Windows 10: Mac with Windows 10 Home installed is apparently a Volume License Edition

Discus and support Mac with Windows 10 Home installed is apparently a Volume License Edition in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home installed on my MacBook Pro Mid-2018 model, and it’s updated to the latest hotfix of macOS Big Sur, plus the installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MatthewOwen705, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Mac with Windows 10 Home installed is apparently a Volume License Edition

Hello, I have Windows 10 Home installed on my MacBook Pro Mid-2018 model, and it’s updated to the latest hotfix of macOS Big Sur, plus the installation of W10H itself is fully updated as well via Boot Camp with a .iso that I downloaded from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISODuring setup this was about a year or so ago, I chose the version I wanted to install from a list of different candidates without realizing it was a volume license and skipped the two prompts that asked me to activate Windows with a product key, as I had every intention of buying a

:)

MatthewOwen705, Apr 26, 2021

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Apr 26, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Mac with Windows 10 Home installed is apparently a Volume License Edition

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Mac with Windows 10 Home installed is apparently a Volume License Edition

1. Mac with Windows 10 Home installed is apparently a Volume License Edition - Similar Threads - Mac Home installed

2. Bought Windows 11 Home license to install it to Parallels Desktop 19 for Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Windows 11 Home license to install it to Parallels Desktop 19 for Mac: Hi,I bought the Windows 11 Home edition license at my friend's recommendation, who recommended using Parallels Desktop 19 for Windows for some testing of the application I'm currently working on with a programmer. He told me the Windows 11 Home edition is alright since he...
  3. Bought Windows 11 Home license to install it to Parallels Desktop 19 for Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought Windows 11 Home license to install it to Parallels Desktop 19 for Mac: Hi,I bought the Windows 11 Home edition license at my friend's recommendation, who recommended using Parallels Desktop 19 for Windows for some testing of the application I'm currently working on with a programmer. He told me the Windows 11 Home edition is alright since he...
  4. Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition: I'm replacing Windows 8.1 with Windows 10. Instead of doing an upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro, I tried a fresh installation. I've downloaded the installation files to a USB flash drive using the media tool. When I boot to the flash drive, the setup skips the screen to enter my...
  5. Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition: I'm replacing Windows 8.1 with Windows 10. Instead of doing an upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro, I tried a fresh installation. I've downloaded the installation files to a USB flash drive using the media tool. When I boot to the flash drive, the setup skips the screen to enter my...
  6. Windows 10 Installation Defaults to Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition not purchased? apparently...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition not purchased? apparently...: So.... I bought Minecraft on the Microsoft store app 1-2 years ago, only to now see it as an app I need to purchase. I am going to be buying a new pc so seeing this makes me worry that I won't be able to play Minecraft on it without purchasing it first Again : I'll send a...
  8. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10): Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message. It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I...
  9. Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Home Edition Issue: How to install properly the Windows 10 Home Edition from my Computer Desktop Old version which is the HP L1506 Desktop. Please help me to find the best solution Thank you and Godbless to us....
  10. Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.: Laptop keeps hanging, have followed steps about letting Windows control power management and updated some drivers, but still randomly hangs (normally after a few minutes of inactivity, or when I am using a web browser). No obvious cause, any tips? thanks....