Windows 10: Mac can't see PC on home network ?

Discus and support Mac can't see PC on home network ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Mac running OSX Sierra can't see my Win-10 PC on my home network ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex_703, May 31, 2021.

1. Alex_703 Win User

Mac can't see PC on home network ?

My Mac running OSX Sierra can't see my Win-10 PC on my home network ?

:)

Alex_703, May 31, 2021

2. Seeing a Mac over a network

I made all the changes you suggested, except the computer browser which wasn't on the list. Restarted the PC and still no sign of the Mac on the network in file explorer.

Thanks,

Bob

RobertFredley, May 31, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Network Mac and Windows

I do not know anything about Macs but maybe there is a reference to them in
    Enable or Disable SMB1 File Sharing Protocol in Windows - TenForumsTutorials
    Whilst a Win10-Win10 network does not need SMB1, a Win10-Win7/8 network does & any network with a drive attached to its router does so perhaps a Win10-Mac network also does.

If the tutorial does not already have any direct references to Macs then I suggest posting in that tutorial thread to ask if it is relevant to your case.

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Mac can't see PC on home network ? - Similar Threads - Mac can't home

2. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network: Unable to connect my PC and Mac.I can see the PC from the Mac Finder, yet when connecting I'm asked for a username and password, which doesn't seem to be my login details. From what I've read it seems I need a network name and password? Yet this isn't the modem details is...
  3. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network: Unable to connect my PC and Mac.I can see the PC from the Mac Finder, yet when connecting I'm asked for a username and password, which doesn't seem to be my login details. From what I've read it seems I need a network name and password? Yet this isn't the modem details is...
  4. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot see other pc on home network

Cannot see other pc on home network: I have two computers connected to a home network. Both can get to the internet but both cannot see each other. Ping goes through between them. I got the following message while troublshooting: Website (XXXXXX) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. XXXXXX is...
  6. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  7. New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  8. Cannot see other PC on home network

Cannot see other PC on home network: I have two computers running Win 10 and one running OSX 10.8. The one computer was an in place upgrade to Win10 (which I now regret). The upgraded computer, when running Win7, was seen by the other two computers. Since upgrading to Win10, it's disappeared. I've followed the...
  9. PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other

PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other: I have 2 machines, 1 Windoze 7 Pro 32bit and 1 Windoze 10 Home 64 bit both wire connected to the same router. No matter what I do, the machines can't see each other. That includes all the sharing options, advanced, etc. All Allows are checked and I have admin rights on both...
  10. Seeing a Mac over a network

Seeing a Mac over a network: I'm using the latest version of windows 10 and cannot get my PC to recognize the Mac that is also on the network in file explorer. It does recognize the other PC on the network. All have the same workgroup name. The Mac recognizes both PC's. Bob...