Windows 10: MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor

Discus and support MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My MacBook Pro 2014 keeps flickering when I plug in an HDMI to VGA converter to it. I am using HDMI to plug in the HDMI to VGA converter which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by susanmark_882, Jul 2, 2022.

1. MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor

My MacBook Pro 2014 keeps flickering when I plug in an HDMI to VGA converter to it. I am using HDMI to plug in the HDMI to VGA converter which is plugged into my monitor. The screen is just black and then the Mac starts flashing. The external monitor does not have any effect. I tried out the wiring and monitor on another windows computer and it worked smoothly.

:)

susanmark_882, Jul 2, 2022

2. Hdmi to VGA adapter & connection to external monitor

I have a Windows 10 hp laptop and a Cable Matters HDMI to VGA adapter. I usually plug my laptop to an HD TV but am having to do this for a while.

I understand this can be tricky, as hdmi to VGA is digital to analog conversion. I got it working yesterday after plenty of fight, not in display options but windows key + p and selected extend. When done working I closed my laptop lid. Since then it has not
    worked. Can any you help?

I'll tell you what I've done and what it's doing. Now, Windows does indeed think it's connected to an external monitor. Everything about windows says so - there's two icons in display. I can move things to other monitor. But, the monitor doesn't agree. It's
    blinking in standby.

If I unplug VGA from monitor, it realizes it. If I unplug adapter from Windows, it realizes it. But there's still a gap and I can't find the answer.

I've restarted, shut down, combinations of those with plugging in adapter before / after, I've deleted generic display from device manager, tried a different monitor, and other various "windows nudges" I call em. Went to manufacturer's site, not any help there.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

benjaminblue, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Dr.obada Win User
    issue with connecting second monitor to laptop through (hdmi to vga ) adaptor

hi ,

I have an issue when I connect my second monitor through the HDMI to VGA adapter and I use it because it's an old monitor uses VGA connector .

so first it connect and work fine but just for few minutes and start flickering and go black screen .

I've tried many ways to fix that from trying different settings to install different display drivers but nothing work for me

so please any suggestions>

my laptop model : ASUS gl553ve

CPU: core i7 7700hq

gpu: 1050 ti

ram: 16 gb

Dr.obada, Jul 2, 2022
  4. MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor

Monitor flickering when connected to HDMI

I have the Gaming Laptop Acer predator 15, here are the specs:

Laptop - (Acer Predator 15)

i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.5GHz

15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM

Monitor - (HP Monitor 22es)

1920 x 1080 - 21.5" IPS Display with max 60Hz refresh rate

HDMI and VGA Port

My issue is that when ever i connect my laptop to a monitor i bought recently the screen flickers every few seconds or more often when i start a video, for example if i open a new video on YouTube, as soon as the video
    has loaded the screen 2 to 3 times before the video starts. The HDMI Cable i use is the one that was included with the monitor, i am running everything at it's native resolution and refresh rate. I have tried using a HDMI to VGA port, to connect via VGA and
    the flickering is taken away but the quality is also reduced, i am a content creator so quality for me is important.

Any suggestions i should try?

AhmadNaveed, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor

1. MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor - Similar Threads - MacBook Pro Screen

2. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  3. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  4. PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor

PC Starts with a Black Screen when connected to an HDMI External Monitor: Hi Guys,I've been facing this issue for a few days now and not getting a 100% relevant info on how to fix it.I recently got 2 HP AIO Systems i7/16MB/1TB/Win10 Pro with 2 HP Monitors. Each AIO system is connected with a monitor using HDMI and I am facing the same challenge...
  5. MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor

MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor: My MacBook Pro 2014 keeps flickering when I plug in an HDMI to VGA converter to it. I am using HDMI to plug in the HDMI to VGA converter which is plugged into my monitor. The screen is just black and then the Mac starts flashing. The external monitor does not have any effect....
  6. MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MacBook Pro Screen Flickering when using HDMI to VGA adapter to connect to external monitor: My MacBook Pro 2014 keeps flickering when I plug in an HDMI to VGA converter to it. I am using HDMI to plug in the HDMI to VGA converter which is plugged into my monitor. The screen is just black and then the Mac starts flashing. The external monitor does not have any effect....
  7. Connecting an old monitor using vga to hdmi converter

Connecting an old monitor using vga to hdmi converter: I am trying connect an old Dell E173FP monitor to my new Acer laptop operating Windows 10. I have a VGA to HDMI converter which I am using for this. It connects ok but my issue is that it is appearing as a widescreen monitor in Display settings so when I maximise a window...
  8. HDMI to VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to VGA adapter: I use the HDMI to VGA adapter to connect one of the old monitor as second monitor on my system. It works great. But, twice now, the adapter seemed to stop working after I unplug the monitor from the adapter when it is still hot. Does it make sense that the adapter would burn...
  9. Cannot connect external screen VGA to HDMI

Cannot connect external screen VGA to HDMI: Hi I am trying to connect an older VGA screen to my fairly new laptop without success. the laptop runs on Windows 10 I have spent ages trying to find a solution here in Support but nothing has worked Things I have tried Update drivers = the drivers are all...
  10. Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter: I am having a problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with a hdmi to vga adapter/converter, the weird thing is that the monitor works normally without any problem when i connect it to my other laptop (HP) or my orange pi one and when i connect my laptop to my...