Windows 10: Mac user trying to back up his windows for the first time and is unsure what to do, any...

Discus and support Mac user trying to back up his windows for the first time and is unsure what to do, any... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, so I want to back up my windows PC for the first time, with the plan of installing a fresh version of winodow 10 and then restoring my files back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GreetingsTraveler_, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Mac user trying to back up his windows for the first time and is unsure what to do, any...

Hi, so I want to back up my windows PC for the first time, with the plan of installing a fresh version of winodow 10 and then restoring my files back onto this new windows platform. If I do a back up in form of a system image, will that allow me to only restore my files and not the former windows 10 version. In my mind if i click restore it would overwrite the fresh installed windows with the old one? or am I mistaken?

Also when I try to do the back up using file history and click on "more options", the "back up these folders" section seems to show a random collection of folders. Should it not automatically select all my files, or do those random folders encompase all my files? This way would not back up the current windows install, so would this be better suited than a system image for my case?

Thanks a lot for any help, i am quite confused.

submitted by /u/GreetingsTraveler_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GreetingsTraveler_, Oct 29, 2020
  2. remeika Win User

Issues With Windows Phone Connector for Mac

I am still having this issue. I have tried the Certificate deletion procedure below:

Could you try the following steps:

• Remove the pinlock from your phone and restart the device.
    • Open the Keychain Access application and remove the login certificate called "Windows Phone 7 Connector" and reboot your Mac.
    No luck.

My details:

Mac OS 10.7.1
    Windows Phone Connector v2.0

ATT Samsung Focus
    Firmware revision: 2103.11.3.3
    Hardware revision 3.1.0.7

I would also humbly suggest you add this issue to the support section on windowsphone.com. If you hope that WP7 will become a mass market device, then Microsoft-acknowledged support issues shouldn't be buried in user forums.

remeika, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Looking for a user friendly OS

A mac.

Or Ubuntu.

Dippyskoodlez, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Mac user trying to back up his windows for the first time and is unsure what to do, any...

Issues With Windows Phone Connector for Mac

edved,
    Could you try the following steps:

• Remove the pinlock from your phone and restart the device.
    • Open the Keychain Access application and remove the login certificate called "Windows Phone 7 Connector" and reboot your Mac.
    Please respond with the outcome of these steps.

Resnick, Can you also try the same steps.

Scott M - MSFT, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Mac user trying to back up his windows for the first time and is unsure what to do, any...

1. Mac user trying to back up his windows for the first time and is unsure what to do, any... - Similar Threads - Mac user trying

2. Back Up first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back Up first time: hiusing win 10 going to back up on an external HD 500GWhat I expect and is this possible?1. I would like to do a whole and complete back up.2. Have access to all the files on the external, if needed; as if I was looking at an external drive with the ability to c/p any file.3....
  3. Back Up first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back Up first time: hiusing win 10 going to back up on an external HD 500GWhat I expect and is this possible?1. I would like to do a whole and complete back up.2. Have access to all the files on the external, if needed; as if I was looking at an external drive with the ability to c/p any file.3....
  4. Back Up first time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.: So, I recently used the boot camp assistant so I could switch from Mac to Windows Only because I wanted to play vr on my computer And now, I have no idea how to switch back to Mac.One major problem I'm having is trying to download the boot camp assistant on Windows. Every...
  6. Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.: So, I recently used the boot camp assistant so I could switch from Mac to Windows Only because I wanted to play vr on my computer And now, I have no idea how to switch back to Mac.One major problem I'm having is trying to download the boot camp assistant on Windows. Every...
  7. Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Mac user switching to Windows for the first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mac user switching to Windows for the first time: Hey I’m switching to windows for the first time! Need something I can game and pretty much do everything on without spending 3000$ so I’m getting a decent spec’d gaming laptop. How can I make my windows pc as user friendly as possible any extensions, programs or tips? Also...
  9. BSOD Unsure of what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Unsure of what to do: Hi guys looking for some advice here. I ran memtest86 and dont get any errors that come back i have also monitored temps for my cpu and doesnt seem to be overheating under load and also ran a stresstest on cpu and no crashes or anything. This is the minidump i got back....
  10. Unsure on what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsure on what to do: [IMG] My laptop Lenovo Z50 AMD A10 Win10 OS runs fine then will randomly blue screen like this. It makes it frustrating to troubleshoot when the QR code doesnt read and theres no actual code to view. Has anyone had this issue before or would know how to fix it?...