, so I thought I'd be able to upgrade it. No so, at least not yet.My impression was once...
  4. Windows activation via M365 E3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation via M365 E3: For example, if we buy a device with Windows 11 Pro - pre installed. Can we still install Windows 10 on this device and activate the Enterprise Edition via M365 E3 Subscription? I assume that the downgrade must be done first and then the activation of the Enterprise...
  5. Windows activation via M365 E3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation via M365 E3: For example, if we buy a device with Windows 11 Pro - pre installed. Can we still install Windows 10 on this device and activate the Enterprise Edition via M365 E3 Subscription? I assume that the downgrade must be done first and then the activation of the Enterprise...
  6. Installing Windows 10 Enterprise with an M365 E3 subscription

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 Enterprise with an M365 E3 subscription: I attempted to upgrade my Windows 10 Pro machine to Windows 10 Enterprise as I believe it is included in our E3 subscription. I used the instructions here; specifically I applied the command cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43. I am...
  7. Does M365 E3 license trough EA/Volume licensing also give right to Win 10 Enterprise LTSC IOT?

Does M365 E3 license trough EA/Volume licensing also give right to Win 10 Enterprise LTSC IOT?: If your company has M365 E3 subscriptions, this includes the right to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise. Does this also mean that it includes the right to upgrade to Windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSB/LTSCeditions, rather than to Win 10 Enterprise? If yes, where can I find...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro OEM to M365 E3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro OEM to M365 E3: Has anyone upgraded from OEM to M365 E3/E5 licenses? I'm trying to figure out how it would be done. Would be easier if volume licensing was used for Pro since we use Intune to manage devices and could have just entered the volume license to upgrade, but alas we don't....
  9. Renew the SA originally purchased under EA program under Open Program

Renew the SA originally purchased under EA program under Open Program: Hi team, Please suggest - Is it possible to renew the software assurance currently purchased and active under EA program with Open program. There is a customer who is currently having an active software assurance under Enterprise Agreement. The customer has reached out to...
  10. M365 E3 Win 10 Enterprise

M365 E3 Win 10 Enterprise: Hi I have an M365 E3 subscription for our company and those users which had a laptop running Win 10 pro prior have been upgraded automatically to enterprise. However I have a number of laptops with Win 10 Home edition what I have upgraded however the license isnt being...