Windows 10: Mac dead. Backup disks not Win10 compatible

Discus and support Mac dead. Backup disks not Win10 compatible in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a rookie to Windows and see my Mac backup hard drives are invisible to Win10. Not sure how this HFS+ system works. Is there a guide to solving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saintbridge2, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Mac dead. Backup disks not Win10 compatible

Hi, I'm a rookie to Windows and see my Mac backup hard drives are invisible to Win10.

Not sure how this HFS+ system works. Is there a guide to solving this somewhere? A reliable software program? Maybe another group?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Saintbridge2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Saintbridge2, Sep 28, 2020
  2. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Sep 28, 2020
  3. mac

Find out your mac's motherboard and google the part number, when you find the part on the manufacturer's website there should be a link to a list of supported CPUs.

Edit: There will be links to other compatibility lists too for supported RAM and whatnot.

OzzmanFloyd120, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Mac dead. Backup disks not Win10 compatible

Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Mac dead. Backup disks not Win10 compatible

1. Mac dead. Backup disks not Win10 compatible - Similar Threads - Mac dead Backup

2. Is windows 11 compatible to Mac computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 compatible to Mac computer?: How can I use windows 11 on a Mac computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-compatible-to-mac-computer/1afe074c-8d0b-4c44-b76c-fde882b2a103
  3. Win10 on mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 on mac: Blue screen show up can not get into the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-on-mac/e1c0472b-c047-4ced-be99-11e3f11ed1d3
  4. Win10 on mac

Win10 on mac: Blue screen show up can not get into the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-on-mac/e1c0472b-c047-4ced-be99-11e3f11ed1d3
  5. Win10 on mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows backup compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup compatibility: Hello,today I am backing up my C: drive to my hard drive, and I was wondering if i can use backup created on Windows 11 to restore my files on Windows 10. Can I?Thanks,MakoPog...
  7. Windows backup compatibility

Windows backup compatibility: Hello,today I am backing up my C: drive to my hard drive, and I was wondering if i can use backup created on Windows 11 to restore my files on Windows 10. Can I?Thanks,MakoPog...
  8. Is this disk dead?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this disk dead?: I have a Seagate SRD00F1 1Tb external drive. Diskpart doesn't see it, disk management of Windows 10 doesn't see it, EaseUS doesn't see it. Is this disk dead? This happened when a power outage hit while CHKDSK was checking the disk. Can't get the disk to work ever since. 156708
  9. Software to backup Programs and its data from Dead Win10 install

Software to backup Programs and its data from Dead Win10 install: Hello, I would like to know if there is a software that creates a backup of programs and its data/registries associated with those programs, from a inaccessable win10 install, I have access to the parition itself and not the system(BSOD that can't be resolved even after...
  10. win10 backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    win10 backup: Hi all, i am currently using windows 10 backup. I set it to manage the space but when my external hard drive full it didn't delete the old backup. Also, as i select my own folders to backup rather then let window choose. I did tick backup users folder and favorites. But...