Windows 10: Mac to Windows: Mail, Calendar Clients?

Discus and support Mac to Windows: Mail, Calendar Clients? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been working from a new Windows machine since January, having worked from a MacBook Pro for the 8 years prior. I am enjoying it so far!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/metallich, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Mac to Windows: Mail, Calendar Clients?

Hi all,

I've been working from a new Windows machine since January, having worked from a MacBook Pro for the 8 years prior. I am enjoying it so far! One thing that I am still struggling with is the loss of the iOS Mail app. I used it for all my email addresses (different Google accounts and an Outlook account). I did not realize how much I relied on that app. I also miss how easily I could sync across laptop and phone (also Apple) using that app, as well as the iOS Calendar app.

On my Windows machine, I have tried two different email clients: the first was the native Mail app with Windows10. I really did not like the interface on this one. I wanted something simpler, cleaner, and admittedly, more like the iOS Mail app if that was possible. I next tried Outlook (which I have a subscription to from the University where I work). This is better than the Mail app, for me, but sometimes still buggy.

There are two things I am looking for some insight on:

1. What Mail apps are you using? Is there any Mail client I can use where there is entirely one inbox, that puts all of the messages from different email addresses into one box? I am still getting used to not having this feature (I had given up on it, but since I am posting something here I figured I might as well ask).
    2. Which Calendar apps do you use? What syncs up well across computer + phone?

Thanks in advance! I am open to experimentation and trying different apps/clients, and will continue to keep looking, but any guidance you might be able to provide is much appreciated -- in particular, for those who found something they were happy with after relying on the iOS Mail/Calendar apps.

submitted by /u/metallich
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/metallich, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Mac to Windows: Mail, Calendar Clients? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mac to Windows: Mail, Calendar Clients?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Mac to Windows: Mail, Calendar Clients?

1. Mac to Windows: Mail, Calendar Clients? - Similar Threads - Mac Mail Calendar

2. Windows Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail & Calendar: My partner shares her Windows Calendar with me. Currently all my partner's appointments are displayed in my Outlook 365 calendar as "Private Appointment".What needs to be done for the detail of my partner's appointments to be displayed in my Outlook 365 calendar?All...
  3. Windows Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail & Calendar: My partner shares her Windows Calendar with me. Currently all my partner's appointments are displayed in my Outlook 365 calendar as "Private Appointment".What needs to be done for the detail of my partner's appointments to be displayed in my Outlook 365 calendar?All...
  4. windows mail and calendar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows mail and calendar: Reset Surface Pro7+ to 21h1 version, Mail now seems not to store mail locally but only on Cloud server, resulting in very slow response. Can I change any settings to improve this?...
  5. Mail client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail client: After windows10 update on 4 aug 2020 I am getting the following message on start up: Either their is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run outlook and set as default client. I went to outlook2019, file, general,...
  6. Windows mail and Calendar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows mail and Calendar: WHERE oh WHERE can I get instructions to set up my Mail/Calendar on the free Home Version for Windows 10. It seems to have disappeared from my laptop. I am definitely NOT computer savvy so I would love it if instructions would be as simple as possible. Thanking you in...
  7. How to transfer WLM calendar to another mail client?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer WLM calendar to another mail client?: To import a calendar to EmClient requires a .ics file. How can I export the WLM calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-wlm-calendar-to-another-mail/f925532b-e214-4620-b8cd-e5a1a3cc3d74"
  8. Windows Mail Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail Client: I cannot successfully change my email password in Windows 10 to match that of my email platform provider. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail-client/cdf27461-50da-4fc7-9188-943304bdacda
  9. Mail and calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail and calendar: If I try and open either, I get a message stating Give us a minute. We're updating Mail. It should be ready to use shortly and offers to Copy to clipboard or close. This has been like it since yesterday. Any ideas anybody please? Shelley...
  10. Mail and Calendar

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar: Why don't deleted emails go to the deleted items folder? 20862