Windows 10: Mac user setting up home work station for the wife and need some help with computer not...

Discus and support Mac user setting up home work station for the wife and need some help with computer not... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Setup: Dell laptop plugged into a dock that is powering two external monitors. Issue: Set the laptop to stay awake when its plugged in, lid closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jeremyx2, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Mac user setting up home work station for the wife and need some help with computer not...

Setup: Dell laptop plugged into a dock that is powering two external monitors.

Issue: Set the laptop to stay awake when its plugged in, lid closed because it is just being used to drive two external monitors. When I select sleep from the start menu the monitors turn off but the computer is still running. (Fans are blasting and makes the occasional notification sound) If I select hibernate everything shuts down, but then the laptop wont wake back up without pulling it out, opening it up, and hitting the physical power button.

Questions: Can I set it to wake up with the keyboard from hibernation or to actually go to sleep when told to?

Thanks for the help, this is all equipment that she got from work and we are both life long mac users.

submitted by /u/Jeremyx2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jeremyx2, Jun 4, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Synology Announces Cloud Station Availability for Mac

Synology Inc. today released the Mac client of Cloud Station Beta, providing an easy, yet secure data synchronization solution for Mac users.

“Cloud Station redefines the role of a NAS server, making Synology DiskStation and RackStation a true private cloud which not only pushes your data to all your devices automatically, but also keeps them up-to-date,” said Darren Lin, Product Manager of Synology Inc. “Cloud Station can grow with users’ demands with no recurring fees. It is one of users’ favorite features in DSM 4.0, and we are excited to bring it to Mac users.”

Cloud Station syncs and backs up users’ content seamlessly across their PCs, Macs, and DiskStation or RackStation. On an offline computer users can still view and edit files, and the changes will be synchronized to other computers when Internet connection resumes. Cloud Station provides users with extra peace of mind by saving the previous versions of their files for easy data restoration. In addition, Cloud Station is a convenient way for business to boost office productivity. Account users can own their particular Cloud Station folders, or share a Cloud Station folder to collaborate on a project.

Availability
    Synology Cloud StationBeta package and its Windows and Mac clients apply to the following models: DS412+, DS112, DS112j, DS712+, DS212, DS212+, DS212j, RS2212+, RS2212RP+, RS812+, RS812RP+, RS212, RS812, DS1512+, DS1812+, DS3612xs, RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs, DS3611xs, RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs, DS2411+, RS2211+, RS2211RP+, DS1511+, RS411, DS411, DS411+II, DS411+, DS411j, DS411slim, DS211+, DS211, DS211j, DS111, DS1010+, RS810+, RS810RP+, DS410, DS410j, DS710+, DS210+, DS210j, DS110+, DS110j, DS509+, RS409+, RS409RP+, RS409, DS409+, DS409, DS209+II, DS209+, DS209, DS209j, DS109+, DS109, DS109j, DS409slim, DS508, DS408, RS408, RS408RP, DS108j

They are available for free download here.

btarunr, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Mac user setting up home work station for the wife and need some help with computer not...

Use of high end work station

How can multi user remotely access windows 10 education version, If not then please suggest the way for using high end work station by different users simultaneously. Or please suggest any way of using high capacity, high RAM and heavy processors to be
    used in highly efficient way. I don't want my work station not to be used efficiently.

singhjaydeep, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Mac user setting up home work station for the wife and need some help with computer not...

1. Mac user setting up home work station for the wife and need some help with computer not... - Similar Threads - Mac user setting

2. Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016: I have Office Home & Student 2016 and today I cannot save or print any Excel worksheet. Today at the top of the page it asks me to Activate 365. I don't use 365 & want to stay with my version. Does anyone else have an issue saving a file or printing a file ?...
  3. Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016: I have Office Home & Student 2016 and today I cannot save or print any Excel worksheet. Today at the top of the page it asks me to Activate 365. I don't use 365 & want to stay with my version. Does anyone else have an issue saving a file or printing a file ?...
  4. Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need help with some settings fault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with some settings fault: When I go to cortana app settings in microphone it says "Your organisation has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana’s help by typing in the text box.", but I dont have any work or school account connected, but I once had, but I also...
  6. setting up a user on a new computer for work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  7. setting up a user on a new computer for work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  8. setting up multiple work stations with 1 admin but various independent users

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up multiple work stations with 1 admin but various independent users: What is the best way to set up multiple work stations with a single admin email but also allow users to have their own loginsWe want 1 single admin account to be able to access and clean up and reset computer for new users as neededthe trouble is now we have multiple...
  9. Need help upgrading my gaming/work station into a "battle station"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help upgrading my gaming/work station into a "battle station": I'm planning to get a secondary monitor but before I make purchases, I want to know if these are possible: A single computer with multiple workspace. I want multiple displays with their own input devices(keyboard, mice/touchscreen) but my main keyboard and mice can still...
  10. Wife logs into computer at home: wallpaper from computer at work shows up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wife logs into computer at home: wallpaper from computer at work shows up.: So, recently, my wife says she logged into the computer at our office (we have a small company), and when she logged in she was asked to do...something (description is not clear) and that was that. When she came home and logged in to her desktop, the background wallpaper for...