Windows 10: mac air with fresh windows 10 function keys changed

Discus and support mac air with fresh windows 10 function keys changed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my mac air, all the function keys(f1-f12) are all changed. I want to be able to change brightness,keyboard led brightness(right now always on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by grimofdoom, Jul 28, 2015.

1. mac air with fresh windows 10 function keys changed

On my mac air, all the function keys(f1-f12) are all changed. I want to be able to change brightness,keyboard led brightness(right now always on, cannot turn off), and sound. The update from win7 to win10 modified those for windows to the new commands. Is there any way to revert them?(I think that the boot camp program is not exactly working anymore either)

:)

grimofdoom, Jul 28, 2015

2. How to activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 Product Key.

Original Title: Win 10 Activation

Hi,

I was having an LG laptop with genuine win 7 license. The time win 10 had been released i updated my windows and got activated perfectly. A while my device got damaged and a bought a new mac air laptop.

Is it possible to use the same old windows license?.

I am having my win 7 product key. Is it possible to get the win 10 equivalent product key keeping a note that mac bootcamp will not allow installation of win7. So i am obliged to install a fresh win10 copy.

Regards,

MohamadZayour, Jul 28, 2015
  3. JHMI_951 Win User
    Install Windows 10 into valid Windows 7 Home Premium and says product key not valid.

Mac Air with VMWare Fusion and recently purchased and installed Windows 7 Home Premium that works fine. Downloaded Windows 10. Asked for Product Key. None that I could see for 10, so tried 7 and said invalid. Any ideas? Thanks.

JHMI_951, Jul 28, 2015
  4. mrplt Win User

mac air with fresh windows 10 function keys changed

You should install the Boot Camp Manager.

mrplt, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Where do I get it? My initial search of bing and google brought up nothing.

grimofdoom, Jul 28, 2015
  6. mrplt Win User
  7. mrplt Win User
    Is yours the 128GB one? I have a 128GB mid-13 Macbook Air running W8.1 on the boot camp partition. How many GBs did you allocate to the Windows partition?

mrplt, Jul 28, 2015
  8. mac air with fresh windows 10 function keys changed

This did not help. No change in anything. The keyboard backlight is still always on(unless light sensor is viewing light). Would removing the drivers for the light sensor solve this? or is there yet another possible solution?

and mrplt, i had ~120gb and had it partition evenly 60/60gb. I am using external hdd (soon ssd) for any more space I need.

grimofdoom, Jul 29, 2015
  9. mrplt Win User
    Mine still didn't get the Windows 10 update, so I don't know how to solve this problem.
    I'll post again as soon as it's updated to Windows 10.

mrplt, Jul 29, 2015
  10. mrplt Win User
    UPDATE: I upgraded Macbook Air to Windows 10, and I encountered all the problems that you did. Unfortunately I couldn't find any solutions for that. For me, the only option is to wait until Apple releases a new version of Boot Camp drivers which is compatible with Windows 10.

mrplt, Aug 1, 2015
  11. So we gotta wait year or so... 'yay'. I do have to say though, i love windows 10 on my mac. Play my xbox one from anywhere in the world (and any steam games i got)

grimofdoom, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

mac air with fresh windows 10 function keys changed

1. mac air with fresh windows 10 function keys changed - Similar Threads - mac air fresh

2. WIN 10 On MAC Book Air M1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIN 10 On MAC Book Air M1: Have a MAC Book Air With M1 chip. Installed Parallels 17 Desktop. Bought Windows 10 Home to run under Parallels. Was unable to load the OS. Had to download Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview to be able to load Windows. I have a couple of questions: Should I be able to run Windows...
  3. WIN 10 On MAC Book Air M1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 10 On MAC Book Air M1: Have a MAC Book Air With M1 chip. Installed Parallels 17 Desktop. Bought Windows 10 Home to run under Parallels. Was unable to load the OS. Had to download Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview to be able to load Windows. I have a couple of questions: Should I be able to run Windows...
  4. WIN 10 On MAC Book Air M1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. changing what a function key does on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    changing what a function key does on windows 10: I got a new gaming keyboard. the F1 key has a function to open music, so it opens windows media player. The keyboard doesn't has a software. is there any way that I can do it? what I want is to change the behaviour, meaning, clicking Fn + F1 opens Windows media player, I...
  6. Keys randomly change functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys randomly change functions: The keys on my laptop randomly start doing different things. It's kind of like a shortcut I guess? I tried to press 'T' to talk in a game, but it just put the game in windowed mode and brought up the taskbar. I restarted my laptop and it's working again, but it will most...
  7. Change function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change function keys?: What would be the best way about doing this? I want to change my function keys so when I press F1 it would register as windows+G to open game bar or F2 for game bar to take a screen shot or F3 to record video. I do use some function keys but other then F11 I never use these...
  8. how to change function keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to change function keys?: I just bought a new asus laptop and would like to change how the function keys work. I don't wanna have to press Fn+ f11 to increase the sound. I want to just press f11. How do I go about this?...
  9. Problems with function keys on fresh install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with function keys on fresh install: Hi all! I just fresh installed windows on my machine, and I can't get the Fn + Sound keys to work. Strangely, Fn + Lights works, and all the other Fn keys... Only the sound doesn't work. Any ideas why? Thank you in advance!...
  10. Changing functions on keys on mouses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing functions on keys on mouses: I have recently bought a Logitech pro mouse with 3 buttons in the thumb area. I am trying to use these to improve my gaming skills in different games. But one of the button are preset to open a recent window that has been opened.(EX: I'm on Fortnite I click this button and it...