Windows 10: Macbook as webcam on the PC?

Discus and support Macbook as webcam on the PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, guys, I started streaming live on Twitch a couple days ago. Now I would like to use a camera, but I don't really want to invest money directly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gandalf98, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Gandalf98 Win User

Macbook as webcam on the PC?

Hi, guys,

I started streaming live on Twitch a couple days ago. Now I would like to use a camera, but I don't really want to invest money directly. Therefore my question: Can I connect my Macbook somehow as a live webcam to my PC (Windows 10) ? Unfortunately I have no other reasonable camera.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

MfG,

Gandalf

:)

Gandalf98, Jun 28, 2020

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Macbook as webcam on the PC?

Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Macbook as webcam on the PC?

1. Macbook as webcam on the PC? - Similar Threads - Macbook webcam

2. How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?: I just bought a license for Microsoft Win Home 11 64-bit All Lng PK Lic Online DwnLd NR KW9-00664, and was given a 25-character key. However, when I use that key to activate Windows 11 ARM in the Parallels virtual machine on Macbook Air M2, it get an error: The product key...
  3. How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?: I just bought a license for Microsoft Win Home 11 64-bit All Lng PK Lic Online DwnLd NR KW9-00664, and was given a 25-character key. However, when I use that key to activate Windows 11 ARM in the Parallels virtual machine on Macbook Air M2, it get an error: The product key...
  4. USB hub won't connect to MACBOOK 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hub won't connect to MACBOOK 2023: I have the new Mac 2023 version. I have an old desk jet f4480. I have used this for my other Mac with no issues from 2012. I connect the printer to my usb hub but nothing will print. My computer shows that it is online but idle. Every time I click print nothing happens....
  5. USB hub won't connect to MACBOOK 2023

USB hub won't connect to MACBOOK 2023: I have the new Mac 2023 version. I have an old desk jet f4480. I have used this for my other Mac with no issues from 2012. I connect the printer to my usb hub but nothing will print. My computer shows that it is online but idle. Every time I click print nothing happens....
  6. I saved my half finished word doc on my 2022 Macbook Pro but now all that remains is my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I saved my half finished word doc on my 2022 Macbook Pro but now all that remains is my...: I saved my half-finished Word doc on my 2022 Macbook Pro, but now all that remains is my name and title page. What can I do to recover the rest of the doc? It even says the last time I worked on it was Friday, 2/23/24. I had started it Thursday night. which means that I did...
  7. I saved my half finished word doc on my 2022 Macbook Pro but now all that remains is my...

I saved my half finished word doc on my 2022 Macbook Pro but now all that remains is my...: I saved my half-finished Word doc on my 2022 Macbook Pro, but now all that remains is my name and title page. What can I do to recover the rest of the doc? It even says the last time I worked on it was Friday, 2/23/24. I had started it Thursday night. which means that I did...
  8. so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...

so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...: So, the title explains most of it but here is the error message and system specs. Error code: 0xA00F4244 nocamerasareattachedSystem Specs: 16gb ram installed, 256gb SSD, windows 10 home non activated, intel core i7 5th gen, intel iris pro 5200,...
  9. so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...: So, the title explains most of it but here is the error message and system specs. Error code: 0xA00F4244 nocamerasareattachedSystem Specs: 16gb ram installed, 256gb SSD, windows 10 home non activated, intel core i7 5th gen, intel iris pro 5200,...
  10. so, on 2015 macbook pro running windows via bootcamp built in webcam and even kinect wont...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware