Windows 10: MAC Address changed but now mobile hotpost not working

Discus and support MAC Address changed but now mobile hotpost not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I had changed my MAC address and the internet works jsut fine. However when I try to set up a mobile hotspot from the wifi from which my phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by keshavganapathy, Feb 17, 2020.

1. MAC Address changed but now mobile hotpost not working

So I had changed my MAC address and the internet works jsut fine. However when I try to set up a mobile hotspot from the wifi from which my phone could connect to it simply says, No internet connection, this is happening on all other devices which try to connect with it laptops,iphones etc. Does anyone know how to fix that with the mac address still changed and not the original one? I've scoured all over the internet for a solution but to no avail. So if you know how to make it work can you please provide a step by step instruciton to fix it?

:)

keshavganapathy, Feb 17, 2020

2. Change Mac address

The MAC address is like your devices ID ,so short of being able to change very core settings ,you're not gonna be able to do anything unless I'm mistaken.

Maybe you don't need to change your MAC address, what is it you're trying to accomplish?

Spoiler: I found this change mac w/o root I can't say whether or not this is an effective method it's just a method I found after searching this topic .
    I cant say whether or not it is "safe" or if the software required is free. use at your own risk.

Change MAC Address of Android Devices without Root Access

Go to Settings>About Phone>Select Status and then make a note of the current MAC Address of your Android device.
    Download the Android Terminal Emulator application from the Google Play Store. You can directly navigate to the Android Terminal Emulator Google Play Store download page by clicking here.
    Launch the above application on your Android device and then type “IP LINK SHOW”.
    Note the interface name of your Android device from the list.
    And then type in the command below,
    ip link set interfacename XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY
    Replace interfacename with the Interface Name of your network that you noted in Step 4 above and XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY with the MAC Address you wish to set.
    And that’s it. The MAC Address of your Android device will now be modified/changed.

jboydgolfer, Feb 17, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Change Mac address

Then you're probably not changing your MAC Address...

4. khead2600 Win User

MAC Address changed but now mobile hotpost not working

Mobile hotspot doesn’t work after changing MAC address

I normally have no problem using the Mobile Hotspot feature built in Windows 10.

However after changing my mac address using the software Technitium MAC Changer v6.0.7, i can no longer connect to the hotspot.

I don’t get any errors on my windows machine when I turn on the hotspot, but I can’t connect to it. It works if I revert back to the original mac, just stops working when I change the mac.

Anyone else have the same issue after changing your wifi mac address?

khead2600, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

MAC Address changed but now mobile hotpost not working

1. MAC Address changed but now mobile hotpost not working - Similar Threads - MAC Address changed

2. I changed my the MAC address and now my windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my the MAC address and now my windows is not activated: I changed my MAC address from the network settings, and now windows says "Activate Windows", tried to activate but it keeps saying can't activate with error code: 0xC004C003.My product id is: 00328-90000-00000-AAOEM and my product key ends with -8HV2C.How can i reactivate...
  3. I changed my the MAC address and now my windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my the MAC address and now my windows is not activated: I changed my MAC address from the network settings, and now windows says "Activate Windows", tried to activate but it keeps saying can't activate with error code: 0xC004C003.My product id is: 00328-90000-00000-AAOEM and my product key ends with -8HV2C.How can i reactivate...
  4. Windows 10 Mobile hotspot issue after changing MAC address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mobile hotspot issue after changing MAC address: I use a wifi adapter to connect with long-distance wifi. However, normally the mobile hotspot of windows 10 works fine but If I change the mac address of the adapter then the hotspot is not working. If I change mac address then still it can create an AP but when I try to...
  5. mac address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  6. Mobile hotspot issue after changing MAC address

Mobile hotspot issue after changing MAC address: After changing the MAC address on my windows 10 desktop, my android phone can no longer connect to the window 10's mobile hotspot. It keeps saying connecting, and then stops. Does anyone has the same problem? Does anyone has a solution?...
  7. MAC address changes on reboot

MAC address changes on reboot: My PC's MAC address changes on reboot even though the "Random hardware address" option is disabled in WiFi settings. This is creating issues as my university uses a captive login portal that requires each device's MAC address to be registered....
  8. Mobile hotspot doesn’t work after changing MAC address

Mobile hotspot doesn’t work after changing MAC address: I normally have no problem using the Mobile Hotspot feature built in Windows 10. However after changing my mac address using the software Technitium MAC Changer v6.0.7, i can no longer connect to the hotspot. I don’t get any errors on my windows machine when I turn on...
  9. Change Wifi Router Mac Address

Change Wifi Router Mac Address: How can I change my Cisco Cable Modem's Mac Address>*Biggrin 42984
  10. MAC Address of Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Find

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    MAC Address of Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Find: How to: MAC Address of Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Find How to Find MAC Address of Your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information When you’re not connected to WiFi, your phone will periodically send out a signal for WiFi networks in the area to help you get connected....