Windows 10: MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key

Discus and support MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running into a weird issue - haven't seen this before. I have a MacBook Air running High Sierra, Bootcamped into Windows 10. When I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tcsekhar, Jun 25, 2018.

1. tcsekhar Win User

MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key

I'm running into a weird issue - haven't seen this before. I have a MacBook Air running High Sierra, Bootcamped into Windows 10. When I installed Windows 10, it would always get stuck at "Getting Started" screen - tried 6 times with the same result. With lot of googling, I found that disconnecting the USB Installer flash drive, and adding internet connectivity with ethernet cable, it does install fine, and it really did.

By the way getting the partition GPT ready for windows was hell of a trouble. The first time I partition the disk through bootcamp on Mac OSX and get into windows installer, it wouldn't let me pick the partitioned drive stating that its not GPT partition. It will let me delete the format but won't let me reformat either. I have to go back to OSX, remove the partition, add it again and reboot into installer, and the second time it will let me delete and choose the drive to proceed with the installation. I had to do this all the 7 times I tried to install. Please remember - everytime you remove and re add the partition through bootcamp, you lose some space allocated to a hidden partition which you won't see until you run a partition utility - found it the hard way.

Now, everytime I boot up my MaBook, it requires the lightning Ethernet adapter to be plugged into it. If it doesn't find one, keyboard doesn't work, and mouse move works but mouse click doesn't work - on the login screen. Plugging in Ethernet adapter while I'm on the login screen doesn't help - I need to have it inserted when I press the ON button.

I'm forced to use the lightning Ethernet adapter as a hardware security key for my macbook air. As soon as I login, I'm able to disconnect the adapter, and eveything works normally.

:)

tcsekhar, Jun 25, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

SD Card Detection Issue in Windows Installed on MacBook Air

Hi Kunal,

For us to get a better grasp of your query with your MacBook Air, kindly provide us the following below:

• Version of your Windows OS
    • Error message that you receive
    I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Jun 25, 2018
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jun 25, 2018
  4. MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key

Issue with Ethernet adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you answer the following question:

• Are you getting any error message with Ethernet adapter?
    • Please provide me the make and model of your computer.
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check:

Method 1: I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter.

Network Troubleshooter

Follow the steps provided below to run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall Ethernet driver

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.

• Click View on the Menu bar and select Show hidden devices.

• Locate Network Adapter and expand the same.

• Right-click on Ethernet adapter
      and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest network drivers from the manufacturer website and run in compatibility mode.

Please refer the article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: applies to windows 10 as well.

Please refer the article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: applies to windows 10 as well.

Get back to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key

1. MacBook Air - Win10 installation issues/Ethernet adapter as h/w key - Similar Threads - MacBook Air Win10

2. macbook air m2 install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    macbook air m2 install issues: ok so ive pulled the trigger on purchasing the parallels 19 for the silicon m2 macbook air, ive entered the registration key and it installed but i KEEP GETTING A POP UP TELLING ME THAT WINDOWS 11 IS NOT ACTIVATED??? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?...
  3. macbook air m2 install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    macbook air m2 install issues: ok so ive pulled the trigger on purchasing the parallels 19 for the silicon m2 macbook air, ive entered the registration key and it installed but i KEEP GETTING A POP UP TELLING ME THAT WINDOWS 11 IS NOT ACTIVATED??? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?...
  4. Macbook Air M1 Windows Only Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Macbook Air M1 Windows Only Install: Can I install Windows 10 or 11 ARM on a Macbook Air M1, as a clean install with nothing but Windows, no dual boot, no MAC OS . Just a functional mac using nothing but Windows? All devices supported ito drivers, and will it perform well? Many thanks for your input?...
  5. Macbook Air M1 Windows Only Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Macbook Air M1 Windows Only Install: Can I install Windows 10 or 11 ARM on a Macbook Air M1, as a clean install with nothing but Windows, no dual boot, no MAC OS . Just a functional mac using nothing but Windows? All devices supported ito drivers, and will it perform well? Many thanks for your input?...
  6. Macbook Air M1 Windows Only Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. MacBook Air or Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    MacBook Air or Pro: Hi, Ive never had a Mac and thought Id treat myself, could anyone give me some advice. I dont know what to buy between the MacBook Air (m1) or Pro 13 (m1). Ill be using which ever Im adviced to pick for coding, internet and a little gaming. PS - Sorry if its not allowed,...
  8. MacBook Air

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MacBook Air: I bought a MacBook Air and can't use it : Can I run windows 10 on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macbook-air/9d569883-c8f6-47ab-9ce5-ba68a576d7e5"
  9. bootcamp installation failed in Macbook air

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootcamp installation failed in Macbook air: I have windows 10 iso disc image, it is not installed in my MacBook Air always says bootcamp installation failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-installation-failed-in-macbook-air/905399a2-845b-4467-a91a-3d926ca07b31
  10. Windows on Macbook Air

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows on Macbook Air: I installed & purchased Windows 10 Home on my 2018 MacBook air. Is there a way to use Touch ID to log into accounts or use as a security feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-on-macbook-air/05b688ee-73a2-4f38-adc9-21753ff19901

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macbook air 2015 ethernet driver windows 10

2. macbook ethernet adapter

3. macbook windows 10 lightning ethernet adapter

4. windows 10 network adapter for macbook air,
  5. macbook air windows driver ethernet,
  6. macbook air windows ethernet,
  7. USB ETHERnet Adapters keep disappearing macbook pro 2018 bootcamp